Corax Command 2019 Painting Event

Dracos

Hey guys,

Welcome to Corax Command 2019. A Raven Guard painting event to celebrate our new Supplement and the arrival of Primaris Shrike.This first post is going to be a bit of a rush, but I wanted to get the ball rolling today with the release of our at the local game stores.

Rules are simple. Basically the ETL set up.

1) From this point forward Vow any one HQ or your choice. You may Vow multiple times but an unfinished Vow at the end of the event forfeits all models eligibility for voting at the end of the event.

2) We need a before picture of an umpainted model. Model may be primered (primer paints count) on or off the sprue. And of course a picture of the completed figure by the end of the event.

3) At the end of the event I will ask a Mod to make a poll or I'll tally the events via PM. I will quickly open a 72 hour window to vote after the deadlines passes.

4) The event will close October 31st Pacific time zone (US).

5) Our Forum Champion will win a Terminator and old school Chaplain from my pile Firstborn metal pile of shame :smile.:

med_gallery_7985_14167_125544.jpg

Updated List of Participants

• Archon_77
  • war009
  • Xenohammer
  • duz_
  • SkimaskMohawk
  • Seriade
  • 9x19 Parabellum
  • MajorNese
  • Kouran
  • Frostbit3
  • Dracos
  • golddeltafoxtrot
  • Brother Lias
  • longjohnsilver
  • Hiroitchi

I am looking forward to seeing how each of us are picturing our HQs operating with the new rules, and excited to see the more adventurous conversions our modelers will try using the new Shrike model. I actually might be converting one of the Eliminators into a Lias Issodon for my Warhawks.

Honor Badge for the event
gallery_48988_6285_13120.png

Any questions please feel free to ask here or via PM.

Edited by Dracos

Nice, I will hopefully be able to vow on eof the Finecast HQ's I've got, I'll see how long it takes me to get them cleaned up.

Also, I'll add to the Prize Pool. I've got a mix of: DW RG shoulder pads, FW RG shoulder pads, and FW RG torsos. Also one Anvil Winged helm because it fell out of the bunch I mailed to Dracos :sweat:

FbH962Dh.jpg

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Once my Shrike shows up (hopefully tomorrow) I shall make my vow! :thumbsup:

War you know you want to! It's just one little HQ :wink:

I do actually.......probably a shadowspear  hq model....not sure which one

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Once my Shrike shows up (hopefully tomorrow) I shall make my vow! :thumbsup:

War you know you want to! It's just one little HQ :wink:

I do actually.......probably a shadowspear  hq model....not sure which one

I got all of mine painted up and they were a lot of fun. I think the Libby is the easiest to paint because it's mostly cloak.

The LT and the Captain are both about the same amount of work from a hobby perspective.

Also just a disclaimer that if I end up participating and winning I'll give my offered bits to second place or people's choice or whatever we call it.

Here is my entry!  New Shrike, somewhat modified.. Not sure why the left pauldron seems so grainy.. probably my potato camera phone.  It's NOT badly primed, I promise ; )

l2PRv8i.jpg

Edited by Archon_77

Ok I’ll enter....it’s one model...I can’t fail this one.....:eyeroll:

Shadowspear Phobos Librarian soon to be painted in Raptors Colors

gallery_26778_13981_316899.jpeg

Edited by war009

I see everyone's Shrike and raise them a Phobos Lieutenant.

1027691-.jpg

Gave them Dark Fury pads, replaced the Lieutenant head, chopped Shrike's base since I liked Archon's so much and trimmed off all the feathers and stuff. Also ditched his helmet since it doesn't make sense when he's wearing an omnis half-helm.

I see everyone's Shrike and raise them a Phobos Lieutenant.

I see your Phobos Lieutenant and raise a Phobos Lieutenant with Ex Tenebris.

aimg_8883wpkmt.jpg

I might end up doing a Shrike too, but that's not too high on my priority list. Armies on Parade first, then back to Raptors...or AdMech...or my IH successor. Or all of them, each for a limited time every once in a while.

Also just a disclaimer that if I end up participating and winning I'll give my offered bits to second place or people's choice or whatever we call it.

Same here. My Mountain of Shame has grown so much already, it's listed as a local tourist attraction... :sweat:

Excellent work, 9x19 Parabellum.

Thanks Bjorn!

Update now. Almost done. I painted the ruined bulwark a sandstone kind of color to break up the monotone grey/black of RG color palettes.

I also accidentally broke the raven feather of his pistol...grrrrr!!! (nothing super glue can't handle just feels very amateur)

gallery_95196_15095_325138.jpg

gallery_95196_15095_584956.jpg

That sandstone wall idea is excellent. Stealing that, if you don't mind! My RG bases are all desert themed and those with them have desert pattern camo cloaks, so it will fit right in.

Got pics posted anywhere? I’m going to work toward a desert tundra set of bases after everything is painted. Always good to seek there take on basing. Totally underrated portion of pinting minis

Unrelated Note: I’m with Duz_ those grenade launchers are too much. If he was popping smoke I could go for it but they just look like they’d catch on something while sneaking around lol

Edited by Dracos