Updated models

TorvaldTheMild

I'm not being ungrateful but did anyone else wish they would have updated some of the more :cussty looking models before the banshees?  Banshees are one of my favourite units but warp spiders, dark reapers and swooping hawks really need an update more, banshees still look great and make the army look great and lets face it we all have a tonne of them already.  I hope they did this because they are planning to do a lot more eldar releases, I mean it is the 'psychic awakening'.

I have zero Banshee models, so perfectly happy they started there and looking forward to seeing more of them - as I said before, I would definitely be interested in some variant heads that are closer to the old squid ones. Do I want more? Sure, but I fully expect that they are coming at some point, or the meta-story will somehow phase out the Aspects for Craftworlds - just a wait-and-see situation.

I would have preferred some other aspects first as I:

1. Have 30+ already with representatives from each edition

2. Believe S3 and the current meta largely keep them in the case

3. My dark reapers look absolutely naff next to my other aspect models.

That said, I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm not being ungrateful but did anyone else wish they would have updated some of the more :cussty looking models before the banshees?  Banshees are one of my favourite units but warp spiders, dark reapers and swooping hawks really need an update more, banshees still look great and make the army look great and lets face it we all have a tonne of them already.  

Well I have zero Howling Banshees in my collection and think the Warp Spiders still hold up pretty well after all these years. It's your opinion, not necessarily the prevailing one.

That said I do think (hope) this will just be the first of many updates to come.

I would have preferred some other aspects first as I:

1. Have 30+ already with representatives from each edition

2. Believe S3 and the current meta largely keep them in the case

3. My dark reapers look absolutely naff next to my other aspect models.

That said, I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Always like fielding them, I'm not fussed if they aren't the best unit, they are great for breaking through gunlines.

I don't mind which order they update the Aspect Warriors I just hope they do them all sooner rather then later. 

That's the big thing for me. People are more likely to start Eldar armies (in my mind) if there is a comprehensive revamp, ala CSM earlier this year, than if they just do a kit or two every now and again.

I don't mind which order they update the Aspect Warriors I just hope they do them all sooner rather then later. 

That's the big thing for me. People are more likely to start Eldar armies (in my mind) if there is a comprehensive revamp, ala CSM earlier this year, than if they just do a kit or two every now and again.

I don't think that's a major problem though, Eldar still have a lot of up to date models.  Its mainly just the Aspect warriors and phoenix lords that really show its age.  and even at that Striking Scorpions, Banshees, Fire Dragons, Maugan Ra, Asurman and Karandras and Fuegan (though I hate their static poses) all still look good.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild

For me as a Biel-tan fan, the lack of plastic Aspect Warriors is what has stopped me collecting Eldar over the last ten years, as they have been seriously considered every time I started a new army but I hate multi part metal especially on thinner models and obviously I am not buying the resin GW sells. 

A full range of new Aspect Warriors would make me happily put hundreds of pounds down on a new army, so hopefully it is not just Banshees and the rest left to linger for years. 

For me as a Biel-tan fan, the lack of plastic Aspect Warriors is what has stopped me collecting Eldar over the last ten years, as they have been seriously considered every time I started a new army but I hate multi part metal especially on thinner models and obviously I am not buying the resin GW sells. 

A full range of new Aspect Warriors would make me happily put hundreds of pounds down on a new army, so hopefully it is not just Banshees and the rest left to linger for years. 

I collect Biel Tan as well and I also agree that, that sucks.  Though It hasn't stopped me collecting, it sucks buying and painting ancient models but as a WE, DG, Sisters collector I've just gotten used to it through the years.  I stopped collecting SW's though because of the Primaris range, its no longer the army I recognised or fell in love with, I'll keep my models but I don't see myself collecting any more, probably Russ coming back won't even give me a new love for them, but I'm not that bummed out about it as WE are my primary army and CSM have just gotten better with the new releases.

Edited by TorvaldTheMild