Counter-Offensive and Revolting Stench

Rogue

Revolting Stench is the Death Guard / Foul Blightspawn rule which means that charging enemy units no longer get to automatically fight first, and instead have to be chosen to fight like any other unit.

In a recent game, my opponent wanted to use the Counter-Offensive stratagem (the one that lets you interrupt the fight sequence). The stratagem is used 'right after an enemy unit that charged has fought'. He reasoned that as all of my charging units had lost the right to fight first, he could then use the stratagem to fight first himself, as the stratagem would allow him to fight before any non-charging units. He's also seen it played this way in battle-reports.

I, on the other hand, reasoned that the stratagem can only be activated after a charging unit has fought, regardless of whether they have the right to fight first or not. Which means he still has to wait until at least one of my charging units has fought, and because it's my turn, I can still choose a unit to active first. the he can trigger the stratagem, although by that point it's kind of pointless, as it'll be his turn to fight anyway.

That's how we played it in the end, but I wondered if anyone else could be any more definitive on this one.     

If it's your turn and none of your units get to fight first anymore and none of the enemy units have rules that let them fight first it continues with the regular order of units fighting at the same time. Which means since it's your turn you get to pick the first unit to fight with, then your opponent, then you, then your opponent and so on. Counter-offensive doesn't change that so he can use it only after you've picked your first unit to fight with.