Tzaangors: the other tzaangors

BolterZorro

Ok, I get it, tzaangors are good. I didn't wan't them at first but they really are growing on me. Got actualy 50 of them.

But another thing is  growing on me: more other tzaangors units to be able to get best of both worlds AoS and 40K.

So, my question is focused on the other tzaangors units in 40K and how they are in this dark future game:

- shaman on disc

- tzaangors enlighten

- tzaangors skyfire

Of course, it is about a TS army! (or chaos soup with TS units)

Edited by BolterZorro

I have always found Enlightened with Bows to be a very solid unit as their output is good and they can threaten anything relatively well. I own 12 and usually do 6/6 with a Shaman nearby. Sometimes 9/3 is also a good idea, if you get first turn and want to Prescience them they sit at auto-wounding on a 4+, has its uses. But even without the spell support and just a Shaman hanging out nearby they have a solid 2+ to hit and a 5+ to auto-wound on the hit roll. 

Enlightened with spears require large units, usually 9 in one go with substantial support resources so they (IMHO) are not as useful. 

I also own 50 foot Tzaangors! and I run them in 25/25, or sometimes 15/15/20 (if trying to fill a battalion). 

I would recommend the horns in the units for that +1 to run/charge. 

Magnetizing them would be a pain. Very small bits.

I like my Enlightened. They can reliably get into combat (if they survive, so be careful with them). They gain a lot from support - shaman that uses the familiar strat to get prescience has them auto-wounding on 4s to hit, and a mutalith makes them ap2. With that support they can really hurt pretty much anything - T is irrelevant and they will get through a lot of armor. They're also technically Daemons so the discipline of tzeentch could give then bonus attacks, but that's not very reliable even if you get the spell off. And you can fight twice with the strat. So they have uses for sure.

Edited by Tyriks

So, mutalith is a good option for TS? I don't know very well this unit (but I'd like to know as the miniature is ice)

IMHO: Its a "Daemon engine" functionally in all but name/keyword. It just replaces guns with a crazy magic vortex/portal. 

I have one and I get good mileage out of it for its relatively low point cost. Not a bad unit surely. 

Enlightened are definitely magnetizable, I'm currently doing mine atm. It is a pain as you've got to do the interior torso magnet before attaching the head, and place a magnet on the chest of both sets of arms.

One set of horns will give you some trouble but it's not that bad. I used parchment paper to ease the magnetizing alignments and curing overnight.