Beginnings of a crusade

IceWind

Hey guys it's been a while since the last update but I haven't been idle for the whole time. Every crusade needs a leader and who's the best choice for the job? HELBRECHT OF COURSE! But I didn't want to deal with finecast and I love doing my own stuff, so here's my take on him:

Drg2Inp.jpg?1

TZlr7bC.jpg?1

zdw01VW.jpg?1

ESAEDbT.jpg?1

He's still a somewhat WIP and I'm not entirely satisfied with the paintjob and some of the sculpting, but I did learn a lot from this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Been working on my Word Bearers for a bit so haven't updated. But I started messing around with an alternate look for the intercessors as they don't really seem that "templarish." Here's what I have so far:

1L344ui.jpg?1

6W8KI96.jpg?1

j6a3L0m.jpg?1

Rfe02YP.jpg?1

It's gonna be a lot of work for just some basic marines, but what do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello again!

My Templars took a step back for a while as I had some other projects I wanted to work on. But today I got my Indomitus box that I've been waiting for, which means more Templar goodness!

Instead of diving right in to building the new templars I want to finish the boys from my latest update. They were originally meant to be veteran Intercessors, but now with the Blade Guard coming out I decided against it.

Here's a squad of 3:

gallery_31950_16541_414082.jpg

gallery_31950_16541_453920.jpg

gallery_31950_16541_110617.jpg

gallery_31950_16541_425067.jpg

Still some cleaning up to do and the holsters need green stuff but otherwise I'm calling them done and ready to paint. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...

Those look great! And I really like the crusader helms you’ve made on the intercessors

Great conversions; I'm still impressed with your sculpting skills.

Thanks guys! I do need to learn how to sculpt faster while getting consistent results, at this speed I'll never get the crusade fully going :biggrin.:

But a small update of what I've been fiddling with today, actually involving no green stuff this time. The sculpts in the Indomitus box are magnificent but I couldn't restrain myself of making something a bit different from them. So here's my Bladeguard Marshal:

med_gallery_31950_16541_4706.jpg

med_gallery_31950_16541_786798.jpg

Not 100% sure about the head but I do kinda like the old marine style on it.