Thoughts on my current list

RandomMarine

First things first my culln the risen has been bashed into a IH since he came out

Basically the Redemptor group up with the tech marine (ironstone) and chaplain, the 2 leviathans group up. With the infantry moving up behind to take objectives. Its not intended to be hyper competitive and the leverage the mobility and toughness without being to game breaking or to obnoxious to play against. I'll start with 9 cp which I feel is a reasonable amount

+++ Shadow of Naxos (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [103 PL, 9CP, 1,995pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Inheritors of the Primarch, Iron Hands, Iron Hands Successor, Red Scorpions

Battle-forged CP

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Carab Culln the Risen: Heavy bolter, 2x Heavy flamer, 3x Hunter-killer missile, Merciless Logic, The Tarsus Scorpii, Twin assault cannon, Warlord

Primaris Chaplain: 5. Recitation of Focus, Absolver Bolt pistol, Benediction of Fury, Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad: Bolt rifle

. . 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites +

Primaris Apothecary: Absolver Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Reductor Pistol

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Aiolos missile launcher, Anvillus autocannon battery, Twin heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator

. . 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades

. . Hellblaster Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma pistol

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav-flux bombard, 2x Heavy flamer, 3x Hunter-killer missile

. . Leviathan siege claw: Meltagun

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Inheritors of the Primarch, Iron Hands

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Techmarine: Boltgun, Frag & Krak grenades, Power axe, Servo-arm Relic Ironstone

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy flamer, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor Fist

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor Fist

Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Redemptor Fist

As much as I love the idea of Carab Culln benefiting from IH chapter traits I am struggling to marry up the fluff.

Red Scorpions honour the gene-seed above all so would abhor the IH love of bionic enhancement to me the two chapters are polar opposites. If they weren't I would be straight on to using RS as IH successors.

I usually prefer stormbolters in redemptors, more consistency

This - and you'll save points. Bolter discipline makes you always double tap with these, so you're looking at many more shots at a greater range with more shots on average. 

The poor fragstorm doesn't stand a chance. 

This - and you'll save points. Bolter discipline makes you always double tap with these, so you're looking at many more shots at a greater range with more shots on average.

I'd run them with SB's now but when I built them bolter discipline wasn't a thing so I'm kinda stuck with the Fragstorms due to wysiwyg being real strict in my area even for casual games. Same with the relic leviathan he was built for my 30k IH.

I've got a fire raptor which I'm gonna test at the weekend

I'd run them with SB's now but when I built them bolter discipline wasn't a thing so I'm kinda stuck with the Fragstorms due to wysiwyg being real strict in my area even for casual games. Same with the relic leviathan he was built for my 30k IH.

I've got a fire raptor which I'm gonna test at the weekend

That makes a ton more sense! Well, it's just a small amount of str4 shooting anyway and the points savings aren't huge, so I wouldn't stress about it.

Have you had an opportunity to play with it yet?

Played with the supplement, yeah that list is so op it's almost funny.

Yeah man. My redemptor (I only ever bring the one sucker) actually survived a game for once in my first IH post-supplement two weeks back.

The fact that he survived a game, was astonishing enough, the fact that he did it with 10 Wounds remaining even moreso.  That wasn't even the ironstone, just the repairs (half dmg stategem) and the invuln from Feirros allowed him to eat so many Deldar blasters and d-lances it wasn't funny.

I can imagine what a list like yours, with tons of effective dreads, might do.  Ol' redempty chewed through two venoms on turn one, then three (five man) squads on turn 2, ate so much fire, and then got healed for 6. After that they gave up and went after the repulsor, who again, with T8 and that invuln from feirros, then 6 repair next turn, just black-holed so much AT it wasn't funny.

Gold medal receiver of "Survived a game for once":

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Yeah tbh I love that we got a supplement and a character, but the supplement is so good and the character so cheap, that as someone who's played IH for nearly a decade in 40/30k if I bring a 100% fluffy list that I've been running varients of for years I'm suddenly "that guy" to everyone who doesn't know me. In 30k through ROW i rarely have more the 10 infantry in total

Yeah tbh I love that we got a supplement and a character, but the supplement is so good and the character so cheap, that as someone who's played IH for nearly a decade in 40/30k if I bring a 100% fluffy list that I've been running varients of for years I'm suddenly "that guy" to everyone who doesn't know me. In 30k through ROW i rarely have more the 10 infantry in total

Yeah man, I feel ya'.  Played Blood Angels from when I started in 98 (age 8) clean through to taking a break midway through 5th. The amount of crap I caught for how good BA were with the 5th ed. dex using even my 3rd-4th ed built army. Tacs, land raider, etc... was immense.  Really made me step back and not play as much.  Then I heard GK were coming out, bought some of them.  Found a cool combo with the psyfle dread, put a couple in my army for fun because it seemed cool. Then that entire dex, ESPECIALLY the psyfle dreads, became an absolute cancer once they started hitting tournaments. Never thought the combo I'd found myself was that good until I saw the face they were melting in bat reports, tournaments, etc...  Made me stop playing altogether from all the negativity.

Been doing IH (second favorite first founding behind Blood Angels) as my primaris marines  (Star phantoms because I love their paint scheme, their progenitors are unknown, and their love of dakka is very "Iron Hands") since start of collecting them. We're now officially rolling into "that guy" territory again with the release of one book.  At least for me, luckily, having a strict "Primaris stuff only" rule might save me the grumbling from others with me being just "effective" since I'm largely (majority) infantry.  I've already told my local shop I'm pricing Feirros at 160 from now on. That seems a far fairer price for him. 110 is coocoo-for-cocoa-puffs ludicrous.

Fluffy, dread-heavy list is sure to get you some scowls, undeservedly. I figure, so long as you avoid the big cheesers like the leviathan and such, or at least take him with one cannon arm and a fist (very iron hands-y) you'll be fine.

Edited by Dark Legionnare