Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jain Zar revealed! [Psychic Awakening]

Psychic Awakening event

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,260 posts
I haven't kept up with Eldar lore, but I remember Maugen-Ra was fairly active around the black crusade due to his previously destroyed craftworld ?Altansar coming out of the eye and I think he sided with the Yenari. If this release is going to be bulked out then Mandrakes are one of the few remaining finecast DE kits and a second aspect in plastic would make sense. Dark Reapers would give some ranged support.

If there is a new DE flyer then couldn't it be Vect?

Shield-Captain

Shield-Captain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 99 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes
I'm fairly certain that "new flyer" is merely a Tantalus

https://www.forgewor...-Eldar-Tantalus

The silhouette is pretty similar.

23.jpg

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,157 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

Thats what I generally think too: that its just an artistic variation of a Tantalus.

However, the few deails that stick out to me: the lack of width for the double hull and the lack of gap in the center that would also point to it having a double-hull.

The Sail is also a big indicator at it not being a Tantalus.

The position of the gun also makes me think of a Reaper but even that doesnt fit. https://www.forgewor...dar-Reaper-2018

TO me, it looks like a giant Venom with a Tantalus' rear end and a Reapers gun.

unknown.png

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Looks more like a reaper with wider wings.

https://www.forgewor...dar-Reaper-2018

Probably a new sprue for the box to give the DE some anti-knight vehicles.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 27 September 2019 - 12:14 AM.

• jeremy1391 likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,271 posts

Thats what I generally think too: that its just an artistic variation of a Tantalus.

However, the few deails that stick out to me: the lack of width for the double hull and the lack of gap in the center that would also point to it having a double-hull.

The Sail is also a big indicator at it not being a Tantalus.

The position of the gun also makes me think of a Reaper but even that doesnt fit. https://www.forgewor...dar-Reaper-2018

TO me, it looks like a giant Venom with a Tantalus' rear end and a Reapers gun.
unknown.png

Dais. Of. Destruction

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,157 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

One can dream/hope...

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,453 posts

Probably a new sprue for the box to give the DE some anti-knight vehicles.

To be fair, DE have haywire coming out of their pointy ears (not to mention blasters, Dark Lances that do not count as heavy etc). Dealing with Knights is not too problematic for them (although loss of access to Craftworld Doomseers did hurt a bit).

Edited by Karhedron, 27 September 2019 - 09:37 AM.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Ioldanach

Ioldanach

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts
I'm not a big fan of the concept that howling banshees look female even if they're male. The armor is supposed to be form-fitting. The only practical reason for this is that GW doesn't want to have male/female torsos for each of the aspects. I don't see any reason why they can't have four out of five howling banshees female with the fifth being male; and the exarch should be female regardless (not because males can't become howling banshee exarchs, but simply because that's probably too niche for GW to justify a mold/model). The other aspects should be fairly evenly split male/female (if they come in sets of five models, then 3 male/2 female; if they come in sets of ten models, then 5/5).

Ultimately, the mask is what creates the assumed persona. As long as the mask of the howling banshee aspect warrior is suitably feminine, I think that the concept has been executed sufficiently.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Anhrathe (Eldar Corsairs): KT faction rules
Ynnari: KT faction rules

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
I like the armor, it fits the idea that the armor is inherited and that the warrior is stepping into a role, leaving their old persona behind. Plus, it's nice to have more examples of androgyny that isn't Slaanesh.
  • fire golem likes this

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

I'm not a big fan of the concept that howling banshees look female even if they're male. The armor is supposed to be form-fitting. The only practical reason for this is that GW doesn't want to have male/female torsos for each of the aspects. I don't see any reason why they can't have four out of five howling banshees female with the fifth being male; and the exarch should be female regardless (not because males can't become howling banshee exarchs, but simply because that's probably too niche for GW to justify a mold/model). The other aspects should be fairly evenly split male/female (if they come in sets of five models, then 3 male/2 female; if they come in sets of ten models, then 5/5).

Ultimately, the mask is what creates the assumed persona. As long as the mask of the howling banshee aspect warrior is suitably feminine, I think that the concept has been executed sufficiently.

The armor can have a formfitting inner layer, and still have bobs on the exterior easy.

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,118 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
You could always guardians with banshee head swaps?
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Or dire avengers for that matter? Plus, perhaps some of the other aspects when they come out :)
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,240 posts

it's a weird bit of fluff and i think it's to justify that autarchs are often depicted as male but can take banshee wargear (implying history with a banshee shrine).

Legionnaire of the VIIth

Legionnaire of the VIIth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 424 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

it's a weird bit of fluff and i think it's to justify that autarchs are often depicted as male but can take banshee wargear (implying history with a banshee shrine).

Male Howling Banshees go back to the White Dwarf that introduced them in Rogue Trader, I believe the first appearance of the Autarch was in Epic Swordwind (published in 2001) and the 4th edition Eldar Codex. Unless they wanted to explain banshee equipment on a male Autarch concept they shelved until much later I don't think it was what brought about having male Howling Banshees.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,634 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Gav explained it on Twitter but I’m not going to quote it because it is political. Essentially while on the Path of the Banshee all Eldar are female.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 02 October 2019 - 01:33 AM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,146 posts

Gav explained it on Twitter but I’m not going to quote it because it is political. Essentially while on the Path of the Banshee all Eldar are female.

Or in other words:

The Path of the Banshee is a female persona. When you go on it, you are female.

• Shinespider and Panzer like this

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans

Gav explained it on Twitter but I’m not going to quote it because it is political.

i pulled it up and it really isn't...
it is certaintly a maturity issue with certain folks here...
Can you just quote it then? :lol:

I really don't feel like trawling through Gav's Twitter feed to find this quote.
In response to a question asking weather the new Howling Banshee Exarch model was Male or Female...

“The answer is neither. The question contains an invalid assertion and so can’t be answered.

Short version: The Howling Banshee is a female Aspect so this would be a female model.

Long version: A craftworlder Aspect Warrior assumes the gender (or absence) of their Aspect
1/?”

Edited by Master Commander Ajax, 02 October 2019 - 03:44 AM.

• Legionnaire of the VIIth and Panzer like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 658 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
He later adds...

“This is my personal dichotomy - I tie myself in knots when I think about it too much. In my headcanon (which is heavily influenced by the Culture) they even have the tech to control their bodies and assume physiological changes too.”

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,662 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I think folks are getting too caught up in something that really doesn't need a question or an answer. It's a plastic mini - if you don't like what it represents to you, change it. You also don't have to accept what GW's writing tells you 100%, if you like a slightly different idea, then make it so.

Don't get too caught up in "being right" by anyone else's standards or acknowledgement, or being "GW official." Even GW employees don't always abide by "GW official" as they have shown in the Voxcast interviews.
  • Master Commander Ajax and Silas7 like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,484 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Boobplates are entirely aesthetic. There's no logic to keeping the gendered aesthetic features of the armour to the helmet. Why would a culture based around performance impose limits on the amount of drag they engage in just because there's a theoretically more restrained amount of drag.

Harlequins work the way you're suggesting and have kits that let you make a woman Harlequin with a masculine masque or put a pony tail on a gender neutral masque with a male torso and that's cool and all but I think the differences in the kits adds more depth and variety to Eldar Culture than standardizing them would.

The gender neutral legs on the Dark Eldar Wyche, Reaver and Hellion kits are for cost saving reasons but they do also imply that there's no human-equivalent muscle distribution difference between male and female Eldar.

• Hellebras, Legionnaire of the VIIth and Panzer like this

gideon stargreave

gideon stargreave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 126 posts
Just read the Twitter exchange. I see the invalid assertion mentioned. (that there are 2 genders in Eldar society).
That is pretty consistent with the Eldar concept of paths in general.

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 369 posts
Well they did birth slaanesh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users