Repulsor vs impulsor

WickedJester1013

gallery_101673_15739_355052.jpeg

Slightly weird question, I'm but planning a conversion from seeing your Impulsor and deciding they actually are very nice when not in blue. How wide is the recessed bit at the front (between what on a more conventional tank would be the tracks)?

I really want someone to paint an Impuslor up as an ambulance. That would be absolutely amazing. I probably couldn't being myself to shoot at it in games, on principle...

Would that idea have any merit? Could you bring a pair of apothecaries, and/or maybe a strong melee character (Pri Chaplain w the relic of holy head hitting) or bodyguard unit of auto Intercessors (assuming a single apothecary) to help clear out the enemy problem? It might be nice even as an objective holder...

Considering the Apothecaries of my mates Grey Knights army have some of the best killcounts in our group ... I definitely wouldn't hesitate shooting an ambulance vehicle in my opponents army. :D

I had planned eventually on buying one for each squad of Intercessors and the command "squad" (Primaris Captain, Primaris Chaplain, Primaris Lieutenants, Primaris Librarian, and Primaris Apothecary) for a total of five because I figured they'd be around $50 each, but now they are $75 each I'll maybe buy one or two. Yeah, I know I would have spent $250 on these if they'd been $50 and now I'm looking at only spending $75-150, but it's the psychological barrier: I'm less likely to spend more than $60 for any one item just because I have a wife whom would get upset if I spend too much on my hobby.

£45?!!!! Look at the size of it! They've lost their minds. £35 is more like it.

https://www.triplehelixwargames.co.uk/product/space-marines-primaris-impulsor/

You kinda choose whether to pay more than £35 for it.

Willfully ignorant reply. Always compare MSRP with GW stuff.  Discounts vary by region, but are always based on MSRP.

Willfully ignorant reply. Always compare MSRP with GW stuff.  Discounts vary by region, but are always based on MSRP.

Actually relevant reply - the comment I was responding to was about the GBP price.

Nobody in the UK pays MSRP unless as a choice. Someone thought £35 would be a more fair price for the model, I posted where they could buy it for a little under £35.

Actually relevant reply - the comment I was responding to was about the GBP price.

Nobody in the UK pays MSRP unless as a choice. Someone thought £35 would be a more fair price for the model, I posted where they could buy it for a little under £35.

Yeah but you can't justify the original price with a discount someone else gives. The original price doesn't magically become okay that way. All it means is that the discount you'd otherwise get if the price were okay is now gone.

I'm honestly bummed with the pricing as well, here in the US that thing is $75. Which isnt a lot but for just $5 more I can buy a repulsor which has nearly double the capacity and double the weapons, yeah it's a lot more points but I dont understand how the prices translate so poorly

Willfully ignorant reply. Always compare MSRP with GW stuff. Discounts vary by region, but are always based on MSRP.

Yeah but you can't justify the original price with a discount someone else gives. The original price doesn't magically become okay that way. All it means is that the discount you'd otherwise get if the price were okay is now gone.

That's one way to look at it. Sounds more like you've an axe to grind and no amount of help providing cheaper avenues matters here.

I'm not one to get in the way of a good tantrum, so please continue :D

Willfully ignorant reply. Always compare MSRP with GW stuff. Discounts vary by region, but are always based on MSRP.

That's one way to look at it. Sounds more like you've an axe to grind and no amount of help providing cheaper avenues matters here.

I'm not one to get in the way of a good tantrum, so please continue :biggrin.:

Nah, I was just making a statement. I'm not one of those who complain about the price.

gallery_101673_15739_355052.jpeg

Slightly weird question, I'm but planning a conversion from seeing your Impulsor and deciding they actually are very nice when not in blue. How wide is the recessed bit at the front (between what on a more conventional tank would be the tracks)?

can you send me details of what you need via PM ? thanks

Seeing more images, the more I am firmly believing I would like the model more if it were a tread based tank, not grav.

The Impulsor could of gotten away with it if the rest of the primaris tanks weren't also grav.

It's just another Rhino with bolt ons at that point.

I personally love the hover tanks. They look really great on the tabletop.