Hey there you Gitz!
after my failing during my first ETL, I want to redeem myself during the currently running DA WAAAGH. Although some other Bosses and myself discuessed a little bit about a possible Ork-Event after ETL, Captain Semper beat us to it and created da Waaagh.
Still, I think there is a very important part of the Ork life missing in this event: Building/Conversions.
I personally prefer building stuff instead of painting it (which might be the reason for my huge backlog). And as any Ork player/Mek might know, you can build anything because it will work out... eventually.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with hosting an event, so I am open to criticism and suggestions. I thought it would be nice to inspire the participants of Da Waaagh to go the extra mile and build the units they want to vow for the painting event and compete with other aspiring Mekboys. Here are my suggestions:
Start date: Orktober 1st, 2019
End date: Nobvember 30th, 2019
Participants may enter any time.
- The entries must be supported by the W40k Ork faction on the B&C. (so everything Orky from GW and FW - except AI. Fortifications and Looted Knights/Titans are the only exception, although they won't be eligible for the Waaagh)
- You must start by making one vow with at least one game-legal unit. There is no limit to the number of units per vow or how many vows you make, but the vows must be sequential. You must complete a vow before you start the next one. Be careful to complete your vows. If any of your vows fail, you will be an Oiler Grot who bit off more than he can chew.
- You must provide evidence of progress. So a "before" and "after" picture for each unit pledged. WIP pics are welcomed and encouraged.
- Scratch building is allowed, but be sure to keep the right dimensions and stay true to WYSIWYG! A Morkanaut count-as-Stompa is still no proba Stompa!
As mentioned above, each uprising Mek/participant is required to make a binding vow. Please use the standard format below or any other similar format that will contain the vital information:
I [enter your name] will join da Mekboy Workshop and vow to complete [enter number and details of units] before Nobvember 30th 2019. If I do so successfully, I will receive the rank I deserve in the Mekboy Workshop and continue to bild stuff for the Waaagh. If I fail, I'll prove I'm a lowly Oiler Grot!
Once a vow is posted, there is no going back. If you fail, no matter the reason, you will be labled as an Oiler Grot.
All of you who successfully complete their pledged vows in time, will be awarded the appropriate rank (possible Badges in the link):
1 Ork Unit: Burna
2-3 Ork Units: Mekboy
4 Ork Units: Big Mek
5+ Ork Units: Mega Big Mek
And for the best conversion/scratch build in the vowed units, there will be an extra reward: The Mad Mek!
The title of best conversion will be awarded to the finished conversion with the most likes.
While highly encouraged, you do not need to paint/vow the units you pledged in the Mekboy Workshop for the Waaagh!. This event exists to inspire you to build new Ork units and challenges you to an even higher level of conversion, befitting a Mekboy.
If anyone want to provide better badges, just PM me... these are the first ones I made.
@Captain Semper: Sorry for hijacking your event! If you have any suggestions how to integrate these two events together (or anything else), just message me.
So get to your drafting tables and plan your creations, before Orktober starts! Until then, you can discuss your plans in this thread.
List of participants (alphabetical order)
- 1 unit of 5 Stormboyz (Vow complete)
- 1 Dakkajet (Failed)
- 1 Battlewagon with Supa Kannon (Vow 1 complete)
- 1 unit of Grot Tanks (Vow 1 complete)
- 1 Warboss on Bike (Vow 1 complete)
- 1 unit of Grots (Vow 2 complete)
- 1 Mega Grot Tank (Vow 2 complete)
- 1 Gorkanaut (Vow 2 complete)
- 1 Unit of 10 Nobz (Vow complete)
Edited by DeRome90, 02 December 2019 - 11:22 AM.