Chaos Daemon Wishlisting

DeStinyFiSh

Hey fellow friends of the warp.

With Psychic Awakening on its way and the promis of new rules for every faction I am curriours to see what others wish for Chaos Daemons. Here is my wishlist:

- The Codex as it stands now favours Mono God armys from a rule point of view (Loci, auras and psychic only helping same god units). While cool and fluffy, every single god is very one. dimensional. I think it is neccessary to make a change here. Especially Khorne and Slaanesh rely on their loci, which means you need extra detachments for each of them which resticts you when list building.

- I want some medium sized Daemons to use as distraction Fexes. Greater Daemons die to easy because there is not much else in our army to shoot at with anti tank weapons. Spamming Greater Daemons is to expensive. So some more monsters between 120 - 180 points might help here.

- We need new / better psychic powers! We are made of pure energy, but as it looks now every faction that is able to cast does it better than we do. When looking at Slaanesh and Tzeentch a lot of spells seem to hard to cast for what you get out of them.

- Same for Stratagems. It just feels wrong to pay 2 CP at the beginning of the shooting phase for a better save when every other faction can decide when a unit is shot at. Same goes for the Nurgle reroll FnP of 1 is just to expensive for 2 CP.

- Nurgle and Slaanesh both have a nice pool of HQs now giving different benefits. I want the same for Khorne and Tzeentch, not just the +1S Herald on different mounts.

- When talking about Heralds: I want Heralds on Seekers back. Epitome is nice, but expensive, so we need something else that is able to keep up with Seekers and Charriots.

- And of course a rework of the summoning mechanics (maybe the splitting of Horrors as well). There should be something unique about Daemons that works better in game.

All in all I still love playing with Daemons and I am happy to further expanding my army, but at the moment I think mono Daemons are not strong enough to stand their ground. Psychic Awakening is supposed to be a big thing, so maybe here is a chance to get them reworked.

Daemons do have mid tier units like the Khorne, Slaanesh and Tzeentch chariots and Soul Grinders.

Beasts of nurgle could go up to a 8 wound 80 point model since the kit is too expensive for anyone to buy them as a unit.

Mono-daemons are pretty high tier, the best chaos soup is 90% daemons with allied Thousand Sons stuff that daemons can duplicate anyway.

Its the balanced list with a mix of monsters, chariots and cavalry backed up by under 100 infantry that doesn't work. You can't fix that with formations so I'd suggest stratagems would be the 8th ed way to do it. The synergies in the daemon book are too character based. Move the khorne charge buff to Flesh Hounds so they can be the hunting dogs selecting the pray or something like that so you have a reason to not just be more infantry.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Daemons do have mid tier units like the Khorne, Slaanesh and Tzeentch chariots and Soul Grinders.

Beasts of nurgle could go up to a 8 wound 80 point model since the kit is too expensive for anyone to buy them as a unit.

Mono-daemons are pretty high tier, the best chaos soup is 90% daemons with allied Thousand Sons stuff that daemons can duplicate anyway.

Its the balanced list with a mix of monsters, chariots and cavalry backed up by under 100 infantry that doesn't work. You can't fix that with formations so I'd suggest stratagems would be the 8th ed way to do it. The synergies in the daemon book are too character based. Move the khorne charge buff to Flesh Hounds so they can be the hunting dogs selecting the pray or something like that so you have a reason to not just be more infantry.

Agreed, there are some mid tier untis, but lets be honest, Sould Grinders are not worth taking at all and the chariots are either to slow (Khorne) or to fragile (Slaanesh). Tzeentch might do the trick, not sure. But no one will aim his anti tank weapons at a chariot when there is a Greater Daemon standing next to it. Something more durable / threatable is needed to get some kind of target saturation.

Beasts of Nurgle seem fine to me rule wise, don't care about the price since I can always use models from other suppliers :wink:

And again agreed, you see a lot of Daemons in Chaos Soup armys, but it is always the same stuff you see. Plaguebearers & Nuglings with Herald support, maybe a Bloodletter Bomb and Daemon Princes. These 5 units perform exceptionally well, but that is not an indicator for a functional Codex imho.

That aside I think everyone has a different view on things, depending on how competative you want to play 40k. I guess there are some players that are very happy to field a solid list with just a few units to choose from. I would prefere to have a wider variety of units that do some work. At the moment the whole setup of the Codex does not work very well, at least in my oppinion.