Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Supplement: Salamanders and Imperial Fists Leaks

• Please log in to reply
1403 replies to this topic

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,894 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Take this with a grain of salt my guys but War-of-Sigmar just posted what seems to be the Salamanders Units/rules

https://war-of-sigma.../bloggings/4150

Make of it what you will.

Edit: 

Warhammer Community Topic showing off both Adrax and Tor Garadon: https://www.warhamme...tures-revealed/

From Valrak's post found here: http://www.bolterand...eaks/?p=5391498

Been sent leaks for the Imperial Fist Supplement, I have got pics of the new model but my source at this time has asked me not to show them off, I will respect that, he did send me the data sheet for Tor Garadon. 

My video if anyone wants to watch it, images posted below:

https://www.youtube....h?v=1J3Flp1jam4

Spoiler

Summary of what we currently know about this release:

Imperial Fists:

• New Character: Tor Garadon (rules found above)
  • Doctrine: +1D to Heavy Weapons vs Vehicles and Buildings
  • Strat to have all models in a unit be able to lob a grenade
  • Bolter Drill Strat (stacks with CT)
  • Bolster Defences: +1 to armor saves in cover
  • Pain is a Lesson: 6+ 'FNP'
  • Praetorian's Wrath: +1AP to unmodified wound rolls of a 6
  • Bitter Enemy: re-roll hit and wound rolls vs Iron Warriors in CC
  • Fleet Master WLT: Warlord has an extra orbital bombardment that can possibly be used simultaneously with other 'Orbital Bombardments'
  • Stubborn Heroism WLT: Cannot fall back but reduce incoming damage by half to min of 1
  • CF WLT: Come back to life on a 4+ with d3 wounds.
  • Fortify: Infantry or Biker unit regains d3 wounds\
  • Iron Inferno: choose a point within 18", units within 6" take a mortal wound on a 4+
  • Spartean Relic: Its Spartean.
  • Banner: +1 to hit rolls when resolving an attack within 6" with melee weapons
  • Eye of Hypnoth: Make the relic holder a lieutenant, basically

Additionally: No Black Templars.

All known Salamanders Leaks (that I know of at least), is found above within the War of Sigmar Link.

Edited by Slips, 13 October 2019 - 12:55 AM.

• Triszin, Drudge Dreadnought, sfPanzer and 1 other like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,475 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Mildly surprised that He'stan didn't get Rubicon'd. The side benefit there of course is that the Sallies get 2 characters rather than 1. A very characterful set of rules, look forward to seeing their upgrade sprue (and I hope the IF supplement leaks soon as well).

edit: assuming this is all true, of course

Edited by Marshal Loss, 15 September 2019 - 07:46 PM.

• Triszin and SickSix like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,011 posts
Does this Adrax dude have stats fitting primaris? I notice his faction key words have not been included to see if he is definitely primaris.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Not sure why, but I kinda doubt this is legit this time. If it is then Salamanders get some great stuff though!

• Dracos, Triszin and Trevak Dal like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Chaos, Dark Eldar

These look great, so i hope they are real. Not sure even +1 wound will be enough to raise meltas over plasma though.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,475 posts

Does this Adrax dude have stats fitting primaris? I notice his faction key words have not been included to see if he is definitely primaris.

He's got the +1 wound and +1 attack, so yeah he would be Primaris

• Black Blow Fly and Red_Shift like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,870 posts

Mildly surprised that He'stan didn't get Rubicon'd. The side benefit there of course is that the Sallies get 2 characters rather than 1. A very characterful set of rules, look forward to seeing their upgrade sprue (and I hope the IF supplement leaks soon as well).

I'm honestly pretty surprised, if this is indeed the truth. There are some Rumour Engines that could have perfectly been him (flamer, scales, brazier), so unless they belong to the other character, I'm back to square one with those.

But with that said, I have to wonder if the reason to not Primarise him now is because at some point in time they'll take some of Vulkan's artifacts away from him, but it's not time for that yet.

Edited by DeadFingers, 15 September 2019 - 08:06 PM.

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Damn that Primaris character looks quite solid. Cool stuff!

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,115 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Those garbage psychic powers have got to be fake. I also doubt there will be three tactical doctrine chapters.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm honestly pretty surprised, if this is indeed the truth. There are some Rumour Engines that could have perfectly been him (flamer, scales, brazier), so now I'm back to square one with those.

But with that said, I have to wonder if the reason to not Primarise him now is because at some point in time they'll take some of Vulkan's artifacts away from him, but it's not time for that yet.

Well it could be the other character? That one has a Flamer called "Drakkis", and a "Drakehide Cloak" after all.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

This would be a relatively moderate/high effort fake. The doctrine lines up with the french rumors which have been spot on so far. It also makes sense there's a new character, Drakkis is listed as a flamer in the wargear section which means it's a character weapon. So Drakkis is either A. a weapon for He'stan that's been added to his loadout, which could happen - see Shrike. or B. Weapon of a brand new character as seen above.

I'm inclined to think these are real. 

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,870 posts

Well it could be the other character? That one has a Flamer called "Drakkis", and a "Drakehide Cloak" after all.

Yeah, I ninja edited that after I noticed the new guy. tongue.png

But even if the Rumour Engines belong to the new character, my theory about He'stan not crossing the Rubicon/getting a new model for the moment still remains the same. If they have plans for Vulkan (the proper one) to come back at some point, maybe He'stan will give some of the artifacts back.

Edited by DeadFingers, 15 September 2019 - 08:27 PM.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,691 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Yes he does. 6 wounds and 5 attacks indicate a Primaris Captain.

-~Ishagu~-

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,490 posts
I like that Primaris character, if he's real. Interesting that it wasn't Vulkan...

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,691 posts
That's actually quite cool if it is real. Rather than just upgrading them all they also create new characters.
  • SickSix likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

I admit i've an hard time believing this.It seems to be made like some sort of callout to other rumor sources (the mind went to the way the french guy tends to present his rumors at times)

Also,it seems to be too huge of a leak,too soon compared to what we got for other supplements

But yeah,maybe i'm reading too much in the presentation.

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:05 PM.

• Ultrad81 likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,490 posts

That's actually quite cool if it is real. Rather than just upgrading them all they also create new characters.

Makes me hopeful this is true - technically lines up with the French rumour if Vulkan and Lysander not hitting the Rubicon.

Black_Star

Black_Star

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 582 posts

Those garbage psychic powers have got to be fake. I also doubt there will be three tactical doctrine chapters.

Three tactical chapters make sense. It should be the most common, and if fists are devastor doctrine and templars are assault doctrine you would end up with 2,3,2 which is a pretty good spread
  • Oxydo likes this

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,011 posts
It gives me hopes for an Imperial Fists model as well, hopefully Tor Garadon although IIRC there is a space marine battles book out soon which features an IF librarian as the main character. This is certainly an unexpected development after the other straight Rubicon translations for the other chapters.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,475 posts

If Lysander is not translated across into Gravis, this also keeps the dream of Primaris Terminator armour alive for now, which could have significant mid/long-term repercussions for the Primaris range.

• Red_Shift and Lemondish like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,691 posts

If Lysander is not translated across into Gravis, this also keeps the dream of Primaris Terminator armour alive for now, which could have significant mid/long-term repercussions for the Primaris range.

That we'll get another, even bigger Calgar down the line? 😜
  • phoenix01 and Mr4Minutes like this

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,475 posts

That we'll get another, even bigger Calgar down the line?

Keep your sick and twisted fantasies to yourself

• PeteySödes, Black Blow Fly, Shadow Captain Vyper and 7 others like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,801 posts

Nope, Agatone is a character in Nick Kyme's Salamander novels (all set pre-gathering storm), he first appears as a tactical squad sergeant and later on becomes Captain of the 3rd.  If the leak is real and he is a primaris then he has definitely done the rubicon, for he was originally a standard marine.

Edited by Robbienw, 15 September 2019 - 08:58 PM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
so is Vulkan maybe not going Primaris?

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

so is Vulkan maybe not going Primaris?

Well

-if you consider the french rumors to be reliable,he's staying an oldmarine

-If you consider these latest ones to be reliable,he doesn't have the primaris keyword and is still rocking the non-primaris captains profile,so he's once again staying an oldmarine

So far,everything seems to point in one way

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:08 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)