Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IX legion - a 30/40k Blood Angels plog

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ CICATRIX ASCENSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts
Now When my Iron Hands-Army is completed and my Dark angel Ravenwing-force is nearly completed, i throw myself into the warm embrace of IX legion.

This will be a 30k as well as a 40k-army. A few units like primaris, Death company and the like will, ofcourse belong in 40k. Dawnbreaker and angels tears, in 30k

First of:

E3EC1871911C42B9A1FF.jpeg
61B96A5BCA484CDDB796.jpeg
1A2BC1FD33074579887D.jpeg
9869F9D23792411F9666.jpeg

• Zebulon and LameBeard like this

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Is that contrast? It looks great!
  • Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

Thank you! No not contrast, just plain olโ€™ painting ๐Ÿ˜€

Hintzy

Hintzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts

In that case I'm glad you didn't take it as an insult, it does look good. Very dark, which is how I paint my army.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

In that case I'm glad you didn't take it as an insult, it does look good. Very dark, which is how I paint my army.

๐Ÿ˜Š yeah I like my armies dark and sinister, they are the angels of death afterall ๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿฝ

Jรธnke

Jรธnke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Looks great. Very crisp recess shading. Gotta start on my own hh marines soon....ish.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
  • Location:The Darkest Depths of the Eye etc Cheshire, United Kingdom

Looking good Johanhgg, can`t wait to see what's next happy.png

• Johanhgg likes this

Blood Angels 3rd Company 8th Edition - Won /Draw /Loss : 2/1/3

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20,379 posts

Lovely start, the gold is excellent.

• Johanhgg likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,782 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your models are beautifully painted.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts
Thanks a ton guys! Its comments like yours that keeps me motivated to complete this Army!

2 more terminators started and more work on the other two.

6ACC933C57BA4AE8B34A.jpeg
2CE3263F390D4967A3DD.jpeg

• brother_b likes this

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,136 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Nice job on the bases. Simple, but effective. How much work is there with those tiles?
  • Johanhgg likes this

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_9630.jpggallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_48988_15465_18311.png gallery_105306_14812_7522.png gallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_4261.gifgallery_105306_14812_1229.gif

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

Nice job on the bases. Simple, but effective. How much work is there with those tiles?

Thanks alot brother! Tbh its zero work. I bought some sheets of textured plastic and just glued on bases๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Bought plastic rods and tubes as well for debris!

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Sometimes the simplest ways are the best happy.png Keep it up brother, is it going to be a 10 man squad of termies or just a 5 man? 

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

Sometimes the simplest ways are the best happy.png Keep it up brother, is it going to be a 10 man squad of termies or just a 5 man?

Thanks man! I got another cataphractii squad waiting and a tartaros-squad. Working simultaniously on tacticals and assaultmarines ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Soulhunter1995 likes this

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Sounds good to me happy.png Are you equipping your cataphractii with dual lightning claws or one claw and a pistol?  

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

Sounds good to me happy.png Are you equipping your cataphractii with dual lightning claws or one claw and a pistol?

Im magnetizing everything so in 40k they will have LCs and in 30k they will have assaultcannon/volkites and chain/powerfist.

Im not impressed over the fact that cataphractii only can have hvy flamer in 40k ๐Ÿ˜•

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Yeah, that's probably the smartest way to do it happy.png I know the feeling though, for a unit that is so slow, it needs something a bit longer ranged than a heavy flamer dry.png

• Johanhgg likes this

james71989

james71989

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
I love the red, care to share you receipe? I have a large chunk of blood angels that need painted to go with my fully painted sanguinius
  • Johanhgg likes this

gallery_62972_14467_40478.pngETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

I love the red, care to share you receipe? I have a large chunk of blood angels that need painted to go with my fully painted sanguinius

Thanks brother! Its quite easy tbh. Red spray undercoat (i use Mephiston Red) -> coat of Mephiston Red -> drybrush wild Ryder red (not only edges but all areas catching light) -> wash of 1/3 secret weapon soft body black wash/lahman medium -> done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts
More progress:

BAE0058640904C57A19E.jpeg
632A83AD0AD94A77A540.jpeg

• Soulhunter1995 likes this

Soulhunter1995

Soulhunter1995

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts

Looking good brother happy.png I forgot how much I loved the heresy era combi-weapons wub.gif

• Johanhgg likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,782 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
You're a skilled modeler and painter.
  • Johanhgg likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 965 posts

Looking good brother happy.png I forgot how much I loved the heresy era combi-weapons wub.gif

Thanks alot brother! More will come:)

You're a skilled modeler and painter.

As always, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users