Marvel and GW

Knockagh

The new Conan arc is entire new, there is a 5 issue run on his youth a story as yet untold. Issue one was a silent movie, no speech (excluding some foreign language)

Dr Aphra is star war Chiapas Cain, not everyone’s cup of tea.

The newer Vader runs have shed a lot of the early mistakes.

Anyway I get that people are wary of Disney and rightly so, big corporations are dangerous to established IPs, and Disney have a poor history with delicate things. They may demand their own spin on things but I’m fairly confident here, GW have a long established published arm with a solid feel to it. They have always been super cautious in protecting the IP. We will see what happens.

They have asked for suggestions on who we would like to see in comic format. I will definitely be writing off to say I would love to have the Ghosts storyline. Cain would be another. Inquisition stories are slow burners and I think they are better in novel form than explosive storylines comics require. A naval book based on one of the fleets would be cool

We should wait and see what will hit us.

Analyzing Marvel might be fun but doesn't help us any further.

I'm carefully optimistic. Could be cool, could be desastrous. Haven't read any comic in years now so I'm not in the position to judge upon that news.

marvel have put out some very dark stuff over the past decade. whether that equals “adult” is another thing...

What’s adult then? I’m not sure what you mean or want. I’ve two kids and if it’s too dark it’s nots not for their eyes, ears or whatever. Kids often struggle work between fiction and reality. So dark content isn’t usually suitable for kids.

When Conan moved back from Dark Horse to Marvel everyone had the same concerns and I haven’t heard anyone make any noises to say those fears were justified. If anything the marvel run has been even more brutal than DH. Most fans have been blown away by what Marvel have done.

i don’t “want” anything, simply noting that a lot of marvel’s output can or has been “darker”

maybe i should also make a distinction between “adult” and “mature”.

@ Knockagh

"The new Conan arc is entire new, there is a 5 issue run on his youth a story as yet untold."

Is it better than Dark Horse's Conan run in the 2000s? That also covered his youth and I think the art and story were both quite good.

=][= As there is nothing besides the announcement of their collaboration, this thread will be looked until then.

After rereading the entire thread, I've only seen assumptions, hopes and a lot of talk about either Marvel in general or it's related products from other IPs. Both are not part of this boards philosophy, especially the later.

This thread will be reopened when we receive new information about 40K comics. =][=