Corax Command 2019 Painting Event

Dracos

And with this, my vow is complete!   I had a MAJOR emergency last night on the helm and had to literally decapitate him, soak overnight in Simple Green and REPAINT in the past four hours.  Don't judge my base too much, I haven't decided on a basing scheme so I left it grey.

guSX677m.jpg5J0IvWpm.jpgC3auVPrm.jpgjAqUikrm.jpg

Edited by Archon_77

Hopefully finishing the Chappie off when I get off work today. 

Asking for help: I know one of you guys has a Shapeways (?) stormshield shaped like a Raven Guard icon. Who is it and can I get a link. I'm probably buying the Sallie character just to get his Thunder Hammer for my Smash Captain (using an "extra" Inceptor as the body and jump pack) I might as well spring for a fancy shield while I'm at it.

Thanks Duz. Ouch. Wow I like those but kinda pricey since I only need one. I guess I’ll look at some bit sites and I think Reliquary has something that caught my eye a while back.

Thanks Duz. Ouch. Wow I like those but kinda pricey since I only need one. I guess I’ll look at some bit sites and I think Reliquary has something that caught my eye a while back.

That's my design!

He also has a 5-Pack so if you only need one that almost halves the cost. They aren't cheap, agreed. You can see some examples of them on my most recent pics in my Plog.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/VPAT7MZ2W/raven-veteran-left-storm-shields-x5?optionId=62945643

Ninja'd by duz

Edited by Shadow Captain Vyper

My vow is complete as well!

1033043-.jpg

Odly, I didn't like painting him nearly as much as I did the phobos captain. Possibly the avoidance of battle damage to emulate his warlord trait, but also because that pose is so constricted by his arms, webbing and jump pack. I also don't like how his suit is more omnis than the phobos it's touted to be, taking away the abdomen fiber bundles to add more contrast into the paint job.

med_gallery_7985_14167_200119.jpg

It needs the details cleaned up but it is table ready as the Aggressors and the Intercessors.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and congrats to all who finished. I'll work this weekend on a list for the poll assuming I can get help setting that up.

med_gallery_7985_14167_200119.jpg

It needs the details cleaned up but it is table ready as the Aggressors and the Intercessors.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and congrats to all who finished. I'll work this weekend on a list for the poll assuming I can get help setting that up.

Excited.. a lot of amazing minis

Once Dracos gets me a full list of completed vows then we can set up the poll.

He's super keen maybe he could put all the completed pictures in his initial post to make voting easier too ;) :D

Thanks Dracos!

You read my mind about attempting to compile the pictures. I should be able to to do that Saturday. Sunday evening latest.

I appreciate Shadow and Duz finding the Raven Shield for me. Another example of the great community we have here. I decided to go a different direction though. I’m trying to theme my Warhawks as a more “realistic” reasonable marine force and WarriorHunter’s thoughts on a Spartan shield feels my like what I want my guys to represent. I’m looking at some PopGoesTheMonkey and other Shapeways shields. I’m definitely going to buy Agatone just for his hammer and pistol as a bits. Anyone wanting anything else off that sprue just PM me.

This event got me excited about characters and it’s a nice shift before I start the Reivers and Incursors next (15 models). I’m not in love with a Smash Captain as a game piece. I actually like the Phobos HQs for my personal play style but as a modeling project I want to do something different and I love that Thunder Hammer Agatone is carrying.

Compiling a list of pictures for the voting. I have pictures of completed projects for everyone except the following ...

Frostbit3

MajorNese

9x19 Parabellum

Seriade

If I missed anyone, please let me know. I'll give it a couple days before I ask to have a poll created.

In the meantime, that is 9 out 13 participants with a completed HQ, with a few of you knocking out multiple entries.

Nice job guys.

I'm posting the pictures of the completed projects in a new thread. I'm editing them so they all have approximately the same size.

My guys are in post 67, or there's a direct link. If it's just about one entry, then that one should be Shrike.

I'm posting the pictures of the completed projects in a new thread. I'm editing them so they all have approximately the same size.

Just my opinion - 200px is a bit too small, it's hard to make out details at that size. I'd maybe go for 500px, otherwise stuff like edge highlights get damaged just by lack of pixels.

Edited by MajorNese

MajorNese I chose to use the model on the left as your entry. I just thought it was I sweet conversion. Can easily switch if you would prefer a different picture in the Gallery to showcase. just send me on on next day or two if you wish. I think that will catch everyone one up and then I believe we will be ready for the poll :)