1000 ZM Iron Hands

Stix

Hey!

I am slowly prepering for my first game ever. I thought I will start with lower points ZM game. Any coments or tips? I tried to make fluffy list (cause I have no idea what is playable yet :biggrin.: ). Not sure about delegatus. It gives me access to RoW but I have been thnking about forgelord or siege breaker. Or shave of some points and invest in praetor...

++  Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Gorgon Terminator Squad [430pts]: 2x Chainfist, 8x Gorgon Terminator, 2x Graviton Gun, 6x Power Fist
. Gorgon Hammerbearer: Cyber-familiar

+ HQ +

Delegatus [125pts]: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Combat Shield, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Volkite Charger
. Consul
. . Delegatus
. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Troops +

Medusan Immortals , Compulsory [265pts]: 9x Medusan Immortals, 9x Volkite Charger
. Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Single Breaching Charge, Volkite Charger

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [180pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Vexilla, Legion
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Cyber-familiar, Melta Bombs, Power Fist

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance:   X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

Rite of War: Company of Bitter Iron

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I see. Thanks! Is it any better now?

++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon [165pts]
. Cortus Dreadnought: Blessed Autosimulacra
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

Gorgon Terminator Squad [300pts]: Chainfist, 5x Gorgon Terminator, Graviton Gun, 4x Power Fist
. Gorgon Hammerbearer: Cyber-familiar, Grenade Harness

+ HQ +

Delegatus [115pts]: Artificer Armour, Combat Shield, Cyber-familiar, On Foot, Volkite Serpenta
. Consul
. . Delegatus
. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Troops +

Medusan Immortals , Compulsory [255pts]: 9x Medusan Immortals, 9x Volkite Charger
. Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, Volkite Charger

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [165pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Vexilla, Legion
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: X: Iron Hands, Loyalist

Rite of War: Company of Bitter Iron

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

Edited by Stix

Hey mate,

Is the list based on the models you own? A few points about ZM games that will affect your list building:

1) In ZM you only have to take one compulsory troops option (or non of you are an attacker, only compulsory elites). So this means you can drop the tactical squad in favour of something else if you keep the RoW. My suggestion would be switching them out for a vet squad with melta bombs and double special weapons. The veteran squad has more tactical flexibility (scout/outflank would give you mobility options)

The other option is keeping the tactical squad and taking a different HQ, and not using a RoW. My choice here would be a warmonger to allow a unit to deep strike (really useful in ZM). Which leads me to my second point....

2) elite units are scoring in ZM, so even if you drop the ROW your immortals will still be a scoring unit.

3) the gorgons could use some equipment changes, a second chainfist, drop the harness (everyone is striking at I1 anyway, it’s not worth the points), consider dropping the cyber familiar if you’re short on points. You could also shave off points by dropping the sixth member of the squad.

4) HQ equipment - I like that you have taken advantage of the access to a cyber familiar. Personally, I would go cataphractii to get 2+/3++ saves, although fluffy in might be too much. I would also give him a chainfist.

So the following would be: centurion, delegatus, cataphractii, chainfist, familiar - 125pts (ie ten more points than your current choice)

This will create mobility issues, but, you could attach him to the vets to scout or outflank him where you want. Or if you take him as a warmonger, he’s deepstriking anyway (plus digital lasers gives him an extra attack).

5) Finally, I would take a chainfist on the contemptor, or swap out the flamers for grav.

Not sure where that will leave you with points, but I hope it helps your list building!

Cadmus

Thanx for answer!

It was very informative. I had no idea about scoring elites! Yeah, so the list is build around the models that I actually own (except for contemptor). Changing tacticals for vets or delegatus for warmonger sounds great but then I would have to get rid of contemptor again bc of elites limit. Would it be a good trade? If so, what two special weapons would you sugest for vets?

Good point regarding the number of elite choices, that makes switching out the tactical squad a lot harder. Perhaps use them as seekers? The small blast rounds are pretty brutal in ZM as they gain the shred USR. The other option is to drop the contemptor in favour of something else or squeeze in two immortal squads with your RoW.

Cadmus