What rules updates would you like to see?

Kaldoth

Can't argue with a lot being said here. I would like more distinction between canoptek vs. necron. Necron has Resurrection. I would like to see canoptek units have living metal. Healing to some capacity. 

Would really like some units to fit the fluff that describes them in the codex. For example....tomb spyders are said to help manage other canoptek units and do better in units of 3 where the data load is being combined to make a super computer. So what if spyders had some sort of aura effect on other canoptek models and it wold be enhanced in units of 3. Would make spyders more popular. 

Doesn't it bother anyone else that the scarab hive on the spyder model are these itty bitty little bugs vs. the bigger scarab models?  Doesn't feel like they should be the same scarab type. 

Would also like to see another narrative reflection....where scarabs can replicate by themselves depending on how many models they kill/eat. Not needing tomb spyders anymore. And the whole spyder/hive thing could be a ranged attack/repair bonus.

Would also like having scarabs have more of a "bite" in combat. 

Heard a very very salty rumor from a GW rep.....like I said, take it with a planet worth of salt. But perhaps maybe not seeing a pariah squad....but a Pariah singular model. A new HQ or Elite. 

Edited by Ahzek451

Oh lord, where to begin....?

Make the gauss flayer more effective. It's supposed to be an awesome weapon, it used to be a tank buster! Now it's weaker or no better than a lot of mainstream infantry weapons. Make it better, give it a focused fire rule thswt let's it score MW on a single target if a number ofmnthem are fired at it or something else like a variable setting mode thst let's it fire as an assault, rapid fire or heavy weapon.

Let the annihilation barge take weapons asides from that tesla destructor. Heavy gauss cannons, maybe a death ray or heat ray.

Give spyders more versatility as support units and make them harder to kill. Maybe let them have the same save as a wraith or just make them characters.

New scarab rules. Let scarabs shield units as wel as tau drones do, necrons are supposed to have the most advanced tech in the galaxy, let their scarabs do some useful things. Give scarabs a shield option for a 5++ save and let them be assigned to take hits for units.

Maybe make deny the witch standard on c'tan.

Make the monolith useful again! Some special rules for saves or maybe an invulnerable save if it doesn't move as it diverts power to a shield. Make it's self repair d3 as standard.

Give some grenade options for necrons warriors and immortals. At least one option for warriors.

New units, maybe new scarabs, shield scarabs, maybe shadow scarabs that generate a shadow field that gives cover save, whatever.

Heard a very very salty rumor from a GW rep.....like I said, take it with a planet worth of salt. But perhaps maybe not seeing a pariah squad....but a Pariah singular model. A new HQ or Elite.

If pariahs don't come back I'd honestly be thrilled with this. Our HQ diversity is lacking IMO, and our anti Psyker more than definitely. If we had a culexis type character but beefy instead of hard to hit I'd be over the moon, so long as we get better access to gloom prisms too. It also would mean the possible return of some oldcron fluff and the Pariah gene