Off to WHW in October, what to buy...

Jolemai

Heading to Warhammer World this October for the first time in a couple of years. I have around £100 to spend but could probably push the boat out on a few pence more. What, aside from beer, should I spend my cash on? I imagine it will be Forgeworld and BA-related...

Currently own the following (so don't really need...):

• WHW Command Tanks
  • Cerberus
  • Sicaran Battle Tank
  • Scorpius Whirlwind
  • Whirlwind Hyperios
  • Leviathan Dreadnought (non-BA, Grav, claw)
  • BaC Contemptor Dreadnought (non-BA, lascannon, multimelta, kheres, fist, chainfist)
  • BaC Cataphractii, Tartaros, Mk III, Mk IV, Cataphractii Praetor
  • Jetbike x1 (requires two more for minimum squad size, or use as a character)
  • Tarantula - Lascannon (2), heavy bolter, multi-melta, assault cannon, air defense radar dish (now used for a Damocles conversion)

What would you get?

Are you after 30k/40k specifically or is it a general thing? Also is it filling gaps, cool models, or both?

The BA Leviathan is a lovely beast, as is the BA Contemptor - both should tick spiffy models and rules :smile.: Also the Praetors are nice and fancy, could easily make Captains or a Lieutenant? Raldoron is pretty cool too, maybe with his retinue also if you want to blow it all in one for some 30k?

I have the Pokémon approach to my Blood Angels so it's a case of whatever takes my fancy really. There's nothing I strictly need but I'd prefer something that could be run in both 40k and 30k - so sadly, things like a Legion Basilisk are low down the list despite being gorgeous.

BA levi with dual storm cannons and a praetor?

Tempting, I do want two and the BA one eventually...

I also got a feeling, that you might be the one to like the look of a Land Raider Proteus.

And how about Deredeo dreadnought?

Definitely, but armoured or unarmoured? Hmm.

As for the Deredeo, I'd like one of those too however a friend of mine would shake his head in disgust everytime he sees me...

Ignoring the fact that I don't like resin and FW prices ... if I were to get something I'd get either the new 30k Leviathan, Contemptor or Crimson Paladins. Simply awesome models even if you have that unit type already. ^^

Noticing a pattern here :) The Paladins would be a nice touch but I have to build a force around them...

BA Leviathan is great as is the Power Armoured Preator.

If you don't really have a Contemptor though the BA one is also fit.

Aye, I could get another "Captain" and a second Contemptor - and three lascannon arms to fully WYSIWYG both of them...

Whichever You like more;)

If you want to use it in 40k, the unarmored version seems more flexible as the kit will allow easy use as either a Phobos or a Relic Proteus. The armored version kit comes with HB mounted on the front. Although it shouldn't be very hard to fit a MM inside, it will require some effort.

Whichever You like more;)

If you want to use it in 40k, the unarmored version seems more flexible as the kit will allow easy use as either a Phobos or a Relic Proteus. The armored version kit comes with HB mounted on the front. Although it shouldn't be very hard to fit a MM inside, it will require some effort.

Tempted by them all tbh. Even like the idea of a Helios.

I'm in a similar quandary tho I'm off in November. I'm not going for a contemptor because I already have 2 (1 x dual fist, 1 BaC)so I'm saving for the jump pack version when he comes out...

Already have leviathan, might pick up those crimson paladins tho

Forgot about the jump pack one, will be very interesting when it arrives :)

I'm leaning towards a Dreadnought Drop Pod (to save me from proxying them), or a Xiphon (want to do a Flyer Wing one day), or three quad mortars (we still like these, right?).

Also need another Contemptor lascannon to save me from proxying, and at least another ranged weapon for my Leviathan.

Landspeeder tempest is a cool looking model. Having said that though, if and when I ever make it to WHW, I'd only really ever buy anything I can't get elsewhere, so apart from the WHW exclusive miniatures, i d be buying merch. Also I got told by a red shirt years ago they've got this Burger that is a heart attack just waiting to happen, so I'd definitely have money put aside for Bugman's. But yeah, I'd buy stuff exclusive to WHW even if its just some cool T-shirts and other such memorabilia. For me, why I want to go to WHW eventually, is for the exhibits, get a photo with the rhino, Bugman's, that sort of stuff

Landspeeder tempest is a cool looking model. Having said that though, if and when I ever make it to WHW, I'd only really ever buy anything I can't get elsewhere, so apart from the WHW exclusive miniatures, i d be buying merch. Also I got told by a red shirt years ago they've got this Burger that is a heart attack just waiting to happen, so I'd definitely have money put aside for Bugman's. But yeah, I'd buy stuff exclusive to WHW even if its just some cool T-shirts and other such memorabilia. For me, why I want to go to WHW eventually, is for the exhibits, get a photo with the rhino, Bugman's, that sort of stuff

That's the Ogre Burger and it's not too bad by all accounts. I just find their burgers/sandwiches a little dry at times. There's always money available for Bugman's and they have a Primaris colouring sheet that I'll grab for my kids too :)

Exclusives/merchantandise will depend on what's available - they don't post a list anymore. There's a reimagined RT Land Speeder (FW do a different version) which is tempting, as is a Tempest. Hmm...

Good to go with a rough idea but before you buy them look around the exhibitions first. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they have a good painted section of the forgeworld Blood Angel models (which was almost empty when went earlier in the year). When you see them painted in the flesh it will probably make the decision a bit easier. Its mostly just the Blood Angel's specific kits but the Land speeder looked great as well. They all look so much better in the flesh. The Leviathan is absolutely stunning.

Good to go with a rough idea but before you buy them look around the exhibitions first. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they have a good painted section of the forgeworld Blood Angel models (which was almost empty when went earlier in the year). When you see them painted in the flesh it will probably make the decision a bit easier. Its mostly just the Blood Angel's specific kits but the Land speeder looked great as well. They all look so much better in the flesh. The Leviathan is absolutely stunning.

It certainly will be tempting :O Do I really need two atm...? Edited by Jolemai

Considered a Spartan to get your dudes in assault faster?

Otherwise I'd suggest the BA Levi wth storm cannon and siege fist.

Thoughts on Sanguinius?

Hadn't considered a Spartan. Can certainly make that work!

Sanguinius is a no for the moment... One HH game every two years isn't a good investment (and I'd need to rebuild to accommodate him).