Chapter Approved 2019 - Speculation

Grimdark_Garage

The big difference honestly is that Commanders do their damage via shooting which they can do comfortably from 18" (or more if you take Plasma or Missile Pods) away behind screens and everything so they can't get shot back while Marine Captains do their damage via melee which puts them in great danger.

However the restriction of 1 per detachment got added to the Codex before there was a "max 3 of a Datasheet" recommendation for tournaments so if GW would consolidate all three Commander variants into a single Datasheet again they could just remove the 1 per detachment restriction without much of an impact in tournament games while being less of a hassle for non-tournament players.

Honestly, Tau just need a support system that raise raises the bs skillto 3+

Maybe, but that wouldn't help Crisis Suits at all. 2 weapons at BS3+ is worse than 3 weapons at BS4+. It's pretty much the same situation as the ATS support system.

Not to mention that for big suits it would do the same as the Target Lock except that it would also give a bonus when not moving, further promoting stationary castle gameplay.

Edited by sfPanzer

Honestly, Tau just need a support system that raise raises the bs skillto 3+

Maybe, but that wouldn't help Crisis Suits at all. 2 weapons at BS3+ is worse than 3 weapons at BS4+.

True. Maybe make the crisis suits bs3, and that's the benefit of them over the other suits?

Yep. People sometimes need to adjust what they use. How many are running flamers?

People shouldn't need to unless it's because of the meta. If the unit is lacking then GW should fix it instead of the player having to suck it up and adjust.

Yep. People sometimes need to adjust what they use. How many are running flamers?

People shouldn't need to unless it's because of the meta. If the unit is lacking then GW should fix it instead of the player having to suck it up and adjust.

Yep.

Give them bs3+ and you have a reason to take other weapons on them besides flamer or fusion.

Or give them something to make them feel like crisis suits, jsj as standard?

Give them bs3+ and you have a reason to take other weapons on them besides flamer or fusion.

Or give them something to make them feel like crisis suits, jsj as standard?

I disagree. With BS3+ you could also take BC, Plasma or CIBs and it'd be worthwhile. Yes I know you don't like the current form of the Plasma and I agree it feels lacking, but for the points it's not a bad pick already.

I honestly really don't care about JSJ. It was a neat gimmick but very frustrating for the opponent to play against. Having a durable (T5 W3 Sv3+ and potentially drone protection is really nice) shooty platform with FLY keyword is a different but not worse dynamic. I greatly enjoy to shoot, charge, fall back&shoot with most of my army instead of the old jsj.

I think BS3+ on generic units should be reserved for Eldar variants, Necrons, Astartes and a few elite factions like Sisters.

Good thing Crisis Suits aren't generic. They are the T'au veterans and it's an honour to be allowed to pilot one.

Edited by sfPanzer

They aren't unique either. And before you say they have technology to improve their aim, then we should all be asking why any vehicle doesn't gain better BS over standard infantry units.

Space Marine Veterans don't have BS2+ either. Characters do, and I'll even argue that Tau commanders should be BS 3+, and not 2+

Edited by Ishagu

Issue isn't lore ishagu, it's making them viable and fun and usable. Just taking flamerson then to ignore there flaw doesn't fix them.

Bs3, means they will be used. And more variety of builds open. Suits aren't cheap

With a new codex release cycle happening, I doubt either of the following will happen, but I'd love to see these changes across the entire game.

1. Revamping heavy weapons that have a damage characteristic of D6 to be either 2D3 or 3+D3 damage depending on the weapon. Strength 7 or lower 2d3, strength 8 or higher 3+d3. Heavy weapons are too damn swingy right now no matter what your faction is, though especially those without any kind of reroll support.

2. Assault weapons that have a random shot characteristic getting changed appropriately. It makes no sense that a flamer or a heavy flamer only hits 1-2 people. Just go with 3+d3 like above on d6 hit weapons and 6+d6 for 2d6 hit weapons, though with the stipulation that the weapon can never cause more hits than the total models in the target unit (special rules that cause extra hits notwithstanding).

Honestly, I wish they'd just bring back templates. Id much rather wait the extra two minutes for the Ork or Tyranid player to space their models out if it means I'm not getting single hits and wounds on weapons that should be doing far more. Buuuut, that's a pipe dream at this point :rolleyes:

They aren't unique either. And before you say they have technology to improve their aim, then we should all be asking why any vehicle doesn't gain better BS over standard infantry units.

Space Marine Veterans don't have BS2+ either. Characters do, and I'll even argue that Tau commanders should be BS 3+, and not 2+

Nobody said anything about being unique. Do you just try to pull 'arguments' out of nowhere for no reason?

LEGENDS!

yep finally remembered (it came up in a discussion in the eldar sub forum)... GW said they were going to publish the legends datasheets...

thats half a CA right there and guarenteed sales :(

Oh I forgot about that. Yeah that will the big release for sure.