Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jain Zar revealed! [Psychic Awakening]

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,605 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
PsyAwk-Sep16-JainZar-1jy3l.jpg

As the Psychic Awakening approaches, we’re ramping up the excitement with another part of the Phoenix Rising prophecy and A NEW, PLASTIC PHOENIX LORD! No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you – read on and you’ll find out which Character we’re talking about…
But first! the prophecy continues…
PsyAwk-Sep16-Quote-ahdff3.jpg
Ylocu Shaie must be fun at parties… In any case, it sounds like the Ynarri have been kicking up something of a storm in their attempts to free the Aeldari from eternal damnation at the hands of Slaanesh. Bringing a god into consciousness from sheer potentiality evidently comes at a cost!
The Ynnari could definitely use a hand from someone with the experience of ages to guide them through these turbulent times – but who could rise to such a challenge?

That’s right – Jain Zar is back and is more incredible than ever! As the Phoenix Lord of the Howling Banshees, Jain Zar is the spiritual mother to all who follow in her path by dedicating themselves to her Warrior Aspect.
Jain Zar’s exquisite new miniature embodies the lethal grace for which she has become renowned, and feared, across the galaxy. As well as sweeping her deadly glaive, the Blade of Destruction, in a decapitating strike, she is poised to whip her right arm around to hurl her legendary triskele, Silent Death. Her feet aren’t even touching the floor, as the miniature is held aloft by her flowing mane!

On the battlefield, Jain Zar fights even more aggressively than before (if such a thing is possible for Khaine’s most prolific blademaiden), swapping her old Disarming Strike ability for a more thoroughly slaughterous replacement, The Storm of Silence…
PsyAwk-Sep16-StormofSilence-1jefu.jpg
With this ability at her disposal, simply hurl Jain Zar into the largest enemy units and watch gleefully as she blends her way through them like a bladed whirlwind!
The incredible new miniature of Jain Zar will be on its way soon… as will her nemesis – who could that possibly be? You’ll have to tune in next Monday to find out! Until then, why not pick up a Triumvirate of Ynnead to spearhead your Ynnari warhost in preparation for Jain Zar’s arrival?

Edited by Brother Casman, 25 September 2019 - 11:10 AM.
Updating tags

• jeremy1391, Excessus, DeadFingers and 2 others like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,157 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

100% buying that. Hot Damn.

• Black Blow Fly and Bryan Blaire like this

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,605 posts

We also have confirmation (end of the video) that she will be released in October. And there is Drazhar next Monday to look forward to!

Edited by Marshal Loss, 23 September 2019 - 03:41 PM.

rCsoqE7.png

ShibeKing

ShibeKing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
A definite pre order. This gives me high hopes for the future of the Aeldari model line.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,605 posts

Video:

aEtWB6Z.png

Edited by Marshal Loss, 23 September 2019 - 03:45 PM.

rCsoqE7.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Oh wow, not a single Rumour Engine belonged to her. That's... strange, to say the least.

With Drazhar being the last obvious reveal left, I suspect the Sunday following next Monday to be the preorder annoucement for Phoenix Rising, and we'll get more actual info on the event itself the week leading up to the preorder.

• TheMawr likes this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

The face could have done with being slightly more angular imo (closer to the original concept art) but she's still very good :) If the other phoenix lords are in the same playing field, that'll be pretty awesome.

The armour on the left arm and legs looks rather similar to the Dark Eldar Wytch armour - I wonder if that trait will be shared with the other Phoenix Lords, or if it will be reserved to only Ynnari characters

• Lexington likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

viewasjack

viewasjack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 155 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists & Flesh Tearers

Such a fantastic model! Still retains the identity of the original sculpt whilst looking incredibly dynamic. I can't wait to see if GW redo some of the other Phoenix Lords in plastic. Baharroth was always a favourite of mine from back in the 90's.

Edited by viewasjack, 23 September 2019 - 03:49 PM.

• Karhedron likes this

gallery_45765_12339_49118.png 49208293978_064e846335_o.png

Instagram - viewasjack

Crimson Fists 4th Company - "The Crimson Lancers" - WIP

Flesh Tearers Spearhead Force - WIP

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts

Oh wow, not a single Rumour Engine belonged to her. That's... strange, to say the least.

With Drazhar being the last obvious reveal left, I suspect the Sunday following next Monday to be the preorder annoucement for Phoenix Rising, and we'll get more actual info on the event itself the week leading up to the preorder.

Wasn't there a rumour engine with a bunch of hair?

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,871 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force
Big fan of her. She looks great. Also, I knew the old one was old, but 1994 makes it older than me by a year.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,202 posts
The hair though :lol:

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,971 posts

It's not from her.

rumor-engine-8-27-19.jpg

• DeadFingers and Doctor Perils like this

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,102 posts

Nice. Being fully off the ground is cool - regular banshees on foot, exarchs mid-leap, Jain Zar in the air - though I'm not wild about how chunky that bound hair thing is at the end. Otherwise great, proportionate weapons, a face that could very easily have looked goofy that now looks coldly mythological or at least more clearly kabuki-inspired, big hair that is slightly less big than before, a headcrest reduced to a foot and a half from the three foot it appears as in some art, it's good.

There's a few elements I was ready to attribute to a new Ynnari-inspired 'joint Eldar' aesthetic; the trim on her boots, the additional DE-ish ornate armour on her left arm, the cruelly hooked triskele. But looking at Jes Goodwin's original model, they're all there, just clearer now and plucked out by the paint scheme. Love to see the old concept art.

Belly button's kinda silly though.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,669 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons
Can't wait to see what happens when some proper painters get their hands on her!
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,340 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Like always I feel the model is going to look better with a different paint job.

But the pose is really off to me. It's like she's leaping up to start some sort of devil may cry air combo with her spear into range weapon. She's kind of just in the air, mid strike, about to throw. Would have liked to see more forward momentum. Hopefully it's just the angle.
  • Interrogator Stobz likes this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,271 posts

Model great. Storm of Silence rule GREAT.

So cool.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,137 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Cool model.

So why is Jain Zar a big deal in the lore?

-~Ishagu~-

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,598 posts

That's excellent. Really showcases what GW can do with plastic nowadays. It looks so light and the movement is great.

It'll be interesting to see the others. Not all will be as dynamic, I expect. Baharroth could be really interesting.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,002 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

Sold. thumbsup.gif

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts

Man, I keep forgetting how bad the original is now

Spoiler

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

It's not from her.

rumor-engine-8-27-19.jpg

I still vote, Russ's beard
banana

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I always found Jain Zhar's original sculpt to be a complete visual mess, like the 3d equivalent of some of the worst black and white sprites from the original Game Boy edition of Pokemon where you couldn't work out quite what it was supposed to be depicting.

Seeing a brightly coloured clearly defined version just feels extra weirder after all this time.

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,065 posts

Like the mask (less goblin-y), don't like the hair or that it's the structural component for adding height to the model.

Solid B- to B for me.

• Juggernut likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Man, I keep forgetting how bad the original is now

Spoiler

It's almost the same pose too, just with better proportions and less "compressed".

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

Paintjob feels kinda uninspired (though i guess its consistent with the general HB scheme)

But man it's kind of a weird feeling to see this 2nd edition mini finally getting an update

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users