Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Supplement: Salamanders and Imperial Fists Leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1403 replies to this topic

undivided_apostle

undivided_apostle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 36 posts
I hope it's true. Hestavan just doesn't translate well with primaris at this point. I rather they leave him alone for first born players. The new guy complement primaris better.
  • SickSix likes this

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts
The tactical doctrine rule doesn’t seem right. Flamer and melta weapons aren’t generally available to Primaris. Seems odd to give a chapter bonus that Primaris can’t use.

Edited by MARK0SIAN, 15 September 2019 - 09:13 PM.

• Dracos and Sir_Flinty like this

gallery_86689_11936_21517.pngsml_gallery_48988_16053_22349.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

so is Vulkan maybe not going Primaris?

Well
-if you consider the french rumors to be reliable,he's staying an oldmarine

-If you consider these latest ones to be reliable,he doesn't have the primaris keyword and is still rocking the non-primaris captains profile,so he's once again staying an oldmarine

So far,everything seems to point in one way
gotcha, makes sense as i doubt geedub gives them 2 minis when othe factions only get one.

Little disapointed, He'Stan was the one codex character i was looking forward to seeing go Primaris.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

The tactical doctrine rule doesn’t seem right. Flamer and melta weapons aren’t generally available to Primaris. Seems odd to give a chapter bonus that Primaris can’t use.

Aggressors?

Having a look at that new guy, he would be awesome with a squad of Flamer Aggressors in a Repulsor. Especially one boosted to t9

On the topic of He'Stan, if you compare him to the other Captain you see the difference in stats, the new guy has a Primaris profile.

BTW, do the FW rules for Salamander characters still exist? I know they have that character Dread with the awesome stat line.

Edited by Ishagu, 15 September 2019 - 09:19 PM.

• Aothaine likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Intercessor can have take hand flamers

Aggressors have them

Redemptors and Invictors have them

Not as avaiable as other types of weapons,but they have stuff that can use the bonus

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:18 PM.

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts

Aggressors have them

Not as avaiable as other types of weapons,but they have stuff that can use the bonus

Yeah but the bonus isn’t as general as the boosts from the the other supplements. The other supplements gave a boost that was applicable to a large variety of Primaris stuff in the army, not just one or two units.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts

It gives me hopes for an Imperial Fists model as well, hopefully Tor Garadon although IIRC there is a space marine battles book out soon which features an IF librarian as the main character. This is certainly an unexpected development after the other straight Rubicon translations for the other chapters.

It totally won't happen, but a split kit of Garadon/Kantor would work pretty well. Power fist hands with the other arm a swap-able spartean/dorn's arrow. Maybe the chestplate/belt buckle is interchangeable with a fancier one for kantor, and he gets a backpack with the bannerpole and ammo feeds. It would definitely be neat.

• Red_Shift likes this

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Aggressors have them

Yeah but the bonus isn’t as general as the boosts from the the other supplements. The other supplements gave a boost that was applicable to a large variety of Primaris stuff in the army, not just one or two units.

Well,if we fall back to the french rumors saying IF would get a bonus to heavy weapons we end in the same situations,lots of primaris units can't use that either.

Might be the "theme" GW went with these last 2 chapters

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:26 PM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

well, doctrines aren't primaris only.

and also there are enough flamers to go around with primaris that they aren't left out (agressors, invictor, redemptor, hand flamers, etc)
  • Fenriwolf, Pork Chop Express and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,887 posts
Only reason why I call shenanigans.

The name of the chapter rule.
"Watch the world burn"

Uhh. I think someone is using the French site rumors and mixing in there own inventions.
  • Dracos likes this
banana

MARK0SIAN

MARK0SIAN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,793 posts

Aggressors have them

Well,if we fall back to the french rumors saying IF would get a bonus to heavy weapons we end in the same situations,lots of primaris units can't use that either.

Might be the "theme" GW went with these last 2 chapters

You could be right, just strikes me as odd. To be honest, I’ll be a bit disappointed if this is what salamders get. It’s a bit underwhelming compared to what some of the other supplements have.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
Thinking about Salamanders and the Tac Doctrine, it makes sense as flamers and meltas are assault weapons, hence that's the Doctrine their special rule applies in.

It's not as far reaching as Iron Hands but we haven't seen all the stratagems. The ones shown so far are very good:

Counting as Stationary when moving (fantastic for Aggressors)
+1 save against D1 weapons
Rising up like a Necron (This can be very useful)

And I like the two defensive psychic powers also. Salamanders have an awesome chapter tactic, arguably the best one. Worth keeping that in mind.

I really like the new character too, if he's real. Can't wait to see what he looks like.

Edited by Ishagu, 15 September 2019 - 09:34 PM.

-~Ishagu~-

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

Only reason why I call shenanigans.

The name of the chapter rule.
"Watch the world burn"

Uhh. I think someone is using the French site rumors and mixing in there own inventions.

It seems some of the names are supposed to be tongue in cheek replacements (he specifies he's not using the real ones here and there)

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:34 PM.

• Oxydo likes this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts
i am curious for the reason why no new Vulkan He'Stan mini and wonder what it means for the long term miniature plans. would they get to Primaris He'Stan eventually or do they have concerns having two characters named Vulkan if they bring the primarch back? ;)

Edited by Wispy, 15 September 2019 - 09:35 PM.

• SickSix likes this

Fritz Fantom

Fritz Fantom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Hmm. Changes/rules aside, I REALLY hope that Salamanders don't get a damn WD codex. I mean, it seems that so far every first founding chapter gets a codex, so I would honestly a bit miffed if we don't get that treatment and are left with a white dwarf supplement. Also, I just can't really shake the feeling of this being a well-made fake.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
It's entirely possible they'll do a 2nd wave of Primaris heroes after the next major Primaris release wave a year or two down the line. Who knows...

Hmm. Changes/rules aside, I REALLY hope that Salamanders don't get a damn WD codex. I mean, it seems that so far every first founding chapter gets a codex, so I would honestly a bit miffed if we don't get that treatment and are left with a white dwarf supplement. Also, I just can't really shake the feeling of this being a well-made fake.

Salamanders will 100% get a supplement like the Ultras, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, etc
  • Dracos likes this

-~Ishagu~-

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

i am curious for the reason why no new Vulkan He'Stan mini and wonder what it means for the long term miniature plans. would they get to Primaris He'Stan eventually or do they have concerns having two characters named Vulkan if they bring the primarch back? msn-wink.gif

But even if the Rumour Engines belong to the new character, my theory about He'stan not crossing the Rubicon/getting a new model for the moment still remains the same. If they have plans for Vulkan (the proper one) to come back at some point, maybe He'stan will give some of the artifacts back.

Beat ya to it. :P

I do wonder about the name though. Since Forgefathers adopt Vulkan's name because he's missing (if I remember correctly), I guess they would abandon that tradition upon his return? Would he then become just He'stan?

Fritz Fantom

Fritz Fantom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

Salamanders will 100% get a supplement like the Ultras, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, etc

From your fingertips to the emperor's ears, my friend^^

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

i am curious for the reason why no new Vulkan He'Stan mini and wonder what it means for the long term miniature plans. would they get to Primaris He'Stan eventually or do they have concerns having two characters named Vulkan if they bring the primarch back? msn-wink.gif

But even if the Rumour Engines belong to the new character, my theory about He'stan not crossing the Rubicon/getting a new model for the moment still remains the same. If they have plans for Vulkan (the proper one) to come back at some point, maybe He'stan will give some of the artifacts back.

Beat ya to it. :P

I do wonder about the name though. Since Forgefathers adopt Vulkan's name because he's missing (if I remember correctly), I guess they would abandon that tradition upon his return? Would he then become just He'stan?
or he becomes Vulkan or a vessel of Vulkan thanks to some perpetual nonsense.

"the last artefact of vulkan was me, vulkan, all along!"

Edited by Wispy, 15 September 2019 - 09:51 PM.

• Triszin, Oxydo and MegaVolt87 like this

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts

The thing i'm actually curious is (admitting these rumors are true) if getting this amout of information this soon means we'll get the last 2 supplements sooner than expected

Edited by Fenriwolf, 15 September 2019 - 09:50 PM.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

A little disappointing if that is the Salamander Super Doctrine. Mind you I don't care *too* much about Super Doctrines, but it is too oddly specific- a specific subset of weapons in a specific doctrine, not enlarged like others. Oh well, not a biggie. Some of those WT and Strategems look awesome! :)

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

I think perpetuals just regenerate, without needing a host or anything like that.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,308 posts

I think perpetuals just regenerate, without needing a host or anything like that.
they got to download him from the Waaagh-Fi though.
  • Triszin, Doctor Perils, Legionnaire of the VIIth and 2 others like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts

A little disappointing if that is the Salamander Super Doctrine. Mind you I don't care *too* much about Super Doctrines, but it is too oddly specific- a specific subset of weapons in a specific doctrine, not enlarged like others. Oh well, not a biggie. Some of those WT and Strategems look awesome! :)

The RG Doctrine is also very specific in application, but highly effective when you get down to it.

-~Ishagu~-

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

A little disappointing if that is the Salamander Super Doctrine. Mind you I don't care *too* much about Super Doctrines, but it is too oddly specific- a specific subset of weapons in a specific doctrine, not enlarged like others. Oh well, not a biggie. Some of those WT and Strategems look awesome! smile.png

The RG Doctrine is also very specific in application, but highly effective when you get down to it.

I guess it depends on bias and preference but I don't find the RG Super Doctrine very good. XD

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users