The Siege of Terra: The First Wall

Lmao everyone :cusss on Sigismund these days.

Tbf, that seems to just be the default existence of the loyalists.

Its gotten bad enough that Guilliman seems hard to buy as a threat and their only real challenge is them literally blowing up from being too OP to contain their own awesomeness.

Its kinda funny actually, alot of the loyalist legions have spent most of the HH either doing very little, desperately clawing pyrhhic victories or getting crushed. Now the Siege books seemed to have adhered pretty hard to that trend while making the Traitors even more power on the premise that its okay because Horus is going to explode. 

Don't know why, but I am starting to get bad 'ME3 Ending' vibes from the trend here. 

I originally did not really favor adding Scouring books to the docket, but I am starting to feel like I might need them to justify how on earth the Traitors ended up in the eye.

I must confess I've started feeling the same way in recent years. Especially with how loyalist characters keep dying left and right with traitors mostly surviving, because authors just couldn't resist filling their casts with characters who are guaranteed to survive to M.41 "cough Angel Exterminatus cough." 

The posing of the central clash looks a bit odd, anglewise.

Well now we know how they both survive the seige... Forrix tripped and landed on his face... unfortunately for Rahn, his terminator armour was too thick to get a good angle on him while Forrix rocked back and forth like a turtle... after 3 days they called a tie.

I just finished reading the book. No spoilers but I was pleasantly surprised by the end. It was a really slow start but after the first third it started to pick up. The novel seemed longer than usual at approx 440 pages? I’ve got no idea how they are going to tie this all up satisfactorily in five more main books. There just seems to be so much more to talk about and so many events/major characters that need including.

Corax looks ridiculous. There was 0 reference to actual ravens or tokens on him throughout the entire series. His planet is a rad-blasted, strip mined pseudo forgeworld.

Not 100% sure, but weren't there images of Raven Guard Legionaries bearing Raven Skulls as tokens, which implies that there were Ravens on their homeworld to get them from?

Corax looks ridiculous. There was 0 reference to actual ravens or tokens on him throughout the entire series. His planet is a rad-blasted, strip mined pseudo forgeworld.

Looks like it has wires sticking out of it. They could be psyber-ravens.

Ordered from Amazon. Great place in the 30th pace to find anything, but shipping times can be a :cuss with warp currents and all.

Kiavahr at the very least is home to raven-like creatures. To this day, Raven Guard dudes go on lone hunts to add their skulls to their belts and such.

Do we know what the Custodes is facing? Dämon? Gal Vorbak?

My personal highlights are Ran and the Chaos-Boys band *cough* group shot.

haven’t got there in the book yet, but based on the art and the Dramatis Personae I’m guessing

Cor’bax Utterblight

Kiavahr at the very least is home to raven-like creatures. To this day, Raven Guard dudes go on lone hunts to add their skulls to their belts and such.

That's all 40k and George Mann related (also terrible). Theres nothing in either the black books or the heresy series that indicates any form of bird or bird remains-collecting.

That's all 40k and George Mann related (also terrible). Theres nothing in either the black books or the heresy series that indicates any form of bird or bird remains-collecting.

Retribution page 22: Apothecary Kaylar Norn has two corvid skulls strung to his pauldron. Legionary Kirhane on page 46 appears to have a large skull set into his chest piece. The Raven Guard's bronze legion icon in Extermination also features two Corvid skulls strung to a pauldron.

Are we really discussing Corax & raven iconography?

There are raven skulls as tokens on several Forge World Raven Guard pieces. Their Legion iconography includes ravens. Corax himself has raven symbols on him since years with his Primarch novel being the latest addition.

I can't share some links right now but just google Raven Guard and Horus Heresy and you'll get Dark Furies with raven skulls on their kneepads, Corax' armor having them as well.

Heck, even his official Forge World portrait got small chains with avian skulls on it. Why is that even questioned? It's been part of their culture since years. :huh.:

*edit*

Why would he rename the XIXth Legion into Raven Guard if he's not familiar with ravens in the first place???

Edited by Kelborn