Corax Command 2019 Painting Event

Dracos

Yup, one day we should get an AZ meetup going. I'd be willing do drive up to the southern burbs of PHX.

An another note, this is the etch I have. Tell me what bit you want and PM me your address and I'll mail it up to you on Friday.

http://www.evil-games-shop.de/WebRoot/Store15/Shops/78108884/5658/4213/8648/AC29/A61F/C0A8/2ABB/03FC/99610101019_RavenGuardBrassEtch.jpg

Shrike looks so much better with his arm down. What are you doing for the backpack?

I tried doing an extended arm with a Custodes pistol, but the latter didn't work well.

As backpack, he'll get a regular jump pack. I've already got one painted and magnetized for oldmarines, so I'll glue it on this guy when he's painted. The original one might be better than the suppressors', but not good enough in my eyes. Not for such a boss.

Great looking painting event!

Nice entries so far everybody!

My name is longjohnsilver and I have an SM Captain problem..

Hidden Content

oLZKJXd.jpg

.. This isn't even half of them. Note the milliput body on the floor.

But despite all that I'll pledge a chaplain as it's basecoated at least - the weather isn't very good for primer at the moment.

AUDyZsA.jpg

I longjohnsilver vow to finish a Chaplain by the 28th October for the glory of the Ravenspire.

Nice combo of old and new Major.

We are up to an even dozen with longjohnsilver joining the us at Corax Command. Spread the word :)

I'm going to see if I can find someone to make a Badge for all the event participants. I squeeked out the banner but hoping to find a more experienced artist for the badge :D

Gonna call him done and move on to the next model.  I think i'm developing early onset dementia or something.  Couldn't find my other grass tufts either.  If I come across them his base will get a little more color.  I ended up stealing the bird skull from Korvydae for the chest.  For my first time actually using a press mold it turned out fine.  When not magnified in a photo it passes as being a part of the sculpt.  The army he is going with is quartered black and yellow.  I ended up quartering the storm bolter to make him fit in a bit while still being all black.  I can't remember ever seeing a quartered storm bolter but I think it turned out interesting.    Trying to take a good picture made me realize I don't know what i'm doing with photography, but here he is haha

qcLzp5F.jpg
aSf5ADL.jpg
Edited by Frostbit3

Can't figure out why the images are displaying so small.  I think it's more bothering me that I can't figure it out rather than they are small, but anyone know?

edit:  figured it out.

Edited by Frostbit3