Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jain Zar revealed! [Psychic Awakening]

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

What the hell is going on with his triskele wrist/hand position? It looks like she has two left hands.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 23 September 2019 - 04:14 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,271 posts

What the hell is going on with his triskele wrist/hand position? It looks like she has two left hands.

Hah my thoughts too, going to need the 360 shot.

• Marshal Rohr likes this

taikishi

taikishi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,009 posts

Cool model.

So why is Jain Zar a big deal in the lore?

Founded the Banshee temple. Became Asurmen's first disciple after he helped her defect from her Wych cult.

Edited by taikishi, 23 September 2019 - 04:17 PM.

• Ishagu likes this

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,157 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Per the article:

She is mid decapitation-strike-ing with her Glaive and mid getting ready to throw her Triskele. Ie, has fully extended her arm back as part of the swing. Basically the moment right before she starts bringing her arm back forward and shifts the weapon down Horizontally.

BASICALLY its a mid-action pose.

Jain Zar’s exquisite new miniature embodies the lethal grace for which she has become renowned, and feared, across the galaxy. As well as sweeping her deadly glaive, the Blade of Destruction, in a decapitating strike, she is poised to whip her right arm around to hurl her legendary triskele, Silent Death. Her feet aren’t even touching the floor, as the miniature is held aloft by her flowing mane!

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

Hah my thoughts too, going to need the 360 shot.

Here you go.

NANwWep.png

• PeteySödes and Karhedron like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,146 posts

Plus, even from the front you can pretty clearly see her thumb on the triskele :lol:

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts

Ok, the pic from behind helps. Definitely looks like a left hand from the front. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,002 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

3bbrhx.jpg

-Ran

• Sandlemad, Marshal Rohr, Interrogator Stobz and 3 others like this

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,737 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé
The biggest issue...release so close to the sisters box...

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,944 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

The model is an improvement over the original, if a little worrying for its structural integrity, but I really wish they had redesigned it somewhat. I always thought it was weird how all the Phoenix Lords looked like an upgraded version of their aspect warriors, but then here comes Jain Zar, looking like some psycho goblinoid ballerina on meth. 

• Wispy and Slave to Darkness like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts

That just means this is all Eldar are getting for PA1

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,871 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

3bbrhx.jpg

-Ran

About 50 minutes ago!
  • shandwen, Doctor Perils, Loquille and 2 others like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,271 posts

Plus, even from the front you can pretty clearly see her thumb on the triskele laugh.png

Aha, I'm having a "once you see it" moment. I was thinking the 3 nubby things on the middle disk was part of here hand at first, hence the "zuh?".

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 826 posts
I want to convert her into a Callidus, because I love the model but abhor the Xenos...

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,737 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

That just means this is all Eldar are getting for PA1

Or the sisters are just getting that box before the new year, which is just as if not more likely...

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,662 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I wish that they had pushed the armor a bit more, made it clear that the Phoenix Lords were more like the armor that the Visarch bears (although not merging all three factions into one armor) - more ancient forms of armor than even the current Craftword Exarchs. It has a touch of that, but I feel like they could have gone a little further with it, and then the Exarchs could have had a touch of it to show their suits are older.

Overall though a super-solid model to me, bears all the hallmarks of being Jain Zar, but in a slightly better stance/pose than the old one. Also very cool that her base appears to be a destroyed Avatar of Khaine head (or at least the crest portion).
  • Lexington, Doctor Perils, LetsYouDown and 3 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Ranulf

Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,002 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka, House Orlock

The model is an improvement over the original, if a little worrying for its structural integrity, but I really wish they had redesigned it somewhat. I always thought it was weird how all the Phoenix Lords looked like an upgraded version of their aspect warriors, but then here comes Jain Zar, looking like some psycho goblinoid ballerina on meth. 

Expect to see many broken 'professionally painted' ones on eBay with the feet glued to the base in 2020.

As to the latter, we may see a similar trend of differentiation if GW releases more Phoenix Lords.

-Ran

ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,944 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Dang, you start a post and walk away for a couple minutes and half a page goes by. 

Per the article:

She is mid decapitation-strike-ing with her Glaive and mid getting ready to throw her Triskele. Ie, has fully extended her arm back as part of the swing. Basically the moment right before she starts bringing her arm back forward and shifts the weapon down Horizontally.

BASICALLY its a mid-action pose.

Which is why the pose looks so bad to me. Mid-action poses are generally the least energetic and most boring, a lesson I was taught as a young lad with dreams of being a comic book artist. From ye sacred tome of How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way:

Spoiler

*snip*

I'd be shocked if fans of the old figure didn't like the new one. It's an unfortunately accurate recreation of the old one's aesthetic. 

• Interrogator Stobz, Quixus and Slips like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,207 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Even worse, probably the second year without Orktober.

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts
How do you throw a triskele? YouTube isn’t showing anything useful.

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I always thought it was weird how all the Phoenix Lords looked like an upgraded version of their aspect warriors, but then here comes Jain Zar, looking like some psycho goblinoid ballerina on meth.

Regular Dark Reapers have vaguely skull themed helmets while Maugan Ra is a Lordi reject and Asurman has a similar goblin mask so I think you're blotting a lot out and only Baharoth and Fuegan are jumping to your mind.

A triskele is a art motif, not a real object. Its a complete fantasy weapon.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 23 September 2019 - 04:59 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,894 posts

Colourscheme ruins and otherwise beautiful model IMO.

But that's what photoshop is for! Quick and dirty re-colour to be in-line with the original, albeit more purple I guess:

SINDEL FROM MORTAL KOMBAT SAYS HI.

493oILN.jpg

Edited by Charlo, 23 September 2019 - 04:59 PM.

• PeteySödes, Sandlemad, m_r_parker and 11 others like this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,149 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Talons (DIY)
Now that's a colour scheme I could get behind. :tu:

Lovely model, too. Almost a shame I sold off all of my Eldar stuff a few months ago.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,102 posts

Paintjob feels kinda uninspired (though i guess its consistent with the general HB scheme)

Yeah, the pale bone doesn't work terribly well here with the curved armour and smooth surfaces. She might benefit from... I dunno, being done in the same red shades as the Visarch. That same kind of blending.

Yeah, it doesn't have any exact RL precedent as a weapon, does it... it's just the symbol literalised and given blades, I guess. A Jes Goodwin original. I think there are African throwing knives that are kind of similar but even they have a protruding handle so you launch them without whacking your fingers.

Edited by Sandlemad, 23 September 2019 - 05:10 PM.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,971 posts

Probably like the shuriken from the first AVP film. If you haven't seen it, don't. Better to not know how the triskele would be thrown than subject yourself to that film.

Colourscheme ruins and otherwise beautiful model IMO.

But that's what photoshop is for! Quick and dirty re-colour to be in-line with the original, albeit more purple I guess:

The original scheme is black armour with white hair & mask. The purple is a repaint. Looks good on the new model though.

• Juggernut likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users