=][= Bolter & Chainsword Donation Drive 2019 =][=

As of early this morning, we have collected $750.

That's a great amount for the short time that the donation drive has been running. Thank you to everyone that has donated so far - every little bit helps to keep this great site up and running.

Donation is made. Anyway, maybe you could clarify, if it makes sense to use paypal‘s function to transfer in other currencies.... dollars or pounds etc.

The account belongs to Argos, so donations in £ would be best but it's not a big deal as all the conversion and stuff is automated so whatever works for you :)

Thank you to everyone donating, it is appreciated and all makes a difference :thumbsup:

Just donated. Would gladly back a B&C patreon to give monthly instead of a recurring paypal donation, just an idea

Not affiliated with the B&C, but in Brother Argos's thread I had the same thought, and I've been thinking about it much more since. With a requirement for $3000 a year, if we got 1000 people to donate only $0.25(!) / month (plus whatever the payment processor takes), the hosting needs could be covered before the annual donation drive even started. Then the proceeds from the donation drive could go toward further improvements to an already great service. Or cover some of the out of pocket costs that I’m sure get swept under the rug now and then, or, or, or ...

Guys, assume the admins have looked into things like Patreon for this. ;) There may be requirements the board doesn't meet to be funded in that fashion per the different crowd-sourcing sites.

Not surprised to hear this - it's reasonable to think that the folks running an internet forum might be fairly 'net savvy, and isn't meant as an insult. The math is so compelling on that model, though, it seems like there must be an appropriate service to make it easy. In my business, shifting our revenue generation from sporadic to recurring has been incredibly powerful.

Anyway, I’ll leave it with you. Thanks again!