Geez I should have done this years ago

Thalidar

Hay guys, 

I'm now returning to the hobby after many years away (when the sisters actually had the witch hunter manual). A time when I started the hobby by painting up the start of a sisters of Battle team, along with their Immolator support. Alas I hated painting the metal miniature's faces and with it's tiny range I packed all but the Immolators away. (I still have it on display I loved it that much).  

So tried a few other ranges which the family liked Aeldari (daughter), Ork mobs (wife), and to a lesser degree some Forge world Badad wars Space Marines. Then out of the blue the local GW store closed down :(, I guess they got tired of baby sitting whilst the parents went shopping in the mall. Anyways as I didn't play, my motivation was more about the painting of them and with the store gone other life events took over. So into a box my collection went for hopefully another day.

6-7 years on and after a comment by my wife about why did I still have a painted Ork and a Terminator (both free give aways from WD mag) at pride of place on my computer desk things took a turn. Wouldn't you know it a short time later she's saying I should see about getting some more paints and finish what I started years ago if I wanted too. TBH, I wasn't sure but after checking out some you-tuber reviews about the current range it started to draw me back in. Especially as it wasn't the one box of to be painted kits but 3 boxes full of models I'd collected but never got too, SM's, FW models, Orks, Aeldari, CSM etc... yikes...    

What finally sold me though was Dark Imperium, 2 full sides and a promise from the wife she'd also give it a go as long as I did the painting...

So here I am feeling like a total noob painter, completely confused by what they did to SM's and the game, and a bucket load of new paints starting the  "Celestial Storm Fists" and their arch nemesis's "The Swamp Raiders". 

Really looking forward to being part of the ongoing B&C community and the inspiration you all bring.   

NB: how do you upload pictures?

Thalidar

Welcome!

Regarding images, I saw your post in the Sons of Dorn Expansion VI thread and saw you mention imgur. With imgur, are you using a computer or a phone? If the latter, I can't really help because I don't use my phone for that. But on a computer, if you upload an image to imgur (preferably in a folder, that way you can keep everything organized...ish) and hover over the picture there's a drop-down menu. You click "get share links" and the one that says BBCode (Forums) is the one you want.

• 2 weeks later...