+++Call of Chaos XII+++

Captain Semper

Chosen are nearly done. :thumbsup:

So many annoying fiddly bits.

I hear ya brother. It's why I'm dreading painting all the Raptors and Warp Talons for my Night Lords. All that trim.....

The sooner you do it the sooner its over with, just bite your lip and push on. Although I bet I ignore my own advice and procrastinate the crap out of my Raptors. :lol:

I was actually tempted to try for Deff Squadron this year   :wink:  ...

but the Gods call and who am I to veer frommy one true calling! 

Especially when the Lord of Fate saw fit to gift me some of his Chosen Sons for my Birthday :smile.:

So I will aim high this year and build a Killteam. And since that is a lot of models but just one lousy unit. I will also up my game an add an exalted Sorcerer as a SECOND  unit!  Let Madness reign!!!!

ahem, so ..

I, XIN CEITJAN  answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete one Killteam (consiting of five Rubric Marines and an aspiring Champion ) AND an Exalted Sorcerer  before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my Soul!

Welcome Xin! :woot: I look forward for that Kill Team!

And why don't you try to join the Deff Skwadron too? The Waaagh and the CoC are not mutually exclusive! :wink:

Actually we would like to the Orks getting as much visibility in the boards as possible - let the Xenos awareness rise! :laugh.:

Cap - updated my vow again with pics of the Leviathan.

And your vow is updated! :smile.:

Hey Captain, how about a Call of Chaos Spawn Beauty Comp?? Thats a good idea huh huh huh??????

Yeah, I had enough with the polls... But I think that the Spawn pageant may be more at home in the CoC than the ETL... What do you guys think? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The call is heard from across the galaxy and the world crusher war-band has answered it's call! Lord Scion orders his dark apostle to summon in more daemon allies from the warp, his warp smith to barter with daemon forges, and grants mercy to those chaos marines that swear fealty to him and khorne. The time has come to march forth once again and improve his champion title to that of lord of chaos!

I Scion answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1 unit of 5 Bloodcrushers
1 unit of 13 Bloodletters
1 Herald of Khorne
1 Venomcrawler
1 unit of 10 Chaos marines

If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I'll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Bloodcrushers
gallery_9422_15822_35475.jpg

Bloodletters
gallery_9422_15822_32712.jpg

Herald
gallery_9422_15822_63529.jpg

Venomcrawler
gallery_9422_15822_97354.jpg

Marines
gallery_9422_15822_99390.jpg

Another great event to keep me motivated to paint some of these dust covered relics and some new toys!

I Lhorke the First answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:

1-Chaos Lord (World Eaters)

1-Lord of Contagion (Death Guard)

1-5x Terminator squad (World Eaters)

1-Rhino (World Eaters)

1-6x Plague Marine squad (Death Guard)

1-Lord Cypher

before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Chaos Lord (World Eaters)

med_gallery_100229_13835_853523.jpg

med_gallery_100229_13835_102130.jpg

More photos to follow.

I Altis answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

• Karanak
  • Lord of Change
  • Master of Possession
  • Venomcrawler
  • Plagueburst Crawler
  • Greater Possessed

before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Pics will be incoming tomorrow, after I've organised what I've pledged

Got some stuff to strip for my Word Bearers (gonna be a week or two), then I'll be making my vow. Assuming I can complete it, I'll be claiming a Warmaster award. Can we get little banner-sized signature awards instead of the heavy chonker that is the current award?

Edit, just in case anyone's curious.

I'll be doing a Chaos Lord made from spare 'Zerker parts, a unit of Dark Vengeance Chosen, one of which has different weapons from standard, a Dark Vengeance Helbrute I've attached a Heavy Flamer to, a set of modern Rubrics with a stolen Chosen axe for the force axe and an old-school Rubric boltgun on one of them, a set of old-school Plague Marines, one of which has a plasmagun, and a set of melee Dark Vengeance Cultists. Might wanna throw in the other half of the Cultists as well, since, frankly, I'd like to keep the paint jobs nice and matching between the two.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

I dread the call, but know there is no denying its motivational power. Here it begins, again, the cycle of my addiction to the hobby.

I, Varr, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete two six-man Chaos Space Marine squads, one six-man Terminator Squad, one Chaos Rhino, and one Exalted Champion before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

TBzhKJY.jpg

The above (and I apologise for the absolutely horrible picture quality, I'll do better in the future) are largely scavenged pieces and recobbled pieces. They will be finished (for glory), stripped (for more glory) and then undercoated (for more-er glory), and then remade into my own Slaaneshi fun-loving-freaks (for... er... glory?).

(And yes, I need to Chaos-ify the Rhino and finish modeling the champion.)

I believe as long as you show a before and after pic that's the case yes Zeph. (At least that's what I usually do).

I'm not always able to get the models today (sometimes I've not bought them) when I feel the need to pledge, so I edit the original vow to include the before pic when I have the models.

Semper will be able to give you the official line tho

@Varr, how much glory was that again?

UPDATE: all but Karnak shown here as my before post, his sprue isn't accessible ATM, will post his sprue in an update.

img_20190921_1236258157050209193869281.j

Edited by Altis

It said "Minis should be undercoated at most" in the FAQ, so I just assumed stripping would be okay (I'll take things I never want to hear my hypothetical children tell me for 20, Alex)? Hope I'm not missing something.

And @Altis - I've crunched the number so we have Glory+More Glory+More-er Glory+Er Glory. The two Ers cancel one another out, so we're left with Glory+More Glory+More Glory+Glory so we've got:

(2)More+(4)Glory = x

Solving for x is currently impossible using our mortal sciences, and the answer lies somewhere in the domain in the Dark Gods and would send our human minds screaming into madness and Spawndom should we attempt to continue. Seeing as being turned into a spawn is what we're trying to avoid I dare not even attempt answer your question. I apologise.

Glory is achieved! I am ready to call my vow complete. I am going to put transfers on the second Rhino but I apparently don't have any more right now so that will be down the road a bit.

Havocs with chaincannons

Jr4oMEE.jpg

Dark Apostle and Greater Possessed

Z9xW1Bh.jpg

Havocs with lascannons

W4RlmOI.jpg

Rhino

Q9ndo4d.jpg

Rhino

DJAD9Hl.jpg

@ Altis: Quite an impressive signature there mate! ;) Welcome to the Call - good luck!

@ Varr: All Glory to you and your Slaaneshi fun-loving freaks! :tu: (and dreading the Call is the correct attitude - so you score favour-points with the Gods there).

@ Zephaniah Adriyen: Yes, you can show unstripped minis as a before pic, provided that they will be fully stripped and/or painted over.  

@ Tyriks: ALL BOW TO THE FIRST WARMASTER! Congratulations Tyriks, you successfully answered the Call and delivered for the Gods!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well it's been a while since my last painting event (lol) so I think I will give this one a go. Will post my vow next week once I work out what that will be. I'm considering a tyrant, desecrater and 2 wardogs but I need to figure out if I can get them completed in time!!

@ Zephaniah Adriyen: Yes, you can show unstripped minis as a before pic, provided that they will be fully stripped and/or painted over.  

Eh, it's just as well. My ultrasonic cleaner arrived today, so I'll have everything stripped over the next week or so in time to vow. Definitely shooting for Warmaster in unit count.