Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another Old Wolf Returning..

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,142 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,

Here you go! Guy on the left is still in the middle of being base coated.

med_gallery_47404_15854_67954.jpg

med_gallery_47404_15854_103465.jpg

On the left is an Intercessor with a powerfist arm and pauldron from the space wolves pack box (5th edition. Is the current one the same or different?) On the right is Intercessor with Grey Knights Nemesis Force Sword under an Intercessor pauldron. The GK swords are longer than regular power swords and help the arm not look short. I also have a SW powersword on a wolfed up Phobos Rune Priest, but that was cut off at the hilt instead of the arm, so I didn't think it would answer your question. There are a couple more, but they're currently broken up for magnetization.

• Wolf Lord Duregar likes this

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

++ SECURIS VINCO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,676 posts
  • Faction: Space Beakiez & Orks!

Looks good to me. :) Thanks! I´ll give it a try and see how it looks on my work table!

Do not know if they changed the power fist, good question.

Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They´z all the same size too - no big ´uns or little ´uns, so they´z always arguing about who´s in charge, ´cos there´s no way of telling ´cept fer badges an´ ooniforms and fings. Anuvver fing - when they do sumfing, they try to make it look like somfink else to confuse everybody. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, ´e says "I´m very speshul so´z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don´t know, so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of ´em believe it and da over arf don´t, so ´e ´as to hit ´em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin´ about if yer asks me. An´ while they´z all arguin´ wiv each other over who´s da boss, da Orks can sneak up an´ clobber da lot.

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Here is a Reiver torso and legs with a standard SM arm:

Arms2
I would say that if you can get hold of a Death Watch box set there are a lot of nice bits in that, that go well with the Primaris range, the Heavy Thunder Hammer is awesome and I've converted it a fair few times now into spears, axes etc, that's where the last pic I posted for you came from.

The Death Watch bits are slightly bigger than the older SW bits, so you can see that GW were on there way to making the SM a more realistic size.

Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to be here

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

++ SECURIS VINCO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,676 posts

Cool, thanks! I might pick one of those boxes up or atleast some bitz then!

Nice sword! Where does it come from?

Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They´z all the same size too - no big ´uns or little ´uns, so they´z always arguing about who´s in charge, ´cos there´s no way of telling ´cept fer badges an´ ooniforms and fings. Anuvver fing - when they do sumfing, they try to make it look like somfink else to confuse everybody. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, ´e says "I´m very speshul so´z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don´t know, so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of ´em believe it and da over arf don´t, so ´e ´as to hit ´em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin´ about if yer asks me. An´ while they´z all arguin´ wiv each other over who´s da boss, da Orks can sneak up an´ clobber da lot.

sbarnby71

sbarnby71

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 392 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Cool, thanks! I might pick one of those boxes up or atleast some bitz then!

Nice sword! Where does it come from?

Try and get the box set that has 10 men in it, not the boxed game as you get way cooler bits like the Heavy Thunder Hammer, I've seen them going on Ebay for about £19 including delivery.

As for the sword that comes from conversionworld.de they do the most detailed resin I have ever seen, that sword's teeth are like tiny claws, you have to see one up close to appreciate the level of detail - there are runes carved into the guard of the sword and you can only just see them in the picture.  They also do hands that can closed around weapons, so like sword handles, axes, they are a bit tricky but pretty damn good, you just heat up the resin and close the fingers.

Edited by sbarnby71, 10 October 2019 - 01:43 PM.

Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to be here

Wolf Lord Duregar

Wolf Lord Duregar

++ SECURIS VINCO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,676 posts

Thanks, I´ll have to check them out too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users