Space Wolves Combat Doctrines: What Say You, Vlka?

Karack Blackstone

Yeah we do I like the scars rules but I've accepted I'm wolves player through and through.

One ideal I had for our "doctrines" would be a saga system. It would work like the successor rules where you pick two sagas and those would be your benefits and then units that were close to your warlord would gain additional benefits based on what you picked. It would represent the independence wolf lords have. Then I would give us more traditional warlord traits.

Granted if we get access to successor traits that may be too much to balance.

Blood angels got litanies according to leaks floating around... Now we have to see their angels of death rule if it got updated with doctrines and super doctrine... I personally think (if they are gonna get something) they will get the same thing as regular marines with the difference being the 'special rule' probably during assault doctrine. If this happens then wolves will probably go the same way... Edited by lonewolf81

Yeah BA gaining AoD makes me believe we're going to have combat doctrines. Combat doctrines mention the models in your army in the rules description, so it wouldn't play nice with alternate rule sets like what we've discussed here.

Edit: I missed the start of the rule of combat doctrines but I still think we'll all get it.

Edited by Black_Star

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my guess with my limited wolf brain. +1 to hit when charged, they charge or HI. +2" to charge range if they are assaulting a unit that was already successfully assaulted this turn.

Blood Angels took +1 Assault and +1 Advance. So... unless GW really doesn't might two chapters having the same bonus I don't think we'll get that. 

Though it could be something like this: All Space Marine Infantry are allowed to charge after advancing, if they charge after advancing add +2 to the charge role.

But it could also be something like this: If an enemy falls back during their turn you can make a charge roll to attempt to lock that enemy back in combat

or maybe this?

If an enemy falls back during their turn every model considered in melee with that unit can make one attack against that unit that is falling back.

Edited by Aothaine

Probably closer to Wishlisting than a guess but -

Ragnar Blackmane goes Reaver style with Grav Chutes and Grappling Hook.

Ragnar’s Claws - If an enemy unit tries to leave combat within 6” of Ragnar then FRIENDLY SPACE WOLF REAVERS within 12’ of Ragnar may attempt to prevent them. Ragnar and each Reaver may fire a single grappling hook using BS in an attempt to stop the departing unit from leaving. If the number of successful hit rolls is greater than the number of models in the enemy unit then the unit fails to leave and remains in combat.

Edited by Wishful Thinker

“Though it could be something like this: All Space Marine Infantry are allowed to charge after advancing, if they charge after advancing add +2 to the charge role.”

I love this idea. This may be more of a chapter tactic addition like their +1 advance and charge and not a combat doctrine.

Man I hope we are not disappointed come March...