Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More BT rumors - Psychic Awakening Book 2?

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

If true they are getting the LRC and disengage buffs ive wanted for wolves for years....

funny thing because I was so envious about your +1 to hit rule^^.

But thats very Templar-like.

• PeteySödes likes this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

These sound amazing! I cam't to hear what our normally grumpy BT friends think about it

They won’t be pleased

why... the rules might be very strong. A opponent that doesnt engage out of combat is one of the best things for a melee army ( especially when their hardest strikers are characters who cannot surround other units )

Who better than the EC?

EC can also stand for Emperor's Children...

Doesn't mean your sentence is wrong though msn-wink.gif

the truth children of the emperor^^

if there are no new models, that's pretty much says it all about where BT stand iternally with GW, doesn't it?

depends on the sprue... if there is nothing, so maybe you´re right here

Games Workshop does seem to be as stuck in this odd holding pattern in regards to the Black Templars. They never completely discard them, but they don't give them model support either. It begs the question: what are Games Workshop's goals with the Black Templars?

to be honest. Because they have access to Primaris - they received a lot. At first all Chapters should get their first character which had not yet (like IH have now). And then Eldar and sisters need theirs. At least a upgrade kit is something that GeDub should release now.

Games Workshop does seem to be as stuck in this odd holding pattern in regards to the Black Templars. They never completely discard them, but they don't give them model support either. It begs the question: what are Games Workshop's goals with the Black Templars?

We seem to be used as a plot device and everyone around us in the books gets new models, just not us. Well, aside from the whoooole slew of Primaris, but still.

It could be that we're in that limbo of important enough to include in fluff, not numerous enough as fans to cater to with a product. What sells for a whole Codex won't sell as well for a small supplement or sub-part of a Codex.

in this case we MUST get a new model ( our fanbase is much larger then a lot of other first founding chapters who still getting their models)

Edited by Medjugorje, 03 October 2019 - 10:52 PM.

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,453 posts
  • Faction: The Scions
Let's keep this on topic and constructive going forward please.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 885 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

Models and codexes sell, make the rules matter and they sell even more. Nowdays you really are squashed with primarinaded marines if you are along that path.

BT needs boost of dedicated models, even resculpts(old models, new sculpts), not primarinaded marines, will do.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,710 posts
There is not going around it, primaris are the future of the SM line.
Im a bit worried about our rules boost for the crusader.
Obviously Primaris do not use Land Raiders, and if BT do not get anything primaris model wise, it may not bode well in the long run. I do not expect a revisit in the next 4 years.

Edited by Sete, 03 October 2019 - 11:09 PM.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,902 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

i reckon the update you guys get will be swell, i reckon you'll get primaris emperors champ, and be allowed to use one or the other (but not both), plus a sprue. Should be good!

The land raider crusader thing is just a strat, all the new stuff has had strats aimed at non primaris, so i don't think there is anything to read into it!

Weeeeeee new black templars soon, who knows maybe there will be some nice swords/chainswords!

(p.s. yay at maybe blood angels whenever book 3 happens)

• Sete likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,595 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

Obviously Primaris do not use Land Raiders, and if BT do not get anything primaris model wise, it may not bode well in the long run. I do not expect a revisit in the next 4 years.

To be fair, White Scars got more than a few things for bikes, and they're in the same "no primaris - yet" category. You could still get enough other stuff that ignoring anything that wouldn't work on Primaris will still be great.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 7/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_18945.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pnggallery_48988_15738_9905.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_48988_15094_8250.pnggallery_48988_15094_13707.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,272 posts

If true they are getting the LRC and disengage buffs ive wanted for wolves for years....

funny thing because I was so envious about your +1 to hit rule^^.

But thats very Templar-like.

Haha right? When our powers combine we are.....one decently effective close combat army!
  • Slave to Darkness likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,321 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
A good reliable source said they will get an amazing Primaris Emperor’s Champion.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

i reckon the update you guys get will be swell, i reckon you'll get primaris emperors champ, and be allowed to use one or the other (but not both), plus a sprue. Should be good!

The land raider crusader thing is just a strat, all the new stuff has had strats aimed at non primaris, so i don't think there is anything to read into it!

Weeeeeee new black templars soon, who knows maybe there will be some nice swords/chainswords!

Maybe there is an option for that. But honestly I dont think so because it would be in the new codex space marines.

A good reliable source said they will get an amazing Primaris Emperor’s Champion.

dont play with my emotions^^

source?

Edited by Medjugorje, 04 October 2019 - 12:20 AM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

if there are no new models, that's pretty much says it all about where BT stand iternally with GW, doesn't it?

Does it?
i suspect i already know the answer to this - it's a 10 year old answer at this point, based on something i was told in 2009, so i suppose GW could have changed their strategy since then... but if there's no forth coming model support when even the Ironhands are getting it, i suspect the status quo endures and has not changed.

Edited by Wispy, 04 October 2019 - 01:21 AM.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

that would be wild. would change everything, actually.

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 443 posts
I don't see why they wouldn't get the full treatment. Supplement, upgrade sprue, new primaris character. They are a popular faction, surely more so than some of the other chapters we've seen releases for. I've seen one white scars army, and two salamanders in 7 years. I know of 5 or 6 local Black Templars players.
  • Black Blow Fly and Gederas like this

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,395 posts

Does it?
i suspect i already know the answer to this - it's a 10 year old answer at this point, based on something i was told in 2009, so i suppose GW could have changed their strategy since then... but if there's no forth coming model support when even the Ironhands are getting it, i suspect the status quo endures and has not changed.

think about Sisters, Squats ( at least 2 models yet), Plastic Warriors, True Scale Marines, Primarchs, full chapterspecialized rules, gaming balance (  best balance since ... cant remember... ever???). Everything the community used to critizes - There is very much changed in this way. Why not in this case?

Nandor The Relentless

Nandor The Relentless

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Pretty unhappy with with the news of no new BT mini's. And it's how I feel overall with the primaris line and the upgrade kits, they are under par as far as upgrading your primaris troops go, you get to make like one unique character and that's it. We need dedicated kits for chapters like a blood angels tactical squad or death wing terminators.
All in all its starting to all feel a bit like watered down space marines with little character unless you're a god level painter/converter.
I think most people have neither the time nor the money for that.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,242 posts

Does it?

think about Sisters, Squats ( at least 2 models yet), Plastic Warriors, True Scale Marines, Primarchs, full chapterspecialized rules, gaming balance (  best balance since ... cant remember... ever???). Everything the community used to critizes - There is very much changed in this way. Why not in this case?

well that's why i'm looking at this forthcoming campaign and using it as an indication. a model release signals the status quo of the last 15 years has ended.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,645 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I’m still holding out that next summer will be 8th Edition 2.0 and they will release a Sacrosanct Chamber equivalent since Primaris Releases have been almost 1 for 1 with the Stormcast release pattern for generic units. Things like Crusader Squads/Grey Hunters/BA assault squads will be replaced with one unit that can be taken by every chapter that is a dedicated infantry CC Unit, some anti-psyker elite unit, an artillery piece, and an expansion of the heros/LTs that are CC boosters.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

This happened to Bretonnia in WFB. They were this fifth wheel until silently killed off during the transition to AoS.

Doesn't mean BT will go the same way, but that's the standard protocol for these

And to stay relative to the discussion, any stratagem that buffs LRC is a win in my book.

Edited by Smirnov, 04 October 2019 - 08:01 AM.

Pain is an Illusion of Senses. Despair is an Illusion of the Mind.

gallery_42382_15810_13377.jpggallery_42382_15810_40009.jpg

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts

To be fair, White Scars got more than a few things for bikes, and they're in the same "no primaris - yet" category. You could still get enough other stuff that ignoring anything that wouldn't work on Primaris will still be great.

It's not for lack of repeating it, even if primaris are the future of the marine range in terms of models, classic marines are clearly NOT on the way out, at least from a rules perspective in the current edition. This has been very largely demonstrated by the new codex and the supplements. From what I have been told by my mates that are involved in tourneys (and I mean on a national level, not the local small meetup) both pure classic, pure primaris and mixed lists can be made viable, and the WS supplement in particular is clearly geared toward maintaining viability for old models (bikes especially).

And besides, we know that kikasstou does not have access to all the info on this release, so it's possible that there's a similar strat for primaris get off a whadumacallit. Unlikely, arguably, but possible.

Edited by Ciler, 04 October 2019 - 08:01 AM.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Smirnov

Smirnov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts

It's not for lack of repeating it, even if primaris are the future of the marine range in terms of models, classic marines are clearly NOT on the way out, at least from a rules perspective in the current edition. This has been very largely demonstrated by the new codex and the supplements. From what I have been told by my mates that are involved in tourneys (and I mean on a national level, not the local small meetup) both pure classic, pure primaris and mixed lists can be made viable, and the WS supplement in particular is clearly geared toward maintaining viability for old models (bikes especially).

And besides, we know that kikasstou does not have access to all the info on this release, so it's possible that there's a similar strat for primaris get off a whadumacallit. Unlikely, arguably, but possible.

On the business side of thing no one in their right mind would outright cancel a mini range. I know a few guys who outright quit their armies when news of primaris hit with the reasoning of 'I don't want to buy my army again'. And I get the feeling - I've got 250 OG marine bodies in my collection and I would die inside if I have to shelf them. So GW introduce new units without killing off old ones outright. It's a smart move and we've got at least a few more years of our old boys.

But on the other hand, the rules and model ranges are slowly crunching out first-born marines. For example, currently there is little reason to take tactical squads. There never was, mind you, but at least previously the choice was scouts or marines. Now if you want cheap troops, you go scouts, if you want good troops, you go intercessors, if you want some kinky troops, you go infiltrators. Tacticals are outside looking in.

I see the same stuff gradually happening to other oldmarines as well - with the appearance of better choices in slots or primaris choices that mimic old units (for example, primaris terminators and primaris bikers) old guys would fade away.

That is why seeing BT rules lifts my heart up - LRC is OG-marine only and so far I see a very strong combination of drop pods and land raiders delivering murderbois to the enemy. This list can be supplimented with primaris, but it's OG as hell.

PS: I'm not trying to start a first born vs primaris argument all over again, sorry if it came over like that. Just wanted to chip in on the matter of oldmarine support

Edited by Smirnov, 04 October 2019 - 08:11 AM.

Pain is an Illusion of Senses. Despair is an Illusion of the Mind.

gallery_42382_15810_13377.jpggallery_42382_15810_40009.jpg

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 411 posts

I’m still holding out that next summer will be 8th Edition 2.0 and they will release a Sacrosanct Chamber equivalent since Primaris Releases have been almost 1 for 1 with the Stormcast release pattern for generic units. Things like Crusader Squads/Grey Hunters/BA assault squads will be replaced with one unit that can be taken by every chapter that is a dedicated infantry CC Unit, some anti-psyker elite unit, an artillery piece, and an expansion of the heros/LTs that are CC boosters.

Hope is the first step towards disappointment.

• Black Blow Fly, Ammonius, Gederas and 1 other like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,710 posts

By the way this is going, i expect BA vs Nids to be out december.
If GW pumps out 1 book a month.

Im sure this is ending with a loyalist primarch returning. Ill put my money on the Lion.

The rules sound good, ( and primaris should be able to use Land Raiders, no excuse not to).
Now i want to see of GW will make Primaris Crusader Squads. I do not expect it to happen, but i would sure love it.

I feel it in my old bones that a model and a sprue will drop. It must.

Edited by Sete, 04 October 2019 - 08:55 AM.

Commander Dawnstar

Commander Dawnstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,145 posts
  • Faction: Ksi'm'yen.

By the way this is going, i expect BA vs Nids to be out december.

If GW pumps out 1 book a month.

I really can't see that happening. On Monday it'll have already been a month since we first saw the Banshee Exarch, and given how GW normally approaches this sort of thing we won't see Phoenix Rising on sale until the 19th at the earliest. They'd either need to start reveals for the next book immediately or even before the previous release hits stores to put out three books before the end of the year on a six-week cycle.

gallery_48988_15465_42927.pnggallery_48988_15465_1202.pnggallery_48988_15465_21744.png

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,274 posts

Didn't he already correct himself and say book 3 will be early next year? The rumors are coming quite a lot now and are being posted on different parts so it's hard to keep track off (as i can't read the source)

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,528 posts
Only thing I care about is loosing the current BT upgrade kit as it's fantastic
  • Kheotour and Slave to Darkness like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users