Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Raven Guard 2.2 - raptors (updated)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

superwill

superwill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts
Hey guys!

After there were a few glaring issues with my original list, I’ve gone back to the drawing board, and my thoughts have evolved to raptors.

Chapter tactics are +1 to charge and +3 to gun range.

—Battalion—

HQ
Lias Issodon w Master of Ambush WLT
Librarian in Phobos Armour w. Armour Indomitus, (0+ armour save in cover with a 3+ invuln available and -1 to hit should be fun) Mind Raid / Enveloping Darkness / Spectral Blade / Shadowstep

Troops
5 sniper scouts
5 sniper scouts
5 sniper scouts

Elites
6 Assault Centurions with flamers and hurricanes
10 VV w JPs, 5 TH and 10 SS
Invictor Tactical Warsuit w Twin Irontail Autocannon

Heavy Support
5 Centurion devastators w grav cannons and hurricane bolters

Flyer
Xiphon interceptor
Xiphon interceptor

Basically, snipers chill on objectives, xiphons stay back, everything else goes up using either Lias’ MoA or the strat, except the Invictor who does it for free. If going second we go 12” away and look for cover. Rather than send in one unit, send in all of them. VV will probably wait till turn two to bring the hammers once all the bubble wrap is cleared and the enemy is softened up.

Xiphons are a little glass cannon, but with the rest of my army right on their doorstep they’ll need to hold their nerve if they’re gonna focus the planes (who may even hide out of LoS)

When it’s my turn, everyone gets near Lias (both cents and both Xiphons who have flown up) to get CM rerolls. The assault cents use their 12d6 flamer shots and 72 bolters, and are hopefully within range of a worthy charge target (remember they’ll be at +2 to charge, and can use the strat to reroll charges against a single target). The grav cents do their hurricanes and use the grav strat to drop something at 27” away, then xiphons etc. Once all the shooting is done then it’s charge time.

If the opponent is holding a lot in reserve (or it’s a mission where we already know we are going second), we can use Lias’ ability to hold things in reserves. To keep the 50% ratio, we can combat squad the assault cents and then put lias, the VV, 3 assault cents and 5 grav cents in reserves.

Would love to know your thoughts! 😊

Edited by superwill, 20 September 2019 - 06:26 AM.

Noxnoctis22

Noxnoctis22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

Some issues I found while reading your post/list.

-Catechism of Fire only works against the closest enemy unit.

-Lt in Phobos Armour, Warlord with Master of the Vanguard will not help VV as it only works on PHOBOS units.

-The "grav-strat" does not give RR to hits, only to wounds and damage.

I have my own thoughts and ideas I've been stewing over for RG but nothing 100% hashed out to put to paper.

• superwill likes this

superwill

superwill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts

Awesome, thank you, I knew there would be a few misfires as there are a stack of new units I've not had any experience with. That's a real bummer about no +1 to charge for the VV (or the JP chappy). I just don't fancy going for a 9" re-rollable charge. A 50/50 that Shrike / VV / other DSing units will just sit in the open for a turn without ever hitting anything is just not a viable option I reckon. Even with an 8" charge (using the strat) it's almost a coin-flip, and I really don't like the sound of investing hundreds of points in a coin-flip.

Thanks for your pickups!

superwill

superwill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts
Updated with a whole new list!

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts

I like the idea of your list and think that it is really strong. The Xiphons are an inserting choice. I think they will work well with all the other forward pressure from your deep striking units. Your list has more shooting, and the flying assault element with the VV's is nice as well. 

I came up with something similar. 

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [114 PL, 2,000pts,  ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Hungry for Battle, Long-range Marksmen, Raptors, Raven Guard Successor

Relics of the Chapter (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Captain [6 PL, 103pts]: Chainsword, Jump Pack, Storm shield, Teeth of Terra, The Imperium's Sword, Warlord

Lias Issodon [10 PL, 195pts]

Librarian [6 PL, 116pts]: Boltgun, Force stave, Jump Pack, Reliquary of Gathalamor

Lieutenants [5 PL, 60pts]
. Lieutenant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

. 4x Intercessor

. 4x Intercessor

Scout Squad [4 PL, 55pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

. 4x Scout w/Boltgun

+ Elites +

Centurion Assault Squad [16 PL, 312pts]
. 6x Centurion: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers: 2x Flamer

Centurion Assault Squad [16 PL, 312pts]
. 6x Centurion: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers: 2x Flamer

Sternguard Veteran Squad [12 PL, 140pts]
.10x Space Marine Veteran: Special issue boltgun

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 74pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Camo cloak, Instigator Bolt Carbine
. 2x Eliminator with Bolt Sniper: 2x Bolt sniper rifle, 2x Camo cloak

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 74pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Camo cloak, Instigator Bolt Carbine

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Thunderfire Cannon [4 PL, 92pts]
. Techmarine Gunner
. . Servo-harness: Flamer, Plasma cutter

++ Total: [114 PL, -1CP, 2,000pts] ++

Edited by sultansean, 20 September 2019 - 03:52 AM.

• superwill likes this

superwill

superwill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 147 posts
Ooh, I really like it. Only thought would be that if you can throw 3 fast attack units in there (even 3 little tarantulas which are bargain cheap) you could make it a brigade. When you’re already so close I’d think that’s worth it for 7 CPs. Maybe either a character or an eliminator squad / TFC or even just a couple of cents?

Are you going bolt rifles or stalkers on the intercessors?

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
This is two battalions. So running a brigade would only add 2 cp. Which would be nice but I could also drop the sternguard for another smash captain and gain 1 cp for a spearhead.

I was thinking normal bolt rifles, but one unit of stalkers might be good.

The unit in least sure on is the sternguard and intercessors. I could drop the stern guard to buff up a unit if intercessors.

Do you think it would be unreasonable to make the captain a chapter master considering that I already have isodon?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)