+++Call of Chaos XII+++

Captain Semper

Just need to finish off the Terminators and then all I need to do  is the Prince and Termie Lord (when I find a suitable head for him that is). 

Good job I have nearly finished as Im picking up the first units for my Guard army this week. Mmmmmmm lovely Tanks!!!!

Seeing some really amazing and inspirational pieces, and god I am addicted all over again.

I've just realised I actually need to finish my vows before November given the Sororitas release, given that they'll definitely take over most of my hobby time.

(And somehow actually need to find an opportunity to play some friggin' games.)

Finished my first vow! The bloodcrushers of khorne ride into battle.

Very pleased with the finished results, I tried a painting technique from warhammer tv for the swords and it really pops, much better than my old paint scheme. Next week I got a battle for our narrative campaign and I bum rushing a fortress so these boys will see their first battle light soon!

Group shots

gallery_9422_15822_38740.jpg

gallery_9422_15822_80041.jpg

Champ

gallery_9422_15822_101016.jpg

Standard bearer

gallery_9422_15822_61364.jpg

gallery_9422_15822_21752.jpg

Music

gallery_9422_15822_91205.jpg

And together with my skullcannon/herald chariot which I painted for last years COC vow.

gallery_9422_15822_72947.jpg

Towards the next target, the bloodletters and herald need some paint.

Great crushers there Scion! loving the look, and may well steal the scheme for my own!

For my part I've had a number of distractions recently, but I have got everything glued together now, so assuming it stays dry after work I'll be priming them all and can begin to paint.

Group shot to follow. Where's everyone else at?

Haven't gotten much done. I did get most of the Tzeentch Sorcerer done though. Just need to paint one of his arms, backpack, the horns on his helmet and then he's done. I'll be going to the GW on Wednesday to get some painting in on my 2 Chaos Marine squads, so hopefully that'll help.

Got the Daemon element of my lot done to 'not sure what I'm doing with them, that'll do for now' standard that I'd be happy to game with, now working on the initial block colours of the Deathshroud/Typhus, will take a few pictures at the weekend when there is (hopefully) some natural light.

Just need to finish the Prince and Terminator Lord and paint a banner and Im finished. Good job as Im buying a Guard army next week. For once Im flying through my backlog of unpainted stuff. :tu:

OK everyone, I'm back! :) 

Sorry for being AWOL for some time, but work was really demanding... Be that as it may, I'm ecstatic to see such a vibrant following for the event and such high quality of work here! 

I have updated the first page so now we're back on track. :)

I've changed the loadout on my Plague Marines a little since starting; an extra special weapon, and the Champion has the power fist/plasma gun loadout from the Easy To Build box. Is this okay? 

Yeap, totally fine! :)

I can't believe I made 9 vows. oh well lets try to get on with it then.

First model is done...

I assume it's the Malignant Plaguecaster?

Just realised this is happening ATM, and since I've started painting a significant number of models the other day (and since it'll be challenging to stay motivated throughout the project) ...

I, Brother Kortmer, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete four units of seven Nurglings before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

@Captain Semper, I primed them last week and started painting them this week, all well after September 15th. Below is a picture of the primed models. If that's not acceptable and you would've had me to start painting them only after making the vow - I'd be happy to try to finish them as an out-of-competition entry. That's Ok. 

Totally acceptable! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Didn't manage to make the time for some decent photos due to the overcast nature of the weekend, but here goes:

First a group shot of the 'finished' models, the plaguebearer flesh skin looks better in person than in the picture, but I'm still tempted to give them a thin wash of Athonian Camoshade to green them up a little bit more

scdon1

Then a close up, of the nurglings, I'm just waiting for the static cling to let go of a little of the excess basing

Nurglings

A Plague drone, I had to go an extra paint away between the drone flesh and the bone as the dust and bone were too similar, but I think they turned out OK for contrast experiments

Drone

Then a shot showing how the Plaguebearers don't blend in with my poxwalkers

diff

And the WIP Deathshroud/Typhus, not great progress so far.

shroud

Hey Cap, I had a lot of fun with the ETL this year, and I've been considering getting Raging Heroes' Furians since they came out.  So, Call to Chaos tilted the balance enough for me to buy them and pledge to paint them in the Call.  I ran the minis past my gaming group and they're OK with calling them Bloodletters, so....

I, Jack Burton, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete:: 1 Unit of 10 Bloodletters AND 1 Herald of Khorne on Bloodcrusher:: before December 15th 2019. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Before-pics for reference:

Raging Heroes Furians Unpainted

I can't believe I made 9 vows. oh well lets try to get on with it then.

First model is done...

I assume it's the Malignant Plaguecaster?

Yes it was. Great spot, I hadn't made it clear at all.

I've now painted the Tallyman...

img_20191021_213053.jpg

I've also got a primed shot of the bloat drone and Helbrute, got them sprayed lastnight. I think the Helbrute wasn't even built in my initial vow picture...

img_20191022_211319.jpg

So I have finished my Plague marines

gallery_36568_14038_50422.jpg

Bases, as per usual, will be done at the end of the Call. I dont know why the pic is so grainy but meh. At this completion rate and with most of my November taken up with amother project I will struggle to get the Call alone done, let alone both call and WAAAAAGH!!! Have shifted focus to the Call for now and am currently working on my Five Chosen.