Another Old Wolf Returning..

Wolf Lord Duregar

Here you go! Guy on the left is still in the middle of being base coated.

med_gallery_47404_15854_67954.jpg

med_gallery_47404_15854_103465.jpg

On the left is an Intercessor with a powerfist arm and pauldron from the space wolves pack box (5th edition. Is the current one the same or different?) On the right is Intercessor with Grey Knights Nemesis Force Sword under an Intercessor pauldron. The GK swords are longer than regular power swords and help the arm not look short. I also have a SW powersword on a wolfed up Phobos Rune Priest, but that was cut off at the hilt instead of the arm, so I didn't think it would answer your question. There are a couple more, but they're currently broken up for magnetization.

Here is a Reiver torso and legs with a standard SM arm:

Arms2

I would say that if you can get hold of a Death Watch box set there are a lot of nice bits in that, that go well with the Primaris range, the Heavy Thunder Hammer is awesome and I've converted it a fair few times now into spears, axes etc, that's where the last pic I posted for you came from.

The Death Watch bits are slightly bigger than the older SW bits, so you can see that GW were on there way to making the SM a more realistic size.

Cool, thanks! I might pick one of those boxes up or atleast some bitz then!

Nice sword! Where does it come from?

Try and get the box set that has 10 men in it, not the boxed game as you get way cooler bits like the Heavy Thunder Hammer, I've seen them going on Ebay for about £19 including delivery.

As for the sword that comes from conversionworld.de they do the most detailed resin I have ever seen, that sword's teeth are like tiny claws, you have to see one up close to appreciate the level of detail - there are runes carved into the guard of the sword and you can only just see them in the picture.  They also do hands that can closed around weapons, so like sword handles, axes, they are a bit tricky but pretty damn good, you just heat up the resin and close the fingers.

Edited by sbarnby71

• 4 weeks later...

Right, I feel I have to return here for a little bit..

I think I have caught up with a lot of the background since I left, got a good grasp of the rules and so on. yet to play since my old buddies live 500km from here so I´ll have to wait until the Holidays (which probably will be Shadow War: Armageddon though).

The Space Wolves have me a bit of.. Not confused but I am?:huh.:  I decided I like the Primaris range but I am mostly a modeller these days so will have to hoard  a bunch of cool bits before I can start converting and then paint.. So I went for painting some Flesh Tearers, Primaris and non-Primaris and Crimson Fists.. I have never really explored more Codex-y Chapters and I love the look of the Crimson Fists so felt interesting. Flesh Tearers are just cool and look great..

And it let´s me keep loads of interesting bitz I put away for when i start making a new Space Wolves army for real again, they are, after all, my first and biggest love in 40k. :)

As many have suggested though, go all Primaris, seems to be the way - they look great and I have a "clean slate" so can do that. It seems to be the future of the game, kinda, they won´t exactly go away but probably be expanded more over the years..

But, the big but and my "confusion". The units do not feel like my old Space Wolf Packs.. The whole army won´t feel like it with characters and units sporting hard hitting close combat weapons like power fists and so on that can rip anything to pieces. Or am I wrong?

Sure, LOADS of S4 attacks and great bolters..

What I want to know, I guess, is how you that are making pure or almost pure Primaris Space Wolves do those armies? It seems like they are way more shooty, right (Primaris that is). Can you make a pure Primaris Space Wolves army that can hold its own against anything, even when the :cusse hits the fan and the bad guys reach you?

That is one of the big reasons, apart from fluff and looks, back in the day, that made me chose the Space Wolves - I could deal with anything up close and beat the :cusse out of it, even if it was daemons, Tyranids or whatever...