Modelling weapon options for Gorgons

Brad_hutcho

I used Tartarus power gloves to create chain fists for my gorgons. I think the aesthetic is more in keeping with the sculpt. The conversion is fairly easy, just use the original gorgon arm, but remove the forearm and replace it with the power glove (removing the Tartaros upper arm):

gallery_87021_11487_170671.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_796140.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_154781.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_492511.jpeg

As for the optimum load out, I’m still working out how to field them. My squad runs with a Grav gun, two chainfists, hammer and two axes. In the last game, two chainfists didn’t feel like enough anti armour, although they were facing off against a leviathan, and they were a little unlucky!

Cadmus

I used Tartarus power gloves to create chain fists for my gorgons. I think the aesthetic is more in keeping with the sculpt. The conversion is fairly easy, just use the original gorgon arm, but remove the forearm and replace it with the power glove (removing the Tartaros upper arm):

gallery_87021_11487_170671.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_796140.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_154781.jpeg

gallery_87021_11487_492511.jpeg

As for the optimum load out, I’m still working out how to field them. My squad runs with a Grav gun, two chainfists, hammer and two axes. In the last game, two chainfists didn’t feel like enough anti armour, although they were facing off against a leviathan, and they were a little unlucky!

Cadmus

Cheers for the reply mate. Yeah, those look awesome and you're right, tartaros seems more akin in style

I'm looking at running a ten man squad ultimately. Starting to think a good mix of chainfists and power fists might be the go. If you can hit blind on an enemy unit, everyone will be fighting st same initiative anyway. I read a few people who said take a single lightning claw so you can keep overwatch abilities. I love lightning claws for rule of cool, but always thought they were only really useful in pairs. The reroll is average without the extra attack