Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Supplement: Salamanders and Imperial Fists Leaks

• Please log in to reply
1403 replies to this topic

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,290 posts

Not really. There’s a thousand Space Marine Chapters at any given point, all using the same overall types of wargear. Some folks going “these guys like flamers, sort of reminds me of those Salamander dudes” doesn’t make them Salamander Successors. Which many Successors do he’s closer to their progenitor than not, there’s plenty of them that are just something else entirely.

Well, flamers and a flame motif.

Still indicates pretty much diddly squat. That kind of extreme pigeon-holing of Chapters based on such is a disservice to the background and the very core idea of the Astartes.
  • Gederas likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,774 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I agree with Wildweasel and obviously GW thinks so too or the +3" for flamer custom chapter tactic would be restricted to Salamander successors.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,083 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons

Not really. There’s a thousand Space Marine Chapters at any given point, all using the same overall types of wargear. Some folks going “these guys like flamers, sort of reminds me of those Salamander dudes” doesn’t make them Salamander Successors. Which many Successors do he’s closer to their progenitor than not, there’s plenty of them that are just something else entirely.

Well, flamers and a flame motif.

Still indicates pretty much diddly squat. That kind of extreme pigeon-holing of Chapters based on such is a disservice to the background and the very core idea of the Astartes.

I'm not disagreeing, I was just saying that the reminder of the Salamanders for the average citizen has more than "that's a lot of flamers".

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts
Had my first game with the Imperial fist rules against a craftworld eldar army. He had first turn and brackes two of my repulsor executioners, but I still took down his three crimson hunters in my shooting phase and my bolter marines killed all eldar infantry that was within LOS.

My primaris captain with thr fist of Terra relic dispatched Jain Zar without any issue.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users