Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 Points Death Guard Adepticon Team Tournament

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

Putting a list together to start building and painting for the Adepticon Team Tournament next year. Here is what I'm looking at right now, I have not played death guard much so would love some feedback from the filthier among us. 

Adepticon Base Detachment 

1-2 HQ

2-4 Troops

0-1 Other

5 CP

Death Guard Base Detachment

HQ - Daemon Prince of Nurgle, 2x Malefic Talons, Wings, Putrefaction, Suppurating Plate, Warlord

HQ - Typhus, Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

Troops - 19x Poxwalkers

Troops - 19x Poxwalkers

Elite - 10x Blightlord Terminators, Champion - Balesword, 2x Terminators - Flails, 7x Terminators - Axes

Total: 1000/1000

Fairly elite and resilient list. Meant to take attention away from a partner's firebase. Thoughts? 

Edited by Skorp, 26 September 2019 - 02:02 PM.

I ask myself what it means to be one of the Dark Angels. To protect mankind, purge the alien, cleanse the unclean? 

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 911 posts

I'd run the Poxwalkers as either bubble wrap for your HQs, or as interference for enemy fire support. All up to you. Blightlords should act as a massive hammer to be rammed into something, maybe run Typhus with the Poxwalkers and the Prince with the Blightlords. Always, ALWAYS advance Typhus and the Poxwalkers.

• Skorp likes this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
Thanks for your thoughts Zeph!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "interference for enemy fire support"?

Sounds like the list itself is good?

I ask myself what it means to be one of the Dark Angels. To protect mankind, purge the alien, cleanse the unclean? 

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 911 posts

Like, charge them into enemy fire support to block them, and use how relatively tanky Poxwalkers are for chaff infantry to make them survive Overwatch and the ensuing melee. Buff them with Typhus and go for it. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Blightlords in particular; they're super, super tanky and wreck face pretty well.

Yeah, I'd say it's an okay list overall. I will say Poxwalkers are only okay.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Skorp

Skorp

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts
What would you recommend to go with the daemon prince and the blightlords? Chaos cultists for troops?

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 911 posts

What would you recommend to go with the daemon prince and the blightlords? Chaos cultists for troops?

Cultists are alright. I'd say that they're actually not as good for screening as Poxwalkers, just because Poxwalkers are so relatively tough.

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 299 posts
I love big blobs of poxwalkers with typhus and the +1 strength and toughness (P.Vitality). Might not be uber competitive..but nothing makes me smile more than S5 T5 poxwalkers charging into marines lol

8.jpg

Armies:  Blood Angels, Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Renegade Knights.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users