Grey Knight allied force?

Helias_Tancred

Hi folks.

I’m a Blood Angel player and a friend who recently got out of the hobby gifted me his budding Grey Knight force: Grandmaster Voldus, Paladin squad, Paladin Apothecary, Paladin ancient, 5 man Strike squad, and 5 man Interceptor squad.

I’ve always loved their lore and I want to use them as an allied detachment when fighting daemon armies, of which several of my friends run (Nurgle, Khorne, and Slaanesh).

So is this a good GK allied force that I now have for using against Daemons? Or if not then what you recommend I add to it?

I’m not a competitive player, I don’t play tourneys, but my friends daemon armies are nasty lol. Plus I love the fluff of Titan sending a small strike force to aid the Blood Angels

You have a very solid Vanguard detachment there. Voldus with the paladins, ancient and apothecary is a nice palastar unit. 4 smites at a time doing a flat 3MW each...will make daemon units run. If you want to add another unit I'd suggest a Brother captain as well. That will increase everyone's smite to 24" range. So if enemy units are in bolter range, they're in MW range!

• 2 weeks later...

I do Blood Angels and Grey knights as well and so I do them both as allied forces sometimes works quite well, (depending on what units or strategy you have). Grey Knights could stay defensive collecting those objectives for you whilst your Blood Angels force spill purple chaos blood, that is what I do because it works really well due to their special rules and strategems.