Belisarius Cawl: The Great Work

DukeLeto69

"it is widely believed that he is the oldest living Space Marine." Quoted from the GW website for Dante.

Of course widely believed doesn't mean it's fact either. But we have literally zero indications of exactly how old real time the various marines are.

I really won't bother going through everything GW has ever said when talked about Dante because their website is a mess when searching for something specific, however you can trust me that they always said that Dante is the oldest living Marine, not the oldest living loyal Marine. On the other side you have nothing except for your own assumptions to prove that this is not the case.

At the end of the day it's a take it or leave it situation. I can't convince you because I'm too lazy to spend hours on digging through everything GW has ever said somewhere but you also can't prove your own assumption.

The current and previous Blood Angels codices just say Dante is believed to be/is thought to be the oldest living Space Marine. They don’t say factually without a doubt that he is.

Also there is a distinction in terminology between Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines. Being factually or probably the oldest living Space Marine doesn’t preclude some Chaos Space Marines being older.

Edited by Robbienw

Two very old Space Marines? Yes, remarkably incomperable.

It's just one apple is literally in laboratory condition, barely used, the other is field-tested in a very extreme fashion.

Comparison between the two is very sensible, I think, if even only for suggesting you the difference being out of the lab makes on your sample.

There's the small detail of one being a psyker and one a vampire, but the psychic vampires and the non-psychic non-vampires seem to routinely die too, so I'm confident they're two credible cases to compare.

If you wanted to triangulate, use Bjorn as a third wheel, so to speak, and hope that being a robot werewolf doesn't confuse things.

Edited by Xisor