Relics for the Phobos Rune Priest

NightHowler

I was fooling around with Battle Scribe and I noticed that if I give a Phobos Rune Priest a Relic of the Fang (Armor of Russ in this case), I get an error message saying “Rune Priest in Phobos Armor cannot have any selections of Relics of the Fang (hidden)”.

Is this true or is Battle Scribe mistaken? Any and all help is much appreciated.

It should, I think.

This is problematic because many of us do not have the vanilla SM codex

I "believe" they changed the wording to many of the phobos vanguard WL traits by limiting them to "PHOBOS UNITS" instead of everyone

I don't have the SM codex in front of me so can't confirm

Wulfen obviously do NOT have that keyword

I'm just looking at it from battle scribe. It effects chapter units. I don't see anything about phobos in the rule

Master of the Vanguard Add 1" to the Movement characteristic of friendly CHAPTER units whilst they are within 6" of your Warlord. In addition, add 1 to advance and charge rolls for friendly CHAPTER units whilst they are within 6" of your warlord.

Edited by Triszin

I'm just looking at it from battle scribe. It effects chapter units. I don't see anything about phobos in the rule

Master of the Vanguard Add 1" to the Movement characteristic of friendly CHAPTER units whilst they are within 6" of your Warlord. In addition, add 1 to advance and charge rolls for friendly CHAPTER units whilst they are within 6" of your warlord.

battlescribe is not a source of rules and should never be cited for points or game rules

it is a great tool but not official

if you ever do tournaments an error in battlescribe is your fault and being over by 1 point is a DQ.

also...if there is a rules dispute and you dont have the applicable codex you are automatically ruled against because battlescribe is not a substitution for a codex

Edited by TiguriusX

Just one relic, but I kept toying with it and the error message does go away if I make the Phobos rune priest my warlord.

Do you have another HQ that was your warlord before you made the Phobos your warlord?  Remember, no free relic unless you have a warlord selected.

My warlord in the list in question was a chaplain dread.  Can't give him a relic, so my non-warlord rune priest in phobos armor was the only character with a relic.