Index Traitoris: Oblivion Hunters (Updated 11/21/19)

Aothaine

Good to see you have focus and a clear idea of what you want this army to be. The "everything AND the kitchen sink" is a problem I see in many IAs- hell, I see them in Games Workshop's canon! (Glares at Matt Ward.)

Yeah they need to be limited. Originally they were just designed after the list. So it was about 30ish bikers. But I know that if I want to build other Chaos units, which I do, then I'll need to expand the force out more. I know I want them to have at least three Predators with Quad Las-cannons, that Thunderhammer Chaos-lord(3 of these) and three units of Thunderhammer Chosen for sure. I imagine that the areas they cannot take their bikes they might dismount occasionally or take Rhinos to assault with sometimes. But since I will be going this route I'm going to have to change some things. :/ Decisions need to be made. I am horrible at making decisions lol!

Good to see you have focus and a clear idea of what you want this army to be. The "everything AND the kitchen sink" is a problem I see in many IAs- hell, I see them in Games Workshop's canon! (Glares at Matt Ward.)

Yeah they need to be limited. Originally they were just designed after the list. So it was about 30ish bikers. But I know that if 

I don't think you need to worry about the finer details right away - nobody starts with a completed article after all :tongue.: Maybe so long as one survives the company can revive or something? Or perhaps not even that matters, no matter what Khorne will bring them back to continue the hunt. You can hammer this out later and work on other bits in the meantime, plus the other bits might give you an idea to help :smile.:

Writing articles takes time and effort so I think it's a good idea to switch it up and keep things fresh, as well as avoid stalling if a particular avenue hits a bit of a wall. So I'd suggest working on how you want to include the other non-biker elements in the future (especially as it's best not to have to return and rewrite large chunks). It could be that they build momentum and new members join their cause so what started as a biker hunt gradually morphs into a dark crusade?

It's normal to change bits, articles and armies evolve from inception. Maybe to expand the army the horn ends up losing the portal bit, or perhaps isn't their primary method of transport? The bikers could use it as a flanking method once the other forces of the hunt engage the enemy? There's a lot you can do while keeping the core theme bits, it's up to you how :smile.:

I don't think you need to worry about the finer details right away - nobody starts with a completed article after all :tongue.: Maybe so long as one survives the company can revive or something? Or perhaps not even that matters, no matter what Khorne will bring them back to continue the hunt. You can hammer this out later and work on other bits in the meantime, plus the other bits might give you an idea to help :smile.:

Writing articles takes time and effort so I think it's a good idea to switch it up and keep things fresh, as well as avoid stalling if a particular avenue hits a bit of a wall. So I'd suggest working on how you want to include the other non-biker elements in the future (especially as it's best not to have to return and rewrite large chunks). It could be that they build momentum and new members join their cause so what started as a biker hunt gradually morphs into a dark crusade?

It's normal to change bits, articles and armies evolve from inception. Maybe to expand the army the horn ends up losing the portal bit, or perhaps isn't their primary method of transport? The bikers could use it as a flanking method once the other forces of the hunt engage the enemy? There's a lot you can do while keeping the core theme bits, it's up to you how :smile.:

Ohhh man really good points here thank you! Really like the idea of the horn acting as more of a deep strike type device allowing them to flank with the bikes and having people start to join them and it starting out as an all biker force. Thank you very much for the ideas. I'll for sure be done by 10/31/2019 and it will be ready when the date comes to pass. Things are starting to piece together really nicely here. Yeah I like the original idea of Khorne just bringing them back to life. Maybe it only happens with the bikers because the bikers have formed pacts with bloodletters? Might be interesting to kit bash some of the bloodletter swords on the the marines as well when I finally start building these boys. 

Regardless, thank you for the ideas! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been super sick for about 9 days now. I'll be working on this and trying to get this completed by the due date of the 31st. Just wanted to give a little update. Getting the creative is difficult when I'm sick. :/

Maybe it'd help if you changed their allegiance to Nurgle? :wink:

What? What?!?!? You sir are not allowed back in this thread! Lol!

Just found out my painting challenge isn't due until Nov 11th. I have plenty of time to work on my Oblivion Hunters now. :D I'll have this done up in time.

• 7 months later...