Corax Command 2019 Painting Event

Dracos

Ooh that's a nice pair of Shrikes, duz. The classic is obviously slightly cooler :wink:

It’s you! You are the guy he keeps making all the damn captains for. Mystery solved.

You mean the lieutenants? I have none of those; my army is historical M39, so we only get veteran sgts and captains.

Found one of my skullz captins. The one you had to buy the first one just to get the rights to buy the second one...

Nice chappie by the way!

Honor Badge for those completing their pledge. I really want this one :Dgallery_48988_6285_13120.png

So that means I get to wear it now right? :D

Gonna have to find room in my sig :ermm:

I was wondering the same thing. I made 2 more HQ choices and wondering if that’ll affect my vow hmmm

Finally finished my first model for the event, my Phobos "Captain":

1029888-.jpg

1029890-.jpg1029889-.jpg1029885-.jpg1029886-.jpg

Great model to paint due to the range of motion in the sculpt. I'm really not a fan of the original head, as I feel that pose should really be backed up by a good expression; it makes the impending murder feel a lot more personal. Speaking of the face, I'm very pleased with how it turned out and basically matched my profile pic's skin tone from about a year ago. Very hard to photograph properly though. Also happy with how the texture on the leather photographed, though the details on his shoulder pad and knife were washed out a bit and can only really be seen in the top down shot with the purity seal.

Only thing I might have to add to the model/base is a bit of blood, as they are in the middle of an urban war zone. And now that I think about it, some wear and tear by the lower exhaust ports too.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Really like the korvydae conversion; it has enough elements of the original model to make it obviously him, as well as incorporating the deathwatch stuff from his penance. Shame how they axed his rules for 8th but made rules for characters with no models; I remember him making assault marines actually useful in 6th where they could score and have hit and run.

Also big thanks for the compliments.

I, golfdeltafoxtrot, for the honour of the 10th Company of the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one Phobos Lieutenant with master-crafted occulus bolt carbine and paired combat blades by 31st October.

Victoris aut Mortis!

gallery_103206_14222_120608.jpg

gallery_103206_14222_115046.jpg

Edited by golfdeltafoxtrot