Thoughts on Grey Knights and the future

Ichar

I don't think that GK need primaris personally. They need something similar to doctrines and need to have more freedom with psychic powers imho, access to blend psychic disciplines. Maybe just give them all +1W and call it. These guys are supposed to be hyper disciplined. Not quite Custodian level but nothing in the imperium with the exceptions of primarichs and the emperor are that damned good. 

I didn't mean it as primaris for the sake of primaris, more like A ) updated, knightly champion models with proper anatomy, B ) release plugging big gap in GK lineup, C ) boost to Champion statline they really need (with perhaps dueling rules SM champions got on top) in one. I'd gladly pay primaris price for that.

I didn't mean it as primaris for the sake of primaris, more like A ) updated, knightly champion models with proper anatomy, B ) release plugging big gap in GK lineup, C ) boost to Champion statline they really need (with perhaps dueling rules SM champions got on top) in one. I'd gladly pay primaris price for that.

Fair enough. :D I would like all the armies to be brought in line with the primaris line as well. It will just take some time. Been in the hobby since 1993. I'm patient. :D

I don't think that GK need primaris personally. They need something similar to doctrines and need to have more freedom with psychic powers imho, access to blend psychic disciplines. Maybe just give them all +1W and call it. These guys are supposed to be hyper disciplined. Not quite Custodian level but nothing in the imperium with the exceptions of primarichs and the emperor are that damned good.

I know that “Aegis of the Emperor” is a Custodes thing, but I always thought it was fitting for the Grey Knights as well (Emperors geneseed and all that). That and an extra wound would make them much more survivable, which would be a huge boost. Too much of a boost or possibly make them on par with the primaris marines, which I don’t see is getting for some time, if ever.