Legio WAAAAGH!

bas_2312

So first of all, I need to say I'm sorry to all of you faithfull Imperials.

I love this game, but there are not enought Orks.

My summer project this year was build up a nice little Titanicus Legion, and that was way too much fun. But I felt like these mini-scaled mega-bots needed some Orks to battle. So I started to Ebay my way to some classic mini's to build my very own mini-WAAAGH!

This is the start, two Reavers.

z9Ahn5b.jpg

I'm working on two Warhound and a Warlord to match these friends and to mirror my Titanicus Legion.

Hope you guys like these :)

nice work, these old things actually hold up pretty well all things considered, the newer bits you've added to spice and scale them up don't look to out of place, especially once you painted them.

I've also been thining of buying up some old Epic Ork stuff, as it's likely inevitable that Xenos Titans will happen in the future, and the ramshackle nature of Ork construction and engineering means that it'll be far easier to pass off those old models as exceptable part of a WAAAGH along side whatever new kits they might get in the future then with any other faction.

here's hoping for a lucky coincidence that these guys will fit right in to those future rules once we finally get them.

Edited by RipOffProductions

These are excellent conversions and it looks like you've got the scale right.

Funny to see how the scale has changed though. Mega gargants were really massive things once upon a time. Now they have to be seriously (and skillfully) enlarged to be a reaver.

You might want to see about the gorka/morkanaught for your warlord. I'm not certain but I think the scale would be roughly right. You'd probably have to do some pretty major work on it, likely replacing the whole front so it didn't look like two big doors. It's not one of my favourite kits though to be honest - you'd have to do a lot of work and maybe you'd be better off starting elsewhere.

Based on what we've seen so far, it looks like the result will be good, whatever you do. Good luck.

These are excellent conversions and it looks like you've got the scale right.

Funny to see how the scale has changed though. Mega gargants were really massive things once upon a time. Now they have to be seriously (and skillfully) enlarged to be a reaver.

You might want to see about the gorka/morkanaught for your warlord. I'm not certain but I think the scale would be roughly right. You'd probably have to do some pretty major work on it, likely replacing the whole front so it didn't look like two big doors. It's not one of my favourite kits though to be honest - you'd have to do a lot of work and maybe you'd be better off starting elsewhere.

Based on what we've seen so far, it looks like the result will be good, whatever you do. Good luck.

Haha, great minds think alike. I bought a cheap Gorkanaut to use as a base, but it's pretty bulky. So the scratchbuilding has started...