Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Supplement: Salamanders and Imperial Fists Leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1403 replies to this topic

Hazon Dak'ir

Hazon Dak'ir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

He didn't keep the rank of Captain though. he was replaced by another who took up commanding the 4th Company. He may outrank a Captain in terms of command, but he still operates command through the Captain, which then goes down to the squads. It's not like he kicks out the current Company commander every time he goes on an expedition.....

"A Fire Will Rise"

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
It may be as simple as thinking that having two models in the catalogue named Vulkan is needlessly confusing. They may also be paving the way a bit for a potential primarch Vulkan return.
  • Hazon Dak'ir likes this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,041 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

It may be as simple as thinking that having two models in the catalogue named Vulkan is needlessly confusing. They may also be paving the way a bit for a potential primarch Vulkan return.

Well this doesn't alleviate that at all because, per this rumour, the current Vulkan He'Stan model isn't going away.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

He didn't keep the rank of Captain though. he was replaced by another who took up commanding the 4th Company. He may outrank a Captain in terms of command, but he still operates command through the Captain, which then goes down to the squads. It's not like he kicks out the current Company commander every time he goes on an expedition.....

I didn't say he kept the position of the 4th Company Captain. I did say he is independent of the company structure. For the third time now even.

• SickSix likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

So imperial guard players will lose their beloved Leman Russ tank when Leman Russ himself returns?

I can't see Vulkan Hestan not getting primarised. If I was a sallies player I'd be miffed if that was the case. Can't see their main special character being left behind with the firstborn marines - we know that it's a steady phase-out.

• Hazon Dak'ir and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Maybe Hestan rejected the offer to be Primarised(Word?) it would add more to his character if this was true. Much like if Seth from the FT rejected it as well. Although models are made for selling so maybe GW just doesn't care right now to make a model and want to continue selling the current one?

Krash

Edited by Captain_Krash, 16 September 2019 - 11:55 AM.

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,597 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

To be fair, all it would 'confirm' is that Vulkan He'stan isn't crossing the Rubicon yet.

• Panzer likes this

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - Land Speeder TYPHOOOOOOON

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I can't see Vulkan Hestan not getting primarised. If I was a sallies player I'd be miffed if that was the case. Can't see their main special character being left behind with the firstborn marines - we know that it's a steady phase-out.

Again, maybe GW has something planned for him that'll happen after this Supplement release but before any future update of the Salamanders stuff. Like him getting killed in action while retrieving one or more of the relics (like all the Forgefathers before him did) or Primarch Vulkan returning and wanting his stuff back, before he could become a Primaris. If the latter they could still release a Primaris version of him afterwards but with new gear then.

• SickSix likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Vulkan won't be coming back anytime soon. Money talks and the Sallies player base is miniscule across 40k and even 30k. That's not to say that other players wouldn't jump onboard if a model was released but Guilliman was always going to be brought back seeing as the UM are poster boys. Considering the size of the factions, Russ or the Lion will be next imo.

• Sir_Flinty likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

As a self-diagnosed Salamanders superfan I'm.. okay with this I guess?

Every single component is fine, but perhaps not enough really stand out as being fantastic or super fun at first glance IMO (important disticntion here, might change with time).

The super doctrine is really fluffy and in laser focused lists it's probably pretty darn powerful. But I hope the +1 to hit within 12" from the french rumour is also a thing to further help meltas (and I guess every type of weapon basically) just a bit. As others have noted the current rules are not really geared towards primaris units, considering they don't even have meltas. Look, flamer aggressors are going to be pretty darn tasty but they basically have to ride in a repulsor since the range on them is not great and are as such fairly easy to avoid in my experience. The flamers on Invcitors are going to be seriously scary, assuming any of them last until T2. The intercessor hand flamer replaces the boltgun IIRC so that's a pretty useless upgrade for anything other than narrative I'd say.

That relic TH looks like great fun and if any primaris captain or even lieutenant could wield it I'd be ecstatic. In general their relics aren't that interesting I'd say mostly because they seem to have a knockoff Tome of Malcador, a relic combiflamer that I guess could be decent but is just a mastercrafted weapon with AP-1 (not bad, just a bit uninspired I think). The boltgun is RF1 I guess, that's good. The helm is basically just +1W since salamanders aren't really the chapter that screws with LD too much, and even the ones that do are too often hampered by ways of mitigating it (but that's another discussion). Although to be fair, they might be pushing a LD-debuff here? The sigil, thunderhammer and mantle are all primo stuff however, which is enough in the sense that there are good options here.

The Warlord Traits and revealed stratagems I like, I will say that. I'm not sure I see the utility of having the warlord auto-hit with an attack since they're already really good at what they do, but not everything is going to be a home-run. I'll have to see the exact wording at their psychic powers before giving any sort of real impressions on them because right now, I don't know what targets a single model or entire units not to mention any other restrictions..

I know the above text is sort all over the place but as someone playing almost exclusively primaris Salamanders it's tough to look at these "leaks" and not wonder where the redemptor with a thermal spear (equivalent) is. The omnis pattern melta-squad, thunderhammer HQ's, repulsors/ impulsors with either meltas or flamers. Don't get me wrong, if this is exactly what we end up getting then I'm absolutely fine with it but it does seem to be the most restrictive in terms of which specific models can benefit from it all, to me at least. 

I haven't really scoured the RG and IH reviews tat closely, but did they not recieve relic versions of the ancient standard? Both UM and WS did IIRC so I assumed everone would get one..

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Vulkan won't be coming back anytime soon. Money talks and the Sallies player base is miniscule across 40k and even 30k. That's not to say that other players wouldn't jump onboard if a model was released but Guilliman was always going to be brought back seeing as the UM are poster boys. Considering the size of the factions, Russ or the Lion will be next imo.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they're going to drop Vulkan (proper Vulkan) right now, or even before Russ or the Lion, just that at some point, maybe years from now, they will.

Consider for a moment how far ahead GW plan things. I'm not even talking the process of designing and sculpting models and all that, just the planning phase. If they've got plans for Vulkan, even if he comes after Russ and the Lion, let's consider that He'stan is going to give him (at least some of) his artefacts back. What would be the excuse to release a Primaris He'stan with some artefacts missing right now?

Because let's be honest here, there's no way on Terra that they'll stop with the Primarchs after Russ and the Lion. In fact I'd argue that after those two, Vulkan's the most likely candidate.

Edited by DeadFingers, 16 September 2019 - 01:07 PM.

• Panzer likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

I can confirm that all leaks are indeed true, the translation of it is what had me at odds but my source has sent me confirmation, here is an image of the Promethean Discipline to confirm it:

DbEngSQ.jpg

• Vanger, SickSix, Legionnaire of the VIIth and 4 others like this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

Cool, thanks Valrak!

So, to summarize; 

Flaming Blast: seems pretty mediocre, 24" range has its benefits but other than that really only does work against extreme castling and even then 1MW isn't much.

Fire Shield: Undeniably good. Only -1 to hit with ranged weapons but still. Close to auto-take.

Burning Hands: Pretty cool but affecting the psyker himself is pretty risky. Could be clutch but situational I'd say

Drakeskin: Entire unit!? Auto-take

Fury of Nocturne: Sort of a targetable smite. Pretty good.

Draconic Aspect: Might work in a reiver-filled army but I'm not a fan of LD-debuffs.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,054 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Awesome stuff. I wonder if all these leaks will prompt an early preview from GW.

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,376 posts

Crackpot theory: the reason they're not giving He'stan a new model, is becacause soon they'll reintroduce the real Vulkan and he'll be wearing his old relics, which would just be awkward for He'stan :P

Yeah, I'll see myself out.

• Hazon Dak'ir likes this

ALIENAGENUS_Iron Father Bahadur_FALSUS

ALIENAGENUS_Iron Father Bahadur_FALSUS
  • ALENAGENUS

Crackpot theory: the reason they're not giving He'stan a new model, is becacause soon they'll reintroduce the real Vulkan and he'll be wearing his old relics, which would just be awkward for He'stan :P

Yeah, I'll see myself out.

Not an awful idea, but I imagine the reason is far simpler.

Designer probably made a “cool primaris captain” render in salamanders heraldry. Team went Hrmm doesn’t look like Vulcan. Make it a new guy.
  • Disruptor_fe404, Pork Chop Express, Nocturne Noble and 3 others like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,112 posts
Burning hands is potentially VERY powerful.

Something like a Primaris Librarian with buffs could smack out a few mortal wounds easily.

You can't use a weapon to grant any extra buffs (you use a CCW profile) but any other way is valid.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,622 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Drakenskin is a great power, as is fire shield.
  • Subtleknife likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,064 posts

I'm sure someone will find a way to optimize the librarian's attacks to make Burning Hands really potent. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Stargate_wars

Stargate_wars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
  • Faction: Dragon Lords

I can confirm that all leaks are indeed true, the translation of it is what had me at odds but my source has sent me confirmation, here is an image of the Promethean Discipline to confirm it:DbEngSQ.jpg

I Still consider the Vulcan datasheet a fake due to the colour of the right side helmet being green with skull where in all datasheets from the supplements so far and codex that have a helmet on the right are all white with a wreath halo.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

I can confirm that all leaks are indeed true, the translation of it is what had me at odds but my source has sent me confirmation, here is an image of the Promethean Discipline to confirm it:

I Still consider the Vulcan datasheet a fake due to the colour of the right side helmet being green with skull where in all datasheets from the supplements so far and codex that have a helmet on the right are all white with a wreath halo.

Guy who sent me this said everything in the images is real, hes saw it with his own eyes.

Edited by LordValrak, 16 September 2019 - 03:06 PM.

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------

-----------

Hazon Dak'ir

Hazon Dak'ir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
  • Faction: Salamanders

Well, I'm sure if nothing else, the character model and the upgrade sprues for them should be really nice :) I'm glad they're finally getting these kinds of things at least, even if some of the rules seems a little "meh" overall, i'm happy. 

• Nocturne Noble likes this
"A Fire Will Rise"

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,983 posts
Huh. Valrak, get the point values will ya!! Also the image of agrax. Model is supposed to be really cool looking supposedly
banana

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,622 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Huh. Valrak, get the point values will ya!! Also the image of agrax. Model is supposed to be really cool looking supposedly

New guy is 140
Vulkan is 130

-~Ishagu~-

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,804 posts

Will do my best, I'm actually hoping GW drop something official since the leaks have hit.

• Vanger likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------

-----------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users