On the hunt for some Cataphractii lightning claws

Okay, so. I've got this set of Blightlords sitting around. Since I've dissolved my Death Guard army in favor of Word Bearers, I'm wanting to run them as straight-up standard Chaos Terminators. However, the Flail isn't a weapon option for Chaos Terminators... so I'm on the hunt for some Lightning Claws for the lad. I don't have the bits left over to just swap out weapons with power axe/combi-bolter and be done with it (all got used) and I think it'd be pretty cool to have the one guy with lightning claws. Any good source for them? I know you can get them in a FW Upgrade pack, and if I'm not mistaken, they come with the base Cataphractii kit, but I'm looking for a simpler (cheaper) solution.

Just want one guy with lightning claws?  By the Lupercal, I've got a dozen or so around, so I can toss ya some in en envelope with a few if you want, mate.  The Catii plastic set does, indeed, come with a full set of lightning claws. So long as you have your own pauldrons though admitted I may even have some of those around. 

*The thing about working with a 30K army is you tend to have a ton of the terminator bits left over. 

Just want one guy with lightning claws?  By the Lupercal, I've got a dozen or so around, so I can toss ya some in en envelope with a few if you want, mate.  The Catii plastic set does, indeed, come with a full set of lightning claws. So long as you have your own pauldrons though admitted I may even have some of those around. 

*The thing about working with a 30K army is you tend to have a ton of the terminator bits left over. 

I appreciate it, but I'll pass. Much as I like this community, I'm not super comfortable giving out my info. Thanks anyway. ^^

You could cut down those flails and use the bigger ball as the head for a power maul. You were doing Word Bearers? Can't think of anything cooler than the incense burning power maul. 

Immediately went and did it, and it turned out pretty okay. I made him a combi-melta out of a meltagun and a spare combi-bolter out of the Blightlord kit itself. His maul's looking more like a staff, and he's holding it up toward the head, but it's fine.

Edit: By the way, the biggest ball on the flail is fused to another ball, so I used the third (separate) one.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

• 10 months later...