Your Dark Apostle Conversions?

Macbeefin

Hi all, 

I'm looking to build myself a new Dark Apostle for my World Eaters - I do like the GW model but am looking to make something unique. I would love to see any Dark Apostles you lot have made up, no matter the legion or warband, for a bit of inspiration! 

I went for a bit of an agnostic look, as my warband are recently turned (in the galactic scheme that is):

gallery_30308_10249_18119.jpg

I think it's a mix of about five different kits at least? His pistol hand is magnetised too :smile.: An Apostle is at the very basic level a maul weapon of some sort, so as long as you tick that off you can pretty much do whatever you want :biggrin.:

Don't forget to let us know when you build yours :thumbsup:

I mean, he's literally just an unmodified Noise Marine... but I think it's an effective "conversion", or... more like a proxy, I guess? I imagine he bashes people with his guitar and shoots them with the bolt weapon part, rather than actually carrying a Crozius and pistol. I dunno, it was a cool concept, and I guess it worked, because ain't nobody complained yet, and he's sparked a whole Word Bearers army (one CSM squad with Shadowspear's loadout minus one point short of 2k at the moment) so I guess he's done his job.

med_gallery_137555_15809_1230465.jpg

Started as a "primaris turned into bigger possessed" (Grater possessed did not exist when I started to work on him) but somehow managed to impose himself as a Dark Apostole during conversion.

20180115 Apos

20180115 Aposbk

apostole

Apostole bk

I am working on him right now and probably paint him for Call of Chaos

Edited by Filkarion

Un2STFr.jpg

My DA converted from bits in the new CSM box, the Crozius is just the Maul shaft with the top of one of the backpack icons.

(He's quite blinged out with fancy armour and the other pack icon because in my fluff for my Malal warband a DA doesn't lead the brethren in the worship of Chaos, but is rather a brave individual who willingly does his best to attract the attention of the Powers and draw them away from the rest of the Chapter. He'll be painted as younger than the other characters in the army, as DAs don't tend to live too long!)

Converted from the loyalist master of ceremonies or signals or something...

Hidden Content
Dark apostle Angra of the Psychopomps, former master of sanctity of the Stygian Guard.

med_gallery_63428_9407_397164.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_434717.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_97674.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_109963.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_340495.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_153140.jpg

His crozius. I put some scratches on the haft as, with that left hand claw it's not going to go unblemished.

med_gallery_63428_9407_223511.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_93260.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_241400.jpg

Lust...Hate...Agony...Bliss

med_gallery_63428_9407_217698.jpg

His Caryatid and scroll.

med_gallery_63428_9407_16872.jpgmed_gallery_63428_9407_85423.jpg

Cloak

med_gallery_63428_9407_253531.jpg

med_gallery_63428_9407_460507.jpg

I thought I could do a decent OSL effect on the holo-table but I couldn't, so disregard that... :P

My idea was that my Alpha Legion doesn't have a guy shouting profanities during battle, so here's a crappy picture of my Alpha legion Tacticus.

gallery_61265_13297_11575.jpg

Here's the one I'm currently working on as Warlord for my Word Bearers army.

Mnf. I'm a sucker for good fleshy tube effects. I'm seeing Obsidius, the mace out of Dark Vengeance... what else...? What's that head from?

So the head is from the same place as the mace, (used to be cradled in his arm) plus green stuff  thereto make it fit. Then there is a chainmail tabard cut from a shadowspear marine and he will have the master of possessions backpack and a book at his waist taken from the exalted sorcerers kit.

Well, here’s mine from my dark mechanicus themed World Eaters (BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD COG!!). He’s based off of an AoS, um, Bloodsecrator I think it’s called. Power maul, a pistol at his hip in a holster, some mechanicus bits here and there, etc.

Sorry, I’m to old to figure out how to embed photos, so you’ll have to just live with links.

https://ibb.co/DkSyyWT

https://ibb.co/RvXtHXJ

https://ibb.co/QF8mmdk

Thought I'd share my Dark Aposthecary. My renegade warband, The Korven are relatively recently turned and haven't fully embraced the dark gods yet. I didn't feel a preacher fit the theme, so i decided to kitbash this guy as my Dark Apostle. His prayers are combat stims, cooked up by him and his assistants.

wpr3HdC.jpg

Thought I'd share my Dark Aposthecary. My renegade warband, The Korven are relatively recently turned and haven't fully embraced the dark gods yet. I didn't feel a preacher fit the theme, so i decided to kitbash this guy as my Dark Apostle. His prayers are combat stims, cooked up by him and his assistants.

Good job on the models and their backstory. Your Dark Apostle's colors remind me of the Death Guard, though. Is this a coincidence, a deception (e.g., the Korven want Mortarion's sons to take the fall for crimes your warband committed), or have the Korven pledged themselves to Nurgle?

I'm probably going to just use my christmas Noise Marine as Dark Apostle for my EC, however I'm still waiting for a potential Codex to see if Dark Apostles will still be a thing for them or whether there might be a more fitting HQ that may or may not require some additional conversion work. So for now he's sitting in his box waiting. ^^

Mine was a kitbash / conversion from a Primaris marine, I used quite a few bits from the Terminator Lord sprue as well as the Icon from the new CSM sprue. Can't see it from this angle but he also has a book hanging from a hook on his waist.

gallery_104427_14785_377331.jpg

I'm probably going to just use my christmas Noise Marine as Dark Apostle for my EC, however I'm still waiting for a potential Codex to see if Dark Apostles will still be a thing for them or whether there might be a more fitting HQ that may or may not require some additional conversion work. So for now he's sitting in his box waiting. ^^

Good to know this is a thing and I'm not crazy for doing it.