Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Khorne Bomb Raptorial

World Eaters Khorne Host Raptorial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Papewaio

Papewaio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts

Nothing over-the-top competitive, but I've been itching to change up my usual WE lists (which is normally a Soulforged Pack filled with Blood Slaughterers + Bezerkers) and thought about going a little bit more horde.

CSM Battalion - World Eaters, Host Raptorial

Chaos Lord - jump pack, power fist, bolt pistol, Field Commander (The Tip of the Spear)

Chaos Lord - power sword, bolt pistol

10x Cultists

10x Cultists

10x Cultists

5x Warp Talons

5x Warp Talons

5x Havocs - 4x autocannons, flamer

5x Havocs - 4x chaincannons, flamer

Daemon Battalion

Daemon Prince - Wings, Skullreaver, Warlord (Oblivious to Pain)

Skullmaster - the Crimson Crown

20x Bloodletters - icon, instrument

20x Bloodletters - icon, instrument

10x Bloodletters

1500 points on the nose.

The general plan is to Banner of Blood both large Bloodletter squads and have them, the Talons and the jump Lord in Deep Strike. The foot Lord gives rerolls to the Havocs who are there to clear some screens or transports turn 1 (2 if they survive that long). Everything drops in around the jump lord/Skullmaster for the charge rerolls and strength bonus, and the Talons remove all overwatch.

A bit gimmicky, and could get shut down pretty easily, but hopefully fun? Thoughts?

we_badge_papewaio.png

QUOTE (Lady_Canoness @ Jun 25 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ride a blood-red go-kart into the thick of it, and leave the 'riding-down-a-bumpy-road-with-no-shocks-and-no-pants-on' to those pretty boys in pink!
Welcome to the World Eaters!

Jamesb_05

Jamesb_05

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
I’d make the warp talons one big unit so they can all benefit from the host raptorial re roll hit stratagem the turn they drop. The daemon characters will give them re roll charges so they’re pretty likely to get in... and they can fight again... pretty filthy tbf.

Personally I’d have both havoc squads with Autocannons/Heavy bolters for the range but the chaincannons still mash. Oh and I’d stick a thunder hammer on your jump lord and drop the crimson crown on the skullmaster in exchange for the talisman of burning blood so your lord can re roll charges when he drops.

I like it though, looks fun :)

EDIT: I’d also make your lord warlord so you get the charge bonus for the host raptorial warlord trait

Edited by Jamesb_05, 16 September 2019 - 10:38 AM.

• Papewaio likes this

Papewaio

Papewaio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 200 posts

I see what you mean about the Warp Talons, but my reasoning for them is to shut down overwatch so the Bloodletters can get stuck in - in my view two chances to charge and potential to tie up more units outweighs full re-rolls, which the jump lord and/or Daemon Prince will do half of anyway.

The thunder hammer is a really good point  - the points don't quite work, although if I swapped the chaincannons for autocannons there's potential. I'm still undecided on what exactly to equip the Havocs with, because they need to clear some board space well enough for all my deep strikers.

The jump lord already has the charge bonus! Definitely worth paying the CP for that, I just don't feel like the CSM relics have anything to offer me over the Daemon ones so a Daemon warlord is more economical. The Crimson Crown also affects *all* of my deep strikers, bar the lord, and he's mostly there to ensure the Warp Talons deny overwatch.

Chaincannons are nice, and they've got the rate of fire, but.... S5 isn't as much as I'd like. Maybe dual squads of autocannons and give thunder hammer to a lord?

we_badge_papewaio.png

QUOTE (Lady_Canoness @ Jun 25 2010, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ride a blood-red go-kart into the thick of it, and leave the 'riding-down-a-bumpy-road-with-no-shocks-and-no-pants-on' to those pretty boys in pink!
Welcome to the World Eaters!

Jamesb_05

Jamesb_05

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
If that’s the case (unless you already have the warp talon models), I’d use raptors instead. You can get 3 units for the price of two warp talons and if you shifted your points a bit could probably get some meltas on there as well.

Forgive me if I’m misunderstanding, but doesn’t your lord have to be the warlord to get the host raptorial trait of +2” charge? And even then, having the reroll charge from the talisman would be useful.

And yeah in my opinion the strength 5 and range of the chaincannon havocs only works if there’s a load of stuff advancing up the table faster than them. I’d give them autocannons, hide them on your first turn and screen with your cultists. If you’re opponent comes into your deployment first turn, you can drop some of your bomb unites to deal with them, and your havocs can move from behind cover and fire with no penalty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: World Eaters, Khorne, Host Raptorial

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users