Allies Options

Aothaine

No, not really. Gue'vesa are different than just AM allies.

How so? I'm not to knowledgeable about this topic, but I remember reading that imperial worlds have joined the T'au Empire. I've even read that space marines have worked with the T'au as well.

Gue'Vesa are Humans who have switched to the Tau Empire's "greater good" however some notes.

First is the quick thing: Que'Vesa just means "Human Helpers" according to their codex so yea.

Secondly as far I am aware, they still worship the Emperor but instead go for the "greater good" (being the Emperor) and it is these worlds that are interesting as often they are worlds long abandoned by the imperium by all accounts, so the populace has no issue switching sides so to speak because well...not like they get support anyway. Ironic, by switching sides they get noticed and kind of prove why they switched sides to begin with!

Thirdly, While they do make use of their own gear the Tau Empire actually tend to give these Gue'Vesa access to Tau gear like Pulse Rifles and even the tanks (and by all accounts, that gear tends to be well received considering most guardsmen normally get thrown a lasgun and nothing more really). Really, you wouldn't be outside of bounds converting guardsmen to using pulse rifles and calling them Fire Warriors. It is actually one of the cooler aspects of collecting tau is the conversions you can do thanks to tau auxiliaries.

Last, it would be certainly cool in the future for when Tau Empire get their new codex we get their main codex + 2 supplements of Far'Sight Enclave and Auxiliaries (including Gue'Vesa). Would certainly let them triple dip on Guardsmen kits again (Astra, GSC and then Gue'Vesa).

That chapter approved article back in 3rd had Gue'Vesa as a troops unit of 10 with guardsman statlines and pulse carbines.

I don't remember clearly but I think the sarge was forced (or had the option?) to take a pulse pistol + CCW instead.

A modern reimagining would hopefully have more interesting options.