Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kastelan Robot Repulsor Grid and Transport

Kastelan Adeptus Mechanicus Repulsor Grid Open-Topped Transport

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts

EDIT: Nevermind, answered in an FAQ updated shortly after I asked this...

The following scenario occurred in a game today:

A unit embarked on a transport with the Open-Topped rule shoots at a unit of AdMech Kastelan Robots. The Robots use their invulnerable save, and roll at least one 6. When a Kastelan Robot rolls a 6 for its invulnerable save, the unit that made the attack suffers a mortal wound.

In this scenario, what happens to the mortal wound(s) generated by the saves from the Robots? Are they applied to the unit that shot, the transport they are embarked upon, or do they have no effect?

Full scenario, as happened in-game:

Hidden Content

Edited by KhorneHunter57x, 28 September 2019 - 01:44 PM.

"We must thank the Emperor, I suppose, that it was Roboute Guilliman's gene-line that proved the most stable and prevalent. Had it been that of Russ or the Khan, for example, we would have found ourselves defended by feral savages barely distinguishable from our foes. At least the Ultramarines successors understand how to conduct war in a civilized fashion." - pg. 25, Codex Supplement: Ultramarines

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,001 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Since every datasheet can have their own version of a rule this edition it's always good to name the unit you are referring to as well. For this I just assume it has the same open-topped rule as the Ork Battlewagon.

In that case the embarked unit takes the wound. It's the embarked unit that shoots and the Kastelan robots throw mortal wounds against the unit that is shooting them.

Note that with T'au for example Drones that are 'embarked' on a Devilfish/Hammerhead/Piranha/flyer it works differently because the vehicle rule says that the vehicle is using the Drones weapons rather than the Drones actually shooting themselves.

• KhorneHunter57x likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

KhorneHunter57x

KhorneHunter57x

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,986 posts
Oops, good point. The Open-Topped unit was a Harlequin Starweaver.

Dealing the wounds to the embarked unit was how we eventually ruled it for our game, but we weren't sure of the answer.

Edited by KhorneHunter57x, 27 September 2019 - 12:01 PM.

"We must thank the Emperor, I suppose, that it was Roboute Guilliman's gene-line that proved the most stable and prevalent. Had it been that of Russ or the Khan, for example, we would have found ourselves defended by feral savages barely distinguishable from our foes. At least the Ultramarines successors understand how to conduct war in a civilized fashion." - pg. 25, Codex Supplement: Ultramarines

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,001 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Also, clarification from the latest AdMech FAQ:

Q: If a 6 is rolled for the invulnerable save granted by a
Kastelan Robot’s Repulsor Grid ability for an attack made
by a unit embarked upon a Transport with an ability such as
Open-topped or Extended Firing Deck, which unit is the mortal
wound allocated to, the embarked unit or the Transport?
A: The embarked unit that is making the attack suffers
the mortal wound.

• KhorneHunter57x likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kastelan, Adeptus Mechanicus, Repulsor Grid, Open-Topped, Transport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users