+++Waaagh! 2019+++

Captain Semper

Aeronautica-Gallery7.jpg

JUST ONE DAY TO GO!

OK everyone, this is it! Please note that the event will remain open for the whole day tomorrow so all time zones will have the 15th available!

Wow Kierdale, that is indeed an amazing take on an Ork flyer! :eek:

C'mon, let's make this first-ever Ork event an affair to remember!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Blastajet is coming along. It has turned out to be a lot more work then I expected, but that's just cause it has so many more parts than a Dakkajet. Nonetheless, I'll have it done this weekend. Edited by toaae

And Im done with my 20 boyz and 10 grots. I had a lot of fun painting these and it was nice for a change to do it a bit sloppy and not highlight everything.

First 10 boyz with a Nob:

wfQtUcu.jpg

Second group of 10:

ntXNlvS.jpg

A back pic of the Nob. The shoulder pad is a Ogryn one with the same blue as my friends Ogryns. And the Guard helmet under his boot is also the same color as my friends Imp Guard.

0Rr2V1C.jpg

And 10 Grots/gretchin.

Dz5WDqc.jpg

Keep going everyone, you have the entire day today - I will be officially closing the event tomorrow so people will have the day available across all time-zones!

Excellent - two more completions!

@ Azaiel: An excellent example of solid, clean work with proper basing. Love it! Congratulations man! 

@ Triszin: Now that's a Warboss if there ever was one! :lol: A mighty leader for your Waaagh! Colourful and brutal and with some severe Tau issues... :yes: Congrats man! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So I'm almost def going to end up a snot....

Not surprising really based on my last post but my wife is doing amazingly and recovering well from the stroke at home.

I have made some massive progress on the naught and will be posting loads of pics later to show where I'm up to.

I start a new job in Derby tomorrow so heading off shortly and planning on stopping at GW HQ for a few hours before check in at my BnB opens. 

so a last push then. Doubt I'll finish as I'm not going to compromise the finish, though I Might have it reassembled but missing some weathering. fingers crossed I'll update this evening or tomorrow lunch. 

Blastajet, complete! Pics incoming. PICS HERE!!!!

Blastajet Finish 1

Blastajet Finish 2

Blastajet Finish 3

Blastajet Finish 4

As I mentioned in my last post, this took longer than I expected, due to all the additional wargear on the Blastajet as compared to the original. Still, a very cool model, and one I'm excited to have added to my collection. Add another bird to the airwing of WAAAGH!!! Tortoof.

Also, Semper, I'd like my callsign to be

Zukkom "Da Kardnul"

(like the Cardinal, a red bird, as well as some important 'umie git the rest of the humies pay a lot of attention to)

Edited by toaae

Ah, mork be damned, over my painkiller induced weekend (and the panic before that) I forgot to upload a pic...

While just loosing some teef (3 of them... yay! Atleast I got to keep them fot my collection...) in real life is no excuse, I will make sure to rectify that mistake later today once I am home!

gallery_48988_15738_1046884.png

WAAAGH 2019 IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

OK, that was fun!

This was the first ever Ork-themed event in the B&C and I sure hope it catches on! We had 15 participants joining in and that was amazing - especially given the more timid participation levels in the ETL. However, many of the frater could not elevate themselves beyond the level of snotling - which means they must bear the shame of the relevant badge...

However we also had two very determined individual Ork Warbosses that were elevated themselves to the rank of Arch-Arsonist, namely The Chaplain and the Warbringer! Congratulations to both. We also had several completions of Nobs and Bosses and Warbosses tat produced some wacky stuff in true Ork fashion.

Interestingly we had two Flyer completions - a very Bad Moony one and a more traditional (but no less impressive-looking) Blasta Jet. Both Kierdale and toaee joined the Deff Skwadron with the rank of Pilot officer and can further increase their ranks in future Waaaghs if they choose to add more fliers to their collection.

You can all see your titles in the first page and if you spot any mistake on my part i) take the badge you deserve and ii) notify me so I can amend it. :smile.:

So let's talk badges:

The Badges are modular in the sense that they are squares that can be added to the rectangular participation badge OR they can be used as standalone badges, e.g.:

gallery_48988_15738_4243.png

OR

gallery_48988_15738_11177.pnggallery_48988_15738_4243.png

Furthermore, for those who wish to economise on their signature space, we also provide the medallion-style badge.

So here goes:

Arch-Arsonist:

gallery_48988_15738_19809.png gallery_48988_15738_5790.png

The_Chaplain

Warbringer

Mega Boss:

gallery_48988_15738_22911.png gallery_48988_15738_1099.png

-

Big Boss:

gallery_48988_15738_1489.png gallery_48988_15738_4817.png

Kierdale

Boss:

gallery_48988_15738_17267.png gallery_48988_15738_8469.png

Azaiel

toaee

Nob:

gallery_48988_15738_2683.png gallery_48988_15738_563.png

RikuEru

Trizsin

Snotling:

gallery_48988_15738_4243.png gallery_48988_15738_3469.png

Brother Argent

Grotsmasha

Lexington

Mechanist

Mithrilforge

rednekkboss

TheOneTrueZon

Quantum

Now let's talk Deff Skwadron:

For Kierdale and toaee who complete a flyer each the obtain the rank of Pilot Officer (P/O) Deff Skwadron. The relevant badge is:

gallery_48988_15738_9905.png gallery_48988_15738_1133.png

Now we promised that you can have personalised callsigns, so you should be looking at something like this:

gallery_48988_15738_4719.png

OR

gallery_48988_15738_4719.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.png

We already have the request by toaee to be "Zukkom "Da Kardnul". We'll work on that ASAP! Also Kierdale, let us know what you want your callsign to be or else we'll just assume "Mek Dufflug" :laugh.:

Now I want to thank everyone for taking part and especially @Grotsmasha - Inner Circle's Master of the Arsenal and responsible for all the fantastic imagery of the event(s).

I look forward to running this again next year with hopefully even larger participation!

Until then, farewell,

Captain Semper

Member of the Inner Circle

Master of Recruits

Thanks Semper! This was fun, and it was great to have the additional hook with the flyers. It's the whole reason I added the Blastajet to my collection. And next year, I'm planning something bigger...

Thanks, as always, Captain Semper!

It was really fun to do something COMPLETELY different to what I usually do.

And so, as promised:

97R8d1U.jpg

He's... 98% done. (Do not look at the stone under his foot... I absolutely blanked on that)

I learned a lot while painting this. Both in regards to unusual, structured metallic plates and the Contrast Paints. Had to spray him again after the first botched try.

Also he was the first test for basing with putty and the textured rolls from greenstuffworld. Again... not perfect... but he doesn't care and others will profit from this.

Maybe not a Masterpiece, but a huge learning experience. (Also watched dozens of orky lore videos while painting/working on him)

Still enjoyed it immensely.

So this is as far as I got with the Gork/Morkanought but to be honest it's been sat built for years and unloved so the event has pushed me to move it along and I intend to carry on over Christmas to the end.

med_gallery_88567_15847_160122.jpg

Next Part to paint will be the bit that holds the doors on and I need to go round and weather up the outside to mach the inside which looks like this.

med_gallery_88567_15847_187506.jpg

I've uploaded a bunch more photos ready to share so I'm going to hit up my hobby PLog tomorrow with them all including the background behind the graffiti as it links to my army's Nobz.

@ RikuEru: Great work man! It's a great center-piece and excellent conversion too. Not to mention the valuable learning experience that you mentioned! Well done sir!

@ Mechanist: That is tremendous progress for a forgotten piece that was gathering dust for years... And if you carry on with your effort over Christmas it would be a triumphant victory over grey plastic! :tu: Just keep at it and see it through! :)

Thanks for your kind words everybody, I'm glad people enjoyed it. I think next year will have an even bigger following. In fact if you carry the badges in your sigs, it might generate interest!

Speaking of badges, here are the callsigns (with great many thanks to @Grotsmasha with his lightning response times!!!):

toaee:

gallery_48988_15738_35057.png

Kierdale:

gallery_48988_15738_18559.png

remember these can be used in conjunction with the P/O square badge:

gallery_48988_15738_35057.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.png

gallery_48988_15738_18559.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.png

Tally ho gentlemen! :D

Congratulations to everyone for taking part and thanks to captain Semper for running.

I really love the bad moon a very clever build.

I'm keeping progress updates on the Naught over on my plog and today I've glued the main body back together, weathered everything that's pained so far and have in the last hour glued legs on and fixed it to it's base.

So feel to pop over to my plog and keep updated. All comments welcome.