Chapter Approved 2019 - Speculation

Grimdark_Garage

Legion Traits apply to Chaos vehicles. I know it doesn't help, say, Word Bearers, but it would bring CSM a little more in line with Loyalists.

It helps the one time someone tries to Mind War a CSM Rhino?

CA2019...

WD Index Assassins,

Cost adjustments

hand flamer errata for blood angels (back to D6 shots)

codex kroot

open play/ campaign map + rules

12 new missions.

edit + rules for Zone Moralis (or however its written :p)

Edited by Slasher956

I kinda hope they put a limit on Captains in a detachment like they did for Tau commanders and daemon princes.

And the same for Shield Captains and every Badass Hq going forward.

Or, perhaps have it be 1 captain per Battalion (with Max sized squads)

Whilst (from a lore perspective) I also dislike multiple captains in a detachment, the captains are nowhere near as powerful as Tau commanders and flyrants. Yes, smash captains etc can be amazing but you have to invest a lot into them whereas the things that have been limited are good straight out of the box. I don’t think they’ll limit them.

For wolves.

I'd like 15 pt drop on the storm wolf, and a20 pt drop on the wolf/fang multimelta

I'd like to see a 25 pt drop on the storm fang.

Twolves need a rules adjustments or a point drop

Been thinking about this subject...

1) There's a real chance there won't be a Chapter Approved what with all these adjusting rules just coming out. Outside chance but there nonetheless. It could get put back to next year.

2) I suspect we might see Tactical Restraint changed. Adept of the Codex in Supplement Ultramarines specifics you can only get it once and what with the likes of Phobos Phobos Psychic power and the Ultramarines power granting a CP without the specification, I reckon things could change.

I kinda hope they put a limit on Captains in a detachment like they did for Tau commanders and daemon princes.

Whilst (from a lore perspective) I also dislike multiple captains in a detachment, the captains are nowhere near as powerful as Tau commanders and flyrants. Yes, smash captains etc can be amazing but you have to invest a lot into them whereas the things that have been limited are good straight out of the box. I don’t think they’ll limit them.

Tau who Only shoot, have middling shooting. We don't have the Jump shoot jump ability to make the 4+ ballistic skill more tolerable, and on "elites" a bs of 4+ is an insult.

Tweak some crisis weapons (plasma rifle) and bring back jsj and give them bs3+ and the desire for Commander spam goes down.

As it is I exclusively play my Tau in 7th and 30k games.

I'd be fine with getting just the BS3+ for more elite units even to be honest. BS4+ is just so unreliable and getting 5+ Markerlights to be able to shoot about as good as Marines is just silly. Especially when you have to hit with those against units with negative hit modifiers.

Tau who Only shoot, have middling shooting. We don't have the Jump shoot jump ability to make the 4+ ballistic skill more tolerable, and on "elites" a bs of 4+ is an insult.

Tweak some crisis weapons (plasma rifle) and bring back jsj and give them bs3+ and the desire for Commander spam goes down.

As it is I exclusively play my Tau in 7th and 30k games.

That still doesn’t change the fact that commanders are much more powerful than captains right out of the box and that’s why they were limited and why I don’t think captains will be.

Maybe Tau do need some tweaks overall, fair enough if they do. Although I have to say, JSJ was one the most unfun mechanics I’ve ever played against and I’m glad it’s gone. However, I will admit I am still surprised at the low BS skill on elite units so I agree with you there.