USMC Guard: IG/AM Regiment - 7th Ed. Idea, 8th Ed. Mod?

Hello all.

I failed to make it through boot camp. However I love the idea of getting this regiment figured out, and have to accept that the only way to show my penance for intending to get it done in time is to also try and learn to make a technology that will permit me to biologically upgrade myself to the point that I can, at my older age, get through Boot Camp.

If I should succeed, just think of how many that did earn the title of Marine might be able to get back into the fight.

---

USMC Guard

Regiment:

+1 Toughness

6+ FNP

Auto-pass ALL Morale Tests

Individual Guard Changes:

+1 BS, 3+ BS total

+1 Combat Knife

+2 LongLas-Lasgun (Only War RPG style Lasgun, Accurate, Felling (2), Brutal Construction) - (Can fire as a Longlas or a Lasgun per model, per turn)

8 Points total per Guard

14 Guard per Sqd., 4 Sqd.s per Platoon

- 1st Sqd: 1 PC, 1 P. Sgt., 1 Corpsman, 11 Guard; 3 Corporals (5AGL's, Auxiliary Grenade Launchers)

- 2nd-4th Sqds: 1 Sgt., 1 Medic, 12 Guard; 3 Corporals (4 AGL's)

1 Chimera per Squad, Autocannon, Heavy Bolter, Pintle Heavy Stubber; remove the Lasgun Array, 14 Guard Transport Capacity

7 Platoons per Company, 1 HQ, 6 Troops

Attached: 1 HQ Leman Russ by itself, 3 HS LR's (Preferrably Vanquishers, if only they fired both the Vanquisher Battle Cannon and could instead opt for the LR Battle Cannon, one or the other, per turn or per round as needed.)

Thoughts please?

And, planned penance for bringing this up is above in the OP. Hopefully the flames won't get too bad.

Edited by Karack Blackstone

These guardsmen require gene-seed, Marks of Nurgle, or augmetics to gain +1 Toughness. Are they pseudo-Skitarii (who have Toughness 4 instead of Astra Militarum guardsmen's Toughness 3)? Do they come from an industrial planet like Vostroya, where political power is shared between AdMech Tech-priests and normal humans?

Bred and trained for hardiness.

Tough, enduring, and able to take a hit, the Regimental training in question forces the body to become just more, as far as resilience and normal physical toughness goes. If Resilience ever becomes a stat, which I think it should, they'd be R 1 still, and Astartes R 2 baseline.

Tough, enduring, and able to take a hit, the Regimental training in question forces the body to become just more, as far as resilience and normal physical toughness goes. If Resilience ever becomes a stat, which I think it should, they'd be R 1 still, and Astartes R 2 baseline.

I think Toughness (how difficult it is to inflict a wound) and Wound (how much damage a unit can absorb, before this unit is destroyed) substitute for Resilience perfectly. It's not like Stamina (how far a unit can Move, and how many Turns this unit may fight, before this unit becomes too tired to do anything more) is a factor in-game.